557 replies to this topic

Arthur+Kiwi

Arthur+Kiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Dear Marionez,
I have successfully edit the DSDT and apply it and I have installed the AppleHDA.kext.
Now, please, could you give me simple instruction on how to apply the .xmls?
Thanks in advance!!!!

diras2010

diras2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi everyone!! i'm a average user of OS X, and now i'm stuck at a problem with audio kext...

my Hackintosh is working fine, but no audio at all, i have asked here and there, and have downloaded tons of audio kexts, but all of them are useless to me due the fact that my MoBo is DELL OEM X501H

by the way, the system say that it's a ALC1200/888 v100101, but oddy enough in windows i got that it's ALC888S

i already used the VoodooHDA option, but it gives KP on boot, and render my Hackintosh unusable, to the extent that i had to use my backup to restore it

if someone is capable and kind enough to patch me the appleHDA kext, i'll be infinitely grateful

i'm attaching the linux codec dump, the DSDT (correctly patched), the pin config (ready to use) and a copy of my sys in .ioreg format

Attached Files

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

some Maverick testing should be really appreciated... just to keep ready for the future!

so if someone go through 10.9 installation, please test this

oceaness

oceaness

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Making it smaller and faster

Hi

I'm new to the idea of a Hackintosh and so far seem to have been pretty lucky with getting any of this working judging by the warnings and experiences of others around the web.

Specs:
P5Q Pro - (I believe the audio is ALC1200 which I read somewhere is actually just an upgraded ALC888?)
Q9450
9800 GTX

I used MyHack to create a bootable USB drive with 10.8.4.

I then used it to install the bare minimum to get the system booting and allowed it to remove the recommended problematic kexts.

I then installed AttansicL1eEthernet.kext to get my ethernet working.

Now I am attempting to get my audio working (though you probably guessed that from posting in this thread)

I modified my DSDT by adding DTGP and then added HDEF as per the HDEF.txt file attached to the first post in this thread. I believe I have done this correctly, however I am not 100% sure of the correct placement for the HDEF addition. I have attached my dsdt.dsl to this post could someone who understands them better possibly check it for me?

Attached File  dsdt.dsl.zip   29.92KB   23 downloads

I then installed the AppleHDA.kext also included in the attachment using Kext Wizard to the Extras folder.

I have got somewhere, as before I did the DSDT edit and installed the kext the audio controller did not show up in System Information where as now it does at least show Intel High Definition Audio.

The problem I've reached is I am unsure how to use the XMLs that are needed to get it to work?

I hope someone can help move me forward with this as I've spent many hours trying different solutions and would love to have sound.

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

anyone on mavericks?  :rolleyes:

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

there's a huge news... 10.8 ALC1200 audio kext is working on mavericks 10.9 

NeXtor

NeXtor

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
could you upload the dsdt and the kext that you're using?
I have a P5Q Pro and still I can not run the sound card with Mavericks.

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

are on the first post, with 10.8 kext download you can find the hdef fragment.

again is this:

Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)  // _ADR: Address
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    Store (Package (0x04)
                        {
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

going *under* the section PCI0.

attached my dsdt, I recommend you MaciASL for dsdst editing => http://sourceforge.n...ojects/maciasl/

Attached Files

• Attached File  dsdt.zip   16.13KB   53 downloads

esRIAL

esRIAL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

EDIT: not neccesary anymore.. wrong post! sorry!

Manu0600

Manu0600

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

I got it working on my Asus P6T SE, but it was a bit of a pain, so i'll post my work for the others...

- I installed OS X Mavericks with MyHack (CPU, GPU and RAM are recognized already)

- Using ##### 6.0.0 i installed the Ethernet driver and the fix to make the computer shutdown completely (Ev0reboot.kext) and some others (such as SATA,...)

- using this video i got icloud working (with every app except iMessage, but i don't use it so i don't care)

- finally for the sound card : I installed DSDT editor and did the following :

1.open DSDT editor

2.file -> extract DSDT

3.patch -> open : open the HDEF file in my link (http://www.2shared.c...tion_files.html)

4.click apply

5.patch -> open : open the DTGP file in my link (http://www.2shared.c...tion_files.html)

6.click apply

7.IASL -> compile (you should get no errors)

8.IASL -> save aml : save it as "DSDT.aml" in /extra

9.install AppleHDA.kext from the first post using kext utility (it will rebuild cache automatically)

10.reboot and enjoy :)

ads103

ads103

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Hello, all.

I  installed 10.9 Mavericks on an Asus P5Q-EM yesterday, and have been fighting with the audio for several hours now. I got audio to work (sort of) using using VoodooHDA 2.7, but Voodoo's usual buzzing sound quickly got the best of me, so I've been trying the AppleHDA kext here.

