Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs - REBORN

verdant

468 posts in this topic

Regarding "The only thing I can not set is "On Chip ATA Devices" -> Raid Mode: ACHI

I'm not using any kind of RAID, and when I set it up like that I couldn't boot to Win XP"......are you saying that

you can switch to AHCI mode in BIOS but that when you do you cannot boot to XP

or

you cannot switch to AHCI mode in BIOS.....?

Sorry about my english...

I can switch AHCI mode in Bios

After switching I get a blue screen when I boot to XP.

Sorry about my english...

I can switch AHCI mode in Bios

After switching I get a blue screen when I boot to XP.

Good because for SATA OS X will require AHCI mode......and to use AHCI mode with XP you will need to see if the procedures here work for you or use make a slipstreamed XP CD with nLite that has the XP AHCI driver install on it.......

Is that necesary? Im trying to install OSX on my IDE HDD.

(Sorry for being sooo nOOOb)

I mentioned these things in case you cannot install on your IDE HDD...... :(

Ok, to make it clear, I'm able to install on my IDE HDD (MBR - HFS+ Journaled) and also I do want to install it on this HDD, the problem is after a "successful" install I can't boot the OSX getting the headers error, that's why in my first post Im asking how to choose the best settings on iPC for my mobo.

Ok, to make it clear, I'm able to install on my IDE HDD (MBR - HFS+ Journaled) and also I do want to install it on this HDD, the problem is after a "successful" install I can't boot the OSX getting the headers error, that's why in my first post Im asking how to choose the best settings on iPC for my mobo.

OK......this points to a "bad" BIOS.....can you boot the install with cpus=1?

Is the only way I can boot, but then I get the headers error.

Don't you think that it will be better to try to install iPC with the DSDT patches?

Try with the following iPC Customize menu selections:

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System (installed by default with AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext)

Language Translations - Optional

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3

Kernels - 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Drivers - Video Drivers - None

Drivers - Chipset Drivers – AppleNForceATA nForce Drivers

Drivers - Audio Drivers - None

Drivers - Ethernet Drivers - None

Drivers - USB Drivers - Patched USB Drivers

Fixes and Patches - Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5 (must be installed if Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel is installed)

Fixes and Patches – DSDT Patch

Fixes and Patches - AppleSMBIOS Patch - AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro

Applications - Optional but all selected except Marvin's AMD Utility

then boot with -v -f and report back........

Thanks a lot!!!

I'll let you know how was it...!

Regards

If you get OS X running OK, we can then sort out the video, audio and network drivers..... :)

AFAIK your audio chipset/codec is the VIA VT1708A 6-channel HDA and your LAN/Ethernet is the ATHEROS AR8012 10/100 Mbps PHY chipset......can you confirm this or are they different?

If you have these chipsets, then finding the correct driver kexts will take some researching!

If you get OS X running OK, we can then sort out the video, audio and network drivers..... ;)

I hope and can't wait!!

AFAIK your audio chipset/codec is the VIA VT1708A 6-channel HDA and your LAN/Ethernet is the ATHEROS AR8012 10/100 Mbps PHY chipset......can you confirm this or are they different?

If you have these chipsets, then finding the correct driver kexts will take some researching!

Audio: IDT 92HD202 6CH codec (92HD206 7.1 co-lay)

I found this thread:

Sound IDT 92HD206

LAN: Realtek RTL8201CL 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet PHY

Verdant you Rock!!!

Oops...Im trying to boot from iPC dvd, and Im getting still waiting for device...

weird, cause Im booting from ide dvd...any clue?

You should try with DVDRW connected to end black connector and jumper set to Master and the HDD jumper set to Slave and connected to the middle grey connector as the guide says.....

You should try with DVDRW connected to end black connector and jumper set to Master and the HDD jumper set to Slave and connected to the middle grey connector as the guide says.....

I'll try that.

Is it normal that I have to boot ipc dvd with cpus=1, if not it reboots?

Should I install any other patch you've already mentioned to fix this?

Thanks!!

I'll try that.

Is it normal that I have to boot ipc dvd with cpus=1, if not it reboots?

Should I install any other patch you've already mentioned to fix this?

Thanks!!

That is related to your "bad" bios I believe......you can hope that the DSDT patch sorts it out at least to enable you to get into OS X.....

@silaisa

@verdant

If i remember corectly I had the same problem with the still waiting for root device error.......a BIOS update fixed my problem and i have had no issues ever since If your desprate then its an option that you could try....

@silaisa

@verdant

If i remember corectly I had the same problem with the still waiting for root device error.......a BIOS update fixed my problem and i have had no issues ever since If your desprate then its an option that you could try....

aly369, My bios is up to date.

After this weekend and trying many different things, finally I was able to install and boot from Leo-> iAtkos v7.

And also I discovered something in my bios to enable Ahci and Leo be able to see my sata hd. When you set your Sata to Ahci, it apperars a new option to set the drive compatible to linux (Enable - Disable).

This is the only way Leo sees the HD. Now I have to figure out how to make XP work on Ahci mode (I've been trying: Post #52 without luck...)

