Hacked PS/2 Driver :)

babaev

210 posts in this topic

If it worked, why did you install patch?  :)

If it didn't work neither before, not now - tell me you system configuration, please. I'll try to do something.

If I don't apply the patch, the keyboard works in VMware, but not in native mode. If I patch, it doesn't work in VMware nor native. My system config is in one of my later posts on page one of this thread.

Thanks for trying to help :D

KB: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected acknowledge from PS/2 controller.

i get the same error plus something about mach unable to set the interrupt and the keyboard doesn't work anymore.

Now if only i didn't password the root account i would be able to replace the offending kext without having to reinstall osx lol

This seems to have fixed my keyboard problem.  Although it only seems to work only after a cold boot and if I press a key during the boot up.  If I don't touch anything, it doesn't seem to work.  Odd...

Source driver is written very badly. I did one more step to correct work of ps/2 keyboard driver, but it's not last. When I'll know more about protocol, I'll create more correct patch. Now it's only an "ugly hack" :-)

I spent some more time to create more accurate patch. Now it does not do BAT (keyboard self test), but only sets needed parameters. Also I got rid of annoying messages in system log.

But, in fact new KernelExtension do all the same things.

If your keyboard does not work with this patch - PLEASE, tell me keyboard type/manufacturer/ID/somethingElseToDetermineKeyboard. Type of your notebook, if it's native laptop keyboard.

PS/2 protocol is awfull! But I'll try to write normal driver. Next step will be looking to linux ps/2 drivers.

New Extension (installation is the same): ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

I tried your new patch, and unlike the last one, this one made the keyboard work in VMware. However, I still can't use it in native mode. My keyboard is a Logitech Ultra-X Flat (Model name Y-SX49). Would be very grateful if my problem could be solved. Keep up the good work!

I tried your new patch, and unlike the last one, this one made the keyboard work in VMware. However, I still can't use it in native mode. My keyboard is a Logitech Ultra-X Flat (Model name Y-SX49). Would be very grateful if my problem could be solved. Keep up the good work!

I know that keyboard, I'll try to update a patch for it next week.

I know that keyboard, I'll try to update a patch for it next week.

Hi Babev, could you look at the HP Pavilion ZV5410us keyboard :) , the only thing that was working on it with the new patch was the mousepad. But as soon as I tried typing everything went down.(The Keyboard and Touchpad). So if you could take a look at it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Specs

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c00285232

Hi Babev, could you look at the HP Pavilion ZV5410us keyboard :) , the only thing that was working on it with the new patch was the mousepad.  But as soon as I tried typing everything went down.(The Keyboard and Touchpad).  So if you could take a look at it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Specs

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c00285232

Ok, sure, I'll try. In some days. The difficulty of these keyboard's driver is that all keyboards are different. So, it's very hard to create universal driver. But I'll try in some time to create it.

@babaev

thanks for your help. I succesfully used your PS2 driver to get the keyboard working on my LG LW40 Express laptop; previously I was experiencing problems similar to those you reported, where the keyboard would not respond after booting OSX.

on a different topic, do you run linux on your LW laptop? If so, does it use the Intel HD audio for it's sound, and have you been able to get that working under linux? I have been running ubuntu, and despide getting everything else working over the past month, I havn't had any sucess with sound. feel free to email me joel.stan at gmail.com if you have any suggestions.

thanks again

babaev, I'm using deadmoo wmware image, copied to HD. It doesn't work, because of the trackpad (I guess). I think of using your patch, but, did you have this ApplePS2Controler.kext at the very beginning and tried to replace it, or was your first installation clean of this kext ?

I have seen that there is an AppleTrackpad.kext on Darwin source code site for my trackpad (synaptic) but I have anything to compile it.

• 1 month later...