Marvell Yukon 8001 - the driver

m.musashi

409 posts in this topic

Thanks

Now it works!!!

I changed 0x432011AB into 0x170010B7 (which I found in PC windows registration info).

Then kextcache -k skge.kext.

This is what I got now.

skgeosx::probe(ethernet)

skgeosx::start(ethernet) <1>

skgeosx: SKGE for OSx86 v0.2d ---- M.Musashi ©2006

skgeosx: VendorID:10b7 DeviceID:1700 Rev:12

skgeosx: board is Yukon

skgeosx: Ethernet address 00:0e:a6:47:fa:76

skgeosx: Enabled!

skgeosx: setMulticastMode on

skgeosx: setMulticastMode off

skgeosx: link speed now 100 Mbps, full duplex.

skgeosx: setMulticastMode on

So now I proved that this skge.kext works with P4P800 3C940 onboard lan though vendor and device ids are different from 0x432011AB.

Thanks Musashi!

I have a Asus onboard Marvell 88E8001, and this driver seems to work in that the "Onboard Ethernet" checks out with a green light, however the Network configuration window under System Properties crashes. It worked before I installed the musashi's driver and now it won't even open. Anyone have this problem?

Hello, I was wondering if this would work in 10.4.1? Because I have tried with no avail. It dosn't show any error messages, but when I reboot It's like nothing changed. It is still exactly the same.

I am using an ASUS A8V. With the Yukon 8001.

Any suggestions?

\Guys, I followed your direction down to the letter without any luck. I'm running a shuttle sn95g5 which has a yukon 8e8001 dev id 4320.

I did this:

open terminal

sudo -s (password)

cp -R (drag and drop the file and remove the / at the end) /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot

and it didn't work and told me that the extension skge wasn't installed properly on boot up. I also got like 40 lines of errors when the system was booting up.

Finally as I was installing my realtek ac97 I found instructions for that which went as follows:

1) copy AppleAC97Audio.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

2) cd /System/Library/Extensions

3) sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAC97Audio.kext

4) sudo chmod 755 AppleAC97Audio.kext

5) Restart

I took out the parts that said appleac97audio.kext and replaced with skge.kext and finally I have internet access. I did no run the part that says sudo chmod 755 appleac97audio.kext because I have no idea what that does. Should I run that line as well or no? I'm an extreme noob to apple software right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon. Upon restart my internet wasn't working and I had to do the same commands to get internet access.

Now I'm also getting a bunch of errors like this

APC4: family specific matching fails

when the computer boots.

Any ideas?

Edit: I tried reinstalling the kext and it works on reboot but I'm gettin like a hundred of these errors below:

PCH: family specific matching fails

APCI: family specific matching fails

APCJ: family specific matching fails

APCK: family specific matching fails

APCS: family specific matching fails

APCL: family specific matching fails

APCM: family specific matching fails

AP3C: family specific matching fails

J APCZ: family specific matching fails

APSI: family specific matching fails

APSJ: family specific matching fails

SYSR: family specific matching fails

PIC: family specific matching fails

DMA1: family specific matching fails

Is this because of the yukon driver???

Great work.. works fine on my 8001 ( Asus P4P800E-Deluxe )

Thanks m.musashi :thumbsup_anim:

Works great with my P4P800-E Deluxe. Great work.

That's great news! I ahve the same board.

What OSX are you both running? 10.4.4, 4.5, or 4.6?

I'm downloading JaS OSX 10.4.6 DVD now, I can't wait til it's finished and I can install the Yukon Driver.

M.Musashi, you are a God among us all! Thank you for ALL of your hard work!

Have either of you had any other issues with the P4P800-E Deluxe board?

D-Link DGE-530T runs amazing... but you have to go to /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change the ID thing from whatever it was to 0x4C001186 (device id 4c00, vendor ID 1186). After that, reboot and run Network in System Preferences and it says a new port detected, PCI Ethernet Slot PCI1

Now I'm also getting a bunch of errors like this

APC4: family specific matching fails

when the computer boots.

Any ideas?

Edit: I tried reinstalling the kext and it works on reboot but I'm gettin like a hundred of these errors below:

PCH: family specific matching fails

APCI: family specific matching fails

APCJ: family specific matching fails

APCK: family specific matching fails

APCS: family specific matching fails

APCL: family specific matching fails

APCM: family specific matching fails

AP3C: family specific matching fails

J APCZ: family specific matching fails

APSI: family specific matching fails

APSJ: family specific matching fails

SYSR: family specific matching fails

PIC: family specific matching fails

DMA1: family specific matching fails

Is this because of the yukon driver???

I get the same errors during boot...BUT my ethernet works great! =)

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

Thanks Musashi

I seem to be cursed for all technology. anyways, I have the Asus P4P800 board, like alot of people. This also means that I have the Yukon 88E8001 Gigabit Ethernet. Now I am a newbie, but I thought I knew what I was doing. I'm not much a a unix guy either. So I copied the installation instructions and seemed to get no where.

I tried using Terminal to copy the file (skge.Kext) over to the extensions folder. Now here's a question for ya out there. Can I not just drag and drop the file over to the Extensions folder?

Now I didn't have to change the Vendor and Device ID, as my ID is 0x432011AB, which is the same as what's already there. So it should be simple, right?

When I use the other number (0x170010B7) I get no errors and no ethernet. Now when I use the default number, I get an error telling me the kext file can't be used and I should reinstall it. So obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Please help. Thanks.

I also have a ATI AiW 9700 Pro. Is there something special I have to do to get it to show me some display options. I know the Readeon 9700 is one of the extensions, but was wondering if there is something I have to add or change.

Thanks again

I have P4P800SE and I've downloaded the driver from windows and putted the directory (skge.kext) into /System/Library/Extensions/ and rebootted the pc.

I can see no differences.

I tried to change 0x432011AB into 0x170010B7 but i can see anything odd.

No message in dmesg, nothing .. as I haven't done anything.

What should I do? :D

Do not need to modify DeviceID.

You must use 0x432011AB, bacause this is your DeviceID.

1)Copy skge.kext in to the /System/Library/Extensions/

2)Open Terminal.app(Application/Utilities)

3)Type this 4 commands (ENTER after every line):

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext 
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext 
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

(After first command it will ask for your password)

-restart-

Good luck!

Hi there, I am currently using a Syskonnect SK 9521 V2.0 Gigabit ethernet card in my computer. I was able to get the card working thanks to the programmer of this driver. You rock.

In the Info.plist I had to set up before the install Device ID: 4320 Vendor ID: 1148

It's working beautifully! For some reason the manufactuer's driver for OS X would not load.

Many thanks to this form for getting me up and running (even though it took 5 hours!) :D

Mac OS X 10.4.6

P4 2.4 HT

guys sorry for my noobiness

I know my way around linux and windows, but still pretty much a noob on this mac

I have a yukon installed on my pc which i am running mac on, i downloaded the driver here and installed it like the instructions said, but i have not been able to make it work, I think it has to be something with editing the vendo id, but still i haven't figure out or found out how and where?

can you guys give me a little help here??

thanks