Cmedia 8738

Pons

228 posts in this topic

I actually have 10.5.8 presently installed on an EFIX machine I built. It is an intel Mac so the M-Audio Delta 192 PCI souncard does not work but I did buy an HT Omega Claro + Plus and I think it has the C-Media CMI8788 chipset and is works great on my other computer. This build is striclty for my recording studio and all I really need it to do is process the outgoing audio. I am new and haven't a clue what a kext is but I did download the driver Krazubu posted to this thread and I want to give it a try. ANY help is welcomed! THANKS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
recompile it 64 bit from sources (you can find them around)

It worked perfeclty in my 10.6.1

unfortunatly I'm not able to recompile a kext.

if you did it could you post it here or with a private message?

thanks

hi

i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to os x and ideneb, however i have managed to get it to boot up and work. the only thing left to do is to get my audio to work...

i have the c-media 8738 pci audio card and i have tried doing some of the things said on the thread but doesn't work. i have an msi p7n diamond board. please could someone write a detailed step by step guide for me, i would appreciate it very much

thanks in advance

oh and i'm using 10.5.5

ok, i try

No luck for me either (I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.1 64-bit). I have a CMI 8770 PCI sound card, but the 8738 drivers always worked for me, or they did back in Leopard. When I started up the computer in verbose mode, I got this error:

Kext CMI8738PCIAudioDriver failed to load (0xdc000016).

I then used kextlibs to examine the kext, which came up with this:

For x86_64:

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily = 1.7f16

com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily = 2.6

com.apple.kpi.iokit = 10.0

com.apple.kpi.libkern = 10.0

For i386:

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily = 1.7f16

com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily = 2.6

For ppc:

192 symbols not found in any library kext.

Kextutil came up with this:

Warnings:

Kext declares no com.apple.kpi.* libraries; if it references any kernel symbols, it may fail to link.

(kernel) Warning - kext com.homebrew.driver.CMI8738Audio declares no com.apple.kpi.* dependencies. If it uses any KPIs, the link may fail with undefined symbols.

(kernel) Can't load kext com.homebrew.driver.CMI8738Audio - link failed.

(kernel) Failed to load executable for kext com.homebrew.driver.CMI8738Audio.

(kernel) Kext com.homebrew.driver.CMI8738Audio failed to load (0xdc008016).

(kernel) Failed to load kext com.homebrew.driver.CMI8738Audio (error 0xdc008016).

Failed to load /system/library/extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.

Check library declarations for your kext with kextlibs(8).

Not exactly sure what it means, but could this help with the kext at all?

Thanks for posting that though!

• 2 weeks later...
Hm, you said it worked under 421 build? Was that an older version of Snow Leopard? I'm getting what I posted earlier, so maybe that kext just wasn't compiled correctly?

Yes, right. That was an early build before the retail. And it works well.

I didn't compiled the kext. I just installed it via kextinstaller.

tnx in advance.

No, but someone else compiled the kext. I still have a lot to learn about this stuff, so I have nothing for any solutions :/

It does appear that the kext may have to be recompiled for it to work for this newer version, would any of you guys happen to know how to work with the source? I can compile really basic code, but I'm clueless once there's all sorts of files included.

Hi guys! Sound working on SnowLeopard with CMI8738! :(

I've been able to compile from sources the kext for CMI8738 chipsets!

Output working perfectly under 10.6.0 64-bit. You will find the kext attached to this post.

Works for me

finally can work 64 bits

Thanks