So far, no luck. None. While booting in verbose mode, I've seen the error lines mentioned in this thread a few times ("Sound assertion"), but that's about it.

The documentation in the first post is a little dificult for me to understand, since on my last system (A Dell Optiplex 755), I never had to patch my DSDT. I'm very much a DSDT newbie. I managed to find walkthroughs on patching my DSDT for the P5Q-EM, and Chimera is loading my patched DSDT. Now that I'm back at my Hackintosh, I've attached the sound assertion errors and my patched dsdt in hope that it'll help y'all diagnose the problem better.

My biggest question is (aside from why isn't it working), what's the purpose of the .xml files in the origional post? Additionally, is there perhaps a way to use the AppleHDA kext without using a patched DSDT? Used to be, graphics cards could be forced to work by inserting a string into your org.chameleon.boot.plist file in /Extra. Could a similar solution be used for the audio card?

As a sidenote, my board also has an NVidia GeForce GTX 650 graphics card. That card's HDMI port has an audio output of its own. Is there any way that the presence of the graphics card's output could be affecting OSX's ability to pick up the ALC1200?

Attached Files

chocoboss

chocoboss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I have read all those post .. someone has the solution for my dev ? VEN ID 1002 DEV ID 4383

crazyJAT

crazyJAT

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

I have that card

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801JD/DO (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:3a6e] (rev 02)

Which I think is an ALC1200 but I can't get it to work.
Any help?

Thank you

PS: It is a Asus P5QL-VM Do motherboard

Did this end up working? I have a Lenovo M58P with 82801JD/DO (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller.  

Everything I've read says this thing is an AD1882 audio chip, yet the device id, 3a6e is intel. I'm trying to get spdif working on this audio chip and VoodooHDA does not list SPDIF as an option.  If this is indeed not an ALC1200 and an AD1882, can anyone recommend solution for SPDIF?

nowhinjing

nowhinjing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I am happy to confirm that modifying the DSDT as described ( only 1 value to change ) and installing the AppleHDA kext provided gives sound on an Asus P5N7A-VM board with Mavericks !

I am ecstatic !   :hysterical:

Many thaks to all those who worked so hard to make this so easy for dumbos like me.

NWJ

PS I am running 10.9.1 - all working

chocoboss

chocoboss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I am happy to confirm that modifying the DSDT as described ( only 1 value to change ) and installing the AppleHDA kext provided gives sound on an Asus P5N7A-VM board with Mavericks !

I am ecstatic !   :hysterical:

Many thaks to all those who worked so hard to make this so easy for dumbos like me.

NWJ

PS I am running 10.9.1 - all working

Nice :)

the only solution I find was to buy an external sound card XD

kayoone

kayoone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I got it working on my Asus P6T SE, but it was a bit of a pain, so i'll post my work for the others...

- I installed OS X Mavericks with MyHack (CPU, GPU and RAM are recognized already)

- Using ##### 6.0.0 i installed the Ethernet driver and the fix to make the computer shutdown completely (Ev0reboot.kext) and some others (such as SATA,...)

- using this video i got icloud working (with every app except iMessage, but i don't use it so i don't care)

- finally for the sound card : I installed DSDT editor and did the following :

1.open DSDT editor

2.file -> extract DSDT

3.patch -> open : open the HDEF file in my link (http://www.2shared.c...tion_files.html)

4.click apply

5.patch -> open : open the DTGP file in my link (http://www.2shared.c...tion_files.html)

6.click apply

7.IASL -> compile (you should get no errors)

8.IASL -> save aml : save it as "DSDT.aml" in /extra

9.install AppleHDA.kext from the first post using kext utility (it will rebuild cache automatically)

10.reboot and enjoy :)

Thanks so much man! That did the trick for me on my Asus P5Q Pro with Q9550.

tbelcher

tbelcher

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm hoping you can offer a little help.  I have an Acer Aspire m5630 with a gigabyte EG31M motherboard.  It has an 888s (1200?) chip.  I've added the HDEF to my DSDT (attached) and installed the AppleHDA.kext from the ALC1200_lm_108.zip file.  The audio ports show up in System Profiler and in System Preferences, but I can;t get any sound to come out.  

Can someone please take a look at the attached and let me know if you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Attached Files

h0l

h0l

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a P5QL Pro, running Mavericks, without a patched DSDT. I installed the AppleHDA from the first post (second method). Audio is working fine (front headphone output) but the mic in seems to be unsupported. What would be the easiest way to get this working (need it for Skype and Rosetta Stone)?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: realtek, alc1200, mountain lion, kext, audio, dsdt, snow leopard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy