ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

So essentially from what I understand, the problem is that the display connection on most laptop with ATI mobility prevent it to automatically transfer the Diplay's EDID info to Mac OSX. So by dumping it the EDID in windows and inserting it in Natit, it should solve the problem.

I'll try that soon and report back. I think we're almost there guys! Let's do our best and solve this problem as soon as possible!

may the force be with you.. good luck

we can insert EDID into natit, but what's the point? OSX doesn't know which way to send signal, we need to insert connector tables, so it could detect EDID automaticaly and send signal in right way. connector tables are hardcoded in linux opensource drivers. deadbeef is working on that

@Aidass, you must be right man! I tried EVERYTHING or at least, but no luck, tried to insert EDID in every possible way... but no luck, Display Overides no luck...!

What's weird is that i see better result without natit!

In fact without Natit the screen gets scrambled and I can see some effect of the mouse moving! Furthermore there is still computer hard drive activity! But with Natit it get's stuck to black screen internal and a complete halt to all computer activity! Even the hard-drive completely stops... Thats not a good sign...

I think the connector table idea is great! If you guys can acheive this you're really geniouses! It's our only hope for now... @Deafbeef good luck man! Keep us informed! :)

may the force be with you.. good luck

Thanks man! But I'm really sorry... I've tried my BEST, coding C++ and working with this EDID stuff but no sucess... :)

Guys, Also let's hope that 10.5.7 which is already out (or coming pretty soon) will have some new framebuffers, drivers ...etc. that are more Mobility friendly and with better display detection! :)

is possible work with mobility 3650 on my Toshiba A300-1DV???

with which kext??I have tried them all and they do not work.

I've tried them on my Toshibe A300-AI1 and they also didn't work ;). I'm having a lot of AppleDecript errors... You?

(boot with -v -f)

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my ATi mobility hd3650 to work for few days now..

First I tried the Kalyway 10.5.2, installed all kext from the package Trial2 RV636, which YannickD used. At first it seemed like everything worked, got the 1280x800 resolution, mouse, dock.. everything worked smooth.

Couldn't play videos though, got bit of sound.. and black screen. Also noticed yesterday, that if I would drag a window over desktop fast, it would kind of break (not smooth at all).

Tried to update my install to 10.5.6, but failed, don't really get that whole DTSt patching and stuff :unsure:

Today I have installed the iPC 10.5.6 Final, since I couldn't update the Kalyway, I thought perhaps this would work. Installed the kexts, same results as with previous install, except that if I drag any window fast it goes smooth, without any graphic breaks. Also tried to play a dvd.. sound works perfect, get fullscreen, but black.. :(

Btw, in the readme of the Trial2 RV636, it says to repair permissions after, I skipped that part, because when I used it last time and rebooted, whole screen was messed up.. blocks, few colors,, etc.

I liked the Kalyway install better, for some reason now the system sees my videocard as 512mb instead of 256mb and it seems im running 1440x instead of 1280x... I doubt this helps anyone, still wanted to share.

Cheers.

!!! UPDATE !!!

Because of the wrong hardware info, and some boot errors messages, I decided to install Kalyway 10.5.2 again.

This time I installed the Trial 1 package first (the one with mobility3650pkg) and guess what, it WORKS!!!

First thing that I noticed was, the task bar became transparent, didnt have that with the Trial2 RV636..

The video worked, finally got some animation instead black screen.. BUT it was like it had trouble with playing, the sound was being interrupted all the time, so I installed some new sound patches from iPC OSx86 and perfect!

ALSO important! In my case, I installed Trial 1 package first , rebooted and it was ready! But due the sound issue I thought I needed to install the Trial2, BUT NO! It made things worse, so I reinstalled Trial1 again, tried some new Audio patches and thats IT!

If screenshots needed, I will post them later, need to figure out how to make and save them in OS X :P

screen-capture.png

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my ATi mobility hd3650 to work for few days now..

First I tried the Kalyway 10.5.2, installed all kext from the package Trial2 RV636, which YannickD used. At first it seemed like everything worked, got the 1280x800 resolution, mouse, dock.. everything worked smooth.

Couldn't play videos though, got bit of sound.. and black screen. Also noticed yesterday, that if I would drag a window over desktop fast, it would kind of break (not smooth at all).

Tried to update my install to 10.5.6, but failed, don't really get that whole DTSt patching and stuff :wacko:

Today I have installed the iPC 10.5.6 Final, since I couldn't update the Kalyway, I thought perhaps this would work. Installed the kexts, same results as with previous install, except that if I drag any window fast it goes smooth, without any graphic breaks. Also tried to play a dvd.. sound works perfect, get fullscreen, but black.. :(

Btw, in the readme of the Trial2 RV636, it says to repair permissions after, I skipped that part, because when I used it last time and rebooted, whole screen was messed up.. blocks, few colors,, etc.

I liked the Kalyway install better, for some reason now the system sees my videocard as 512mb instead of 256mb and it seems im running 1440x instead of 1280x... I doubt this helps anyone, still wanted to share.

Cheers.

!!! UPDATE !!!

Because of the wrong hardware info, and some boot errors messages, I decided to install Kalyway 10.5.2 again.

This time I installed the Trial 1 package first (the one with mobility3650pkg) and guess what, it WORKS!!!

First thing that I noticed was, the task bar became transparent, didnt have that with the Trial2 RV636..

The video worked, finally got some animation instead black screen.. BUT it was like it had trouble with playing, the sound was being interrupted all the time, so I installed some new sound patches from iPC OSx86 and perfect!

