Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:28 PM
Why don't you just run DarwinDumper?
To answer my own question, I guess because of root privileges as you won't know the password...
Here's a faceless version of DarwinDumper (v2.5.7f).
Put it on a USB memory stick and double click it to run. It'll save the files to where it's launched from so all you'll have to do is insert the USB stick, run it, wait a few seconds for the dumps to appear then eject the USB stick.
To avoid using root permissions I've had to remove the following:
- BIOS ROM dump.
- dmesg dump.
- Lspci dump.
To keep it quick, it doesn't create an html report either.
EDIT: Attachment removed as newer version (v2.6.5f) is posted below.
Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:54 PM
Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:03 PM
I believe something has changed..
Apparently I used the wrong version of SMC_util2. Some of the SMC keys are missing. Does that look right to you BlackOSX? If so I'll have to make another trip to were I got these dumps.
Looking at your SMC dump of the iMac13,1 I see a truncated list showing only 191 keys. The first line reads:
Num: b0=0 b1=0 b2=1 b3=ffffffbf size=4
If I run the same version of SMC_util2 on my iMac11,3 I get a list of 297 keys. Here the first line reads:
Num: b0=0 b1=0 b2=1 b3=29 size=4
What does b3 signify? Why ffffffbf for the new model and only 29 for the iMac11,3 ?
I guess we can check the SMC_Util2 source
Slice has fixed the issue in SMC_util3. See here for more info
Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:47 PM
- Copy the DarwinDumper to a location. For example a USB flash drive.
- Double click the icon to start the app. You'll see a dock icon.
- When the dock icon disappears the app has finished and there will be a DarwinDumperReports folder in the same directory as the app.
It's set to perform the following:
- Run without root privileges.
- It will dump everything apart from bios, dmesg, firmware memory map, kexts, lspci.
- Archive to .zip.
- Create a collapsed html file.
- Not to open the final dump directory or html file.
EDIT: Attachment removed as newer version(v2.7.0f) posted below.
Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:01 PM
As above but the latest version: 2.7.0f
Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:08 AM
the complete file uploaded by anv to rapidshare is gone.
i need a dsdt from a mac with HD3000:
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2011)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011)
- MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2011)
- MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011)
- Mac mini (Mid 2011)
- Mac mini Server (Mid 2011)
would anyone be willing to provide one?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users