After the successfull and working installation, I started to try to make work my ECS GF9400Gt and my audio...in some moment I screwed up it and I can't boot any more without getting a KP that makes the pc to reboot. I tryed (-v -f) (-v -x) And/or cpus=1...No Luck.

I know what I've installed from iAtkos v7 DVD before getting this KP:

Drivers -> VGA -> nVidia

-> EFI string for nvidia -> VGA/DVI

-> Enablers -> Old Enables -> NVinject

System -> Audio -> VoodooHDA

How can I remove these kexts? or is better to reinstall?

Thanks in advance

aly369, My bios is up to date.

After this weekend and trying many different things, finally I was able to install and boot from Leo-> iAtkos v7.

And also I discovered something in my bios to enable Ahci and Leo be able to see my sata hd. When you set your Sata to Ahci, it apperars a new option to set the drive compatible to linux (Enable - Disable).

This is the only way Leo sees the HD. Now I have to figure out how to make XP work on Ahci mode (I've been trying: Post #52 without luck...)

After the successfull and working installation, I started to try to make work my ECS GF9400Gt and my audio...in some moment I screwed up it and I can't boot any more without getting a KP that makes the pc to reboot. I tryed (-v -f) (-v -x) And/or cpus=1...No Luck.

I know what I've installed from iAtkos v7 DVD before getting this KP:

Drivers -> VGA -> nVidia

How can I remove these kexts? or is better to reinstall?

Thanks in advance

You are using both EFI string and NVinject......you should use either but not both.......

You should keep a backed up installed OS X system without video and audio drivers.....that you can clone if and when you "brick" the test system while figuring out the correct video and audio drivers to use......

You are using both EFI string and NVinject......you should use either but not both.......

You should keep a backed up installed OS X system without video and audio drivers.....that you can clone if and when you "brick" the test system while figuring out the correct video and audio drivers to use......

I guess, you are saying reinstall there's no possible fix?

I guess, you are saying reinstall there's no possible fix?

Not quite yet but if you have to then set up a working basic OS X system on a separate volume that you can clone.....

If you can boot with -s, then and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear, and type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear:

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext
exit

then see what happens......then try rebooting with -v -f

Not quite yet but if you have to then set up a working basic OS X system on a separate volume that you can clone.....

If you can boot with -s, then and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear, and type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear:

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext
exit

then see what happens......then try rebooting with -v -f

Yeah!! It worked! Thanks Verdant for all your help!!

I have two more things to solve and I think I'm done:

After installing these kexts the only way to boot is with cpus=1 flag. How can I fix it?

BTW, before these kexts the shutdown or restart did not work, (getting KP or hangs) and now they work very smooth :D. How can I see which kernel is loading?

I would like to make fully working my Gforce 9400GT, at the moment LEO recognizes it (name, memory) but I can't change resolution and Q/E is not available. What do you recommend?

I don't care about audio, I'm going to buy a cheap usb dongle :D

Thanks again!

Yeah!! It worked! Thanks Verdant for all your help!!

I have two more things to solve and I think I'm done:

After installing these kexts the only way to boot is with cpus=1 flag. How can I fix it?

BTW, before these kexts the shutdown or restart did not work, (getting KP or hangs) and now they work very smooth :( . How can I see which kernel is loading?

I would like to make fully working my Gforce 9400GT, at the moment LEO recognizes it (name, memory) but I can't change resolution and Q/E is not available. What do you recommend?

I don't care about audio, I'm going to buy a cheap usb dongle :)

Thanks again!

Fix cpus=1 with a patched DSDT.aml in /Extra with Chameleon 2.0 RC1 bootloader, or with a modded BIOS as breakingbad has said.....

Kernel loading.....via Terminal type

uname -a

Get 9400 GT drivers here.......

Fix cpus=1 with a patched DSDT.aml in /Extra with Chameleon 2.0 RC1 bootloader, or with a modded BIOS as breakingbad has said.....

I tried to say that when I made the Leo install, I selected the DSDT patch and Chameleon 2, and the installation booted ok without the cpus flag, until I insalled those kexts:

Drivers -> VGA -> nVidia

Then as you suggested I removed: VoodooHDA and NVinject

So after this I can't boot w/o the flag.

I don't know if the EFI string is making some trouble...

I tried to say that when I made the Leo install, I selected the DSDT patch and Chameleon 2, and the installation booted ok without the cpus flag, until I insalled those kexts:

Drivers -> VGA -> nVidia

Then as you suggested I removed: VoodooHDA and NVinject

So after this I can't boot w/o the flag.

I don't know if the EFI string is making some trouble...

Try removing the EFI string from com.apple.Boot.plist......the kexts you have removed should not cause you to have to boot with cpus=1.....

Hi verdant.....Another problem again....

I have two problems with my 8600GT. First of all Sometimes when it boots it just goes i pale with screen and i cant wake up out of sleep mode.......

my specs

ASUS P5N-MX

1.5GB OF ram

Intel e2160 @ 1.8Ghz

80GB SATA Hard drive (xp + osx)

160GB IDE hard drive (was for files untill i formatted my drive :hysterical:((( )

8600GT 512MB

By the way i need to install it again after drive problems