ALSO important! In my case, I installed Trial 1 package first , rebooted and it was ready! But due the sound issue I thought I needed to install the Trial2, BUT NO! It made things worse, so I reinstalled Trial1 again, tried some new Audio patches and thats IT!

If screenshots needed, I will post them later, need to figure out how to make and save them in OS X :P

Hello. Can you put the links for the drivers you used, and aventualy the axact steps that you did (if you run repair permission or how did you installed exact)

How did you installed Kalyway? What did you selact for the instalation? I have also Toshiba A300 so I want to do the exact steps you did. Thanks

Hello. Can you put the links for the drivers you used, and aventualy the axact steps that you did (if you run repair permission or how did you installed exact)

How did you installed Kalyway? What did you selact for the instalation? I have also Toshiba A300 so I want to do the exact steps you did. Thanks

Hi,

Well, even though I installed Kalyway, there are still some things that dont work properly, (usb, wifi, standby).

I dont know exactly what your specs. are with sound and all..anyway this is how I did it..

Kalyway 10.5.2

Kernels

kernel_vanilla_922

Graphics_Drivers

select nothing

Audio_Drivers

Intel NVIDIA VIA ATI HDAudioController

NVIDIAAC97Audio

Realtek Sigmatel ConexantAnalogDevicesHDAudioCodec (generic output support)

ALC883_DS3,p5k pro etc...

alc889a_shutdown_support

ALC882_p5w_dh_deluxe

sigmatel_9200_inspiron_9400

(I selected them all, and later added several from iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Final)

Conexant HiDef Audio

Sigmater 9200

ALC889A

ALC883

ALC882

Networks_Drivers

select nothing

Networks_Cards

select nothing

Mobo_Chipsets

AppleNForceATA

AppleOnboardPCATA

AppleVIAATA

AppleGenericPCATA

SiliconImage3132

Thirds_Applications (will be installed in /applications/KOOLSOFTS/)

candybar

Growl

GmailNotifier

kextHelperB7

onyx

pacifist

vlc

xbench

Others PATCHES

Francais_pc_keyboard_layout

TimeMachineFix

PowerManagement_bundle (don't install it if you have select sse2 patch !!!)

IntelMemoryController

USBPCGen (fix usbehci detection problem , enable usb2)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After install, first boot... I installed first: Trial 1 mobility3650, video worked perfect after reboot!!!

*** Due the sound issues I tried to install the Trial 2 RV636. (download: here) which ruined it all again.. so I reinstalled the first package and applied few new patches from iPC and thats it!! ***

Until today I always tried the Trial2 first... while the very first package solves everything, (for my system).

For network I used this: Marvel Yukon 88E8040T

Wifi still not working...

Hope that this helps you.

Hi, i have a Toshiba Satellite P300-1CD with mobility HD3650 DDR2 with HDMI.Tried installing ATI Mobility HD3650 test 1 on iPC 10.5.6 and I get an error System extension cannot be used(ATIRadeonX200.kext).I have installed kalyway 10.5.2 previously and the same driver package and it worked,full QE/CI.What is the problem now?

thanks

edit:got it working,just needed to repair permissions.

screenx.png

But now my screen(internal laptop) is somewhat flickering and mouse is sluggish.Its killing my eyes.Whats up with that?

Hi, i have a Toshiba Satellite P300-1CD with mobility HD3650 DDR2 with HDMI.Tried installing ATI Mobility HD3650 test 1 on iPC 10.5.6 and I get an error System extension cannot be used(ATIRadeonX200.kext).I have installed kalyway 10.5.2 previously and the same driver package and it worked,full QE/CI.What is the problem now?

thanks

edit:got it working,just needed to repair permissions.

screenx.png

But now my screen(internal laptop) is somewhat flickering and mouse is sluggish.Its killing my eyes.Whats up with that?

this is exactly what I've mentioned before in my previous post, I think the Toshiba P300 series has different thing comparing to A300 (if A300 users have no such a pain).

the screen is not ok, my eyes are not ok, the total usage is worse than using 1024*768 w/o any Kext loaded.

btw, Jebotebog, I didn't manage the LAN, sound to work, tried many driver with no luck, I began to doute the system has some incompatibility and needs certain extra fixes .

do you have them now, and how?

<br />this is exactly what I've mentioned before in my previous post, I think the Toshiba P300 series has different thing comparing to A300 (if A300 users have no such a pain).<br />the screen is not ok, my eyes are not ok, the total usage is worse than using 1024*768 w/o any Kext loaded. <br /><br />btw, Jebotebog, I didn't manage the LAN, sound to work, tried many driver with no luck, I began to doute the system has some incompatibility and needs certain extra fixes . <br /> do you have them now, and how?<br />

Sound and lan are a not working atm on my iPC 10.5.6 installation,i wasnt realy trying to get it to work maybe will later, but were working on Kalyway 10.5.2! I got sound with the package Realtek Conexant audio from kalyway install disc and lan with the attached file.

Marvell_88E8040T.zip

I'm using Toshiba satellite A300 and it works bloody cool. i never had any problem at all unlike the f**** Dell, i paid more than $2000 and the hard drive stuffed up after 1 week. they chnaged it for me.

i don't use os x anymore coz i can't do anything withought my graph card driver... using xp tell i find it. help ppl pls?

Toshiba satellite A300

ATI mobility HD Radeon 3650

IATKOS 10.5.5

HELP ME pls :(

Hi guys,

first thanks a lot for your great job. I've tried every package and kext on this forum but nothing works. kalyway 10.5.2. I 've got a studio xps 16 with the HD 3670 512 ram ddr3 800. I can try new stuff for you, it's up to you. I am a waiting man.