• 15 posts
who cares ?!? please stay on topic !

pepsimax

pepsimax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I cant wait for this driver to be released :) Do you think that it will make the touchpad work too ?

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
who knows...and after it will be a big challenge to rebuild a extension.mkext DVD using this file!

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
so man what's up with the compilation of this driver? as u must have all notice NP nvidia driver now provide full support of high resolution on notebook, and Omni almost achieved his ATI driver too! so let's the show begin with a working keyboard :(

billmaudit

billmaudit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
if you are not satisfied, install xcode, download the sources and WORK for once instead of complaining like you do in all topics...

billmaudit

billmaudit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
this one works well under vmware but still stop with kernel panic fpu exception booting natively...

Attached Files

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
first billmaudit if u read carefully im not complaining about anything
secondary r u sure that this kernel panic fpu isnt linked to ur install? for the rest im gonna try but i need a USB keyboard to replace the kext and repair permissions.
voila a +

pepsimax

pepsimax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
thanks Billmaudit, but it still does not work. In the start process (verbose mode) I can see this error : appleps2controller.kext : timed out on mouse input stream
and when system is launched I don't have neither keybord or mouse. I must then use USB mouse and keyboard in order to be able to use the system... <_<

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
pepsimax have u fixed the permission etc?

billmaudit

billmaudit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

thanks Billmaudit, but it still does not work. In the start process (verbose mode) I can see this error : appleps2controller.kext : timed out on mouse input stream
and when system is launched I don't have neither keybord or mouse. I must then use USB mouse and keyboard in order to be able to use the system... :(

Could you be more specific about your system, is it laptop, desktop, give model, motherboard, mouse type....

first billmaudit if u read carefully im not complaining about anything
secondary r u sure that this kernel panic fpu isnt linked to ur install? for the rest im gonna try but i need a USB keyboard to replace the kext and repair permissions.
voila a +

the kernel panic seems to be related with legacy usb support from the bios of my laptop.

pepsimax

pepsimax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
CycloneFr : I made the classic installation :
- unzip ApplePS2Controller.kext on desktop
in terminal :
- sudo -s
- cp -R ApplePS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
- chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

Billmaudit : My system is a Sony laptop model S2XP (Pentium M 1.8/ati 9700)

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
okay arf ! and with the first release of the driver? i have it if u need it

pepsimax

pepsimax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
because Bilmmaudit remove the first release I have not be able to test it. Can you please give it to me ?

SmilE

SmilE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
hi, i tried all the solution proposed here... but nothing is working for me.
i have an acer travelmate 4001 wlmi
centrino 1.5 ghz
ati 9700

i have installed mac os x 10.4.4 (with patch 10.4.5 included in install by Myz)

please help!!! i tried every solutions on the board :D

ElSenorPantelone

ElSenorPantelone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey Bill, thanks for all the work that you have been doing. I have been keeping up with this thread because my laptop keyboard and touchpad refuse to work. I have a Gateway NX850XL which has a 915 express chipset. 2.13gzh P4M and according to Gateway a "Gateway EZ-Touch" touchpad. I looked for the PNP Device ID in windows and I get: "PNP Device ID ACPI\SYN0403\4&3863886D&0" which leads me to belive that it is I Synaptics touchpad. I have NOT been able to get any drivers to work. I have scoured the forum, the wiki, and IRC, but nobody has a solution for me. Here's the deal though, It seems that if I change the files in the current kext that I have, the one on the prepatched DVD, and force a reload of the kext, it loads and both my keyboard and mouse work, but no matter what I do to /etc/rc there is no way that I can script a way to get it working. Is there any suggestions that you might have for me? I appreciate it.

SmilE

SmilE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
for me, i have changed the etc/rc file under windows by MacDrive :D
then, my keyboard works in the 15 firts seconds of boot in osx and freeze after that :)
no help?

inteluser

inteluser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
but notebooks have inbuilt keyboards!

SmilE

SmilE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
i find the way for working keyboard :)
just open the file "applePS2Controller.kext" with right click and "open package".
then in "plugins" folder, you have "applePS2Keyboard.kext". Right click then get info.
In section "Owner and permissions", open the security device for change. select your username for owner to get permissions. Normally some parameters were shadowed, they will appear then :)
just close the file and modify the file /etc/rc how it was described before with kextload :)
it works+++ i'm searching solutions for trackpad :) using usb device does'nt kill me yet ;)

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
hum great! SmIIE and it works with the original 10.4.5 PS2Controller.kext of the one uploaded on this forum? thanx in advance
ps: and making the same change on the applePS2trackpad doesnt work i suppose

can u remind a full procedure for noobs and the rest cause there is so much ApplePS2controller.kext on this site that a clear workaround is a good thing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
@ SmilE

Yeah! That'd be great to have a step-by-step instructions. If you have some spare time - please- write it down :) ThanQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy