ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

thanks..for info about edid...

inserting is done in natit info plist

just opet this file in plistedit pro editor and you will find a string LVDS or EDID..and paste in there..a have reading that you need to flip your byte...but find a good tutorial and pray for it to work..:wacko:

http://tinyurl.com/yws6gk

this is natit that uses edid in configuration file....

hehem :) I've a toshiba (A300 laptop) but the mobility not work on ideneb v1.3, ideneb v1.4, kalyway 10.5.2, kalyway 10.5.2 update to 10.5.6, XxX 10.5.6(I have tried with test 2(RV635) and mobility test 1)...I'm hopeless

I tried installing the driver of ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 from XxX 10.5.6 final.v2. Result in some random rubbish screen but when in save mode it recognises the graphic card and the megaxxxx stuff improperly installed. Anyone have any clue. Might get us closer to being sucessful.

Hello. It's me again...:(

I have tried many times to get working solution on ati mobility hd 2400 xt (dev: 94c8)....for now a have add EDID (extracted with phoenix tool under windows) to ATIinject.kext, add device id decimal in this file.but when booting using boot-132 with flags -x -v- -f i see that this kext is not loaded...strange???

Then i put ATINDRV.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext with ATIinject.kext to get working solution..but..when boot with -v flag it write VGA: family specific matching fails so when i look into ATIRadeonX2000.kext there is 0x94c81002 device and with hex editor in file ATIRadeonX2000 is twice c894 device..so this is just fine...

I think that ATIinnject is writing to the registry EDID data to get LVDS internal screen working, ATINDRV is for resolution change, and the ATIRadeonX2000.kext is for QE/QC...so if console is writing VGA: family specific matching fails there is two possible solutions..

ATIRadeonX2000.kext does not support the device to be recognized(i use orginal ATIRadeonX2000 that has my device in so i think that's not the problem)..so guys what about IOGraphicsFamily.kext?

I think that IOGraphicsFamily is responsable to not get my device detected and other ATI Mobility..so if console write VGA: family specific fails...then is garbaged screen and so on...so does one have a solution where to download iographicsfamily kext(i im now on windows) and how to patch(hexedit)....

or how do i find what kext is writing in console VGA: family specific fails..

we are so close to find solution..so please mac guru help or if you have other idea let me know..:(

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

frist, i am sorry for my poor english

second, i have a DELL Studio 1735 with a mo 3650 too...and it's not working too...... :whistle:

i upload some pictures..

one of them show a line with" no supported by R600" after i install the kext 'Trial 1 (Classic).zip' or 'Trial 2 (RV635).zip' or 'Trial 3 (m86).zip'

no one is usable

apology again...

post-435107-1247296732_thumb.jpg

post-435107-1247296742_thumb.jpg

Fujilives

Hi

frist i need apologize for my poor english.

so.eh,I have a 1735 too

and only the graphic card is not working.

the IDT sounds card and the BC network card is working normally

so,if you need them.PM me

or add my hotmail or give me you email address.

My E-mail:ouyangtao42@hotmail.com

good luck

I have tried many times to get working solution on ati mobility hd 2400 xt (dev: 94c8)....for now a have add EDID (extracted with phoenix tool under windows) to ATIinject.kext, add device id decimal in this file.but when booting using boot-132 with flags -x -v- -f i see that this kext is not loaded...strange???

The -x flag boots the system up in safe mode which means that some kexts are not loaded. If you want the kexts to load even in safe mode then you have to make sure that the OSBundleRequired property of the info.plist is set to Safe Boot.

For more info on this look at The OSBundleRequired Property

iPoco

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @all,

i am one of the lucky peoples who are the ATI Mobility 3650 ist running. I uses the "Trial 1" drivers from here on Toshiba A300. All works fine. But there are two issues that i cant fix...

- Monitor cant goes Blank (Monitor Sleep) ...

- on System Sleep Monitor comes not back from blank...

i think that the monitor dont get the signal to go in sleep or come back from sleep. Has someone a idea ? EDID ? Natit.kext settings ?

best regards

TheWeasel

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to say that i had successfully installed the driver and it is working... juz tat the screen resolution cannot be changed , so i modified com.apple.boot.plist to change my resolution... my resolution is 1600X900, so any thing i can do to the driver to make it support this huge resolution?

I would like to say that i had successfully installed the driver and it is working... juz tat the screen resolution cannot be changed , so i modified com.apple.boot.plist to change my resolution... my resolution is 1600X900, so any thing i can do to the driver to make it support this huge resolution?

Is LCD screen of you Laptop working ?? Is that VAIO..Which package did you use ?

Regards

Yeah , my one is VAIO FW26G, and the computer name shown in system profile is Apple VGN_FW26G ( So weired)... i use the testing driver they provided... The LCD is working , just that the resolution is not right , so i installed this software called DisplayConfigX, and now i cannot log in the system...blue screen all the way~ I use iATKOS V7... quiet nice, just that no much software...

And i guess only VAIO will put very high resolution to their laptop screen... which is what i like the most... other laptops 13XX or 14XX for 17 inches or 16inches is considered high enough...i love high resolution~

Yeah , my one is VAIO FW26G, and the computer name shown in system profile is Apple VGN_FW26G ( So weired)... i use the testing driver they provided... The LCD is working , just that the resolution is not right , so i installed this software called DisplayConfigX, and now i cannot log in the system...blue screen all the way~ I use iATKOS V7... quiet nice, just that no much software...

And i guess only VAIO will put very high resolution to their laptop screen... which is what i like the most... other laptops 13XX or 14XX for 17 inches or 16inches is considered high enough...i love high resolution~

Wow..That is nice..I have FW21Z with 16.1 inch 1920x1080 pixel resolution. Same graphic card. I will install iATKOS V7 and test the package.Can you give me the link again for the package.?

suprisingly at my first install camera is detected.. :):)

Kindly Regards

Hi Everyone,

I've gone through nearly this entire thread and tried to do as much as I can without asking a question, but I'm finding myself stuck.

Everyone is saying that Toshibas are working fine with the 3650 mobility, but I can't seem to make that happen. I'm using iPC 10.5.6, have a Toshiba A305-S6916. Installs work fine, I can get ethernet working, and using lastexile's package will get my laptop to at least *recognize* the video card. However, I'm stuck without resolution options and I assume no support for QE.

I've tried using different kext packages recommended throughout the thread, both in 10.5.6 and an updated 10.5.8, using any kext packages leaves me with a crazy rainbow of colors after a reboot, even in safemode, and I'm forced to reinstall.

Is this all because I'm using iPC? Should I try the iDeneb distro? If there is an easy answer that I somehow missed, it would be greatly appreciated.