PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

It didn't work for mine.

I followed the directions and rebooted, but have never been able to see a battery meter at all.

It's like the powermanagement.bundle is in the right place, but the system does not know it's supposed to be looking for it.

What can I do to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still the best option out there for power management? I'm running a new install of Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and when I try to do this package, I can reboot successfully and everything seems to keep working.

But if I go into System Preferences and click on Energy Saver then System Preferences will freeze. My sleep still works brokenly and cannot check battery life, cannot get into Energy Saver at all.

With default Power module I can 0% battery life ( no info), I can go to sleep and wake up successfully, but all fans stay on and the screen darkens, but backlight stays on. It's like S1 state where I'd really like S3 fully in ram everything off sleep like I'm used to.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this still the best option out there for power management? I'm running a new install of Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and when I try to do this package, I can reboot successfully and everything seems to keep working.

But if I go into System Preferences and click on Energy Saver then System Preferences will freeze. My sleep still works brokenly and cannot check battery life, cannot get into Energy Saver at all.

With default Power module I can 0% battery life ( no info), I can go to sleep and wake up successfully, but all fans stay on and the screen darkens, but backlight stays on. It's like S1 state where I'd really like S3 fully in ram everything off sleep like I'm used to.

the same with 10.6.1 on msi wind :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hello im new with mac......i downloaded powermanagement.tar.gz i extracted the archive and there is nothing but a text file in there...:-?...i can't find a power management bundle....am i doing something wrong?...excuse my english i am romanian...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey Everyone,

So here is the final version of my PowerManagement.bundle with debug messages removed. For people who are interested in the discussion that occured during the development of this driver, please refer to: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...237&hl=2200

Overview:

This PowerManagement.bundle fixes many of the issues that people were having with displaying battery time remaining on laptop systems. As many of you already know, Apple is using many of the advanced features of Intels new Core Duo architecture. One of these is the power management features. Therefore, much of the code was not written to support power management on older (ACPI-based) systems. This new bundles basically, adds support for detecting and retriving information from batteries registered using ACPI.

Who Should Use It:

Really this should only affect people who are using laptop systems, as there really aren't any power management features on a desktop. If you are having problems getting time remaining calculations to display properly I recomend trying this new bundle. If you are not having any problems, you are welcome to try it out anyways, but I really see no reason to. In designing the new ACPI support I tried to leave the existing functionality as intact as possible, therefore, I am sort of curious about whether I succeded. Therefore, if someone would like to try installing this on a working systems, I would be interested in hearing how it worked. (However backup your old bundle just in case.)

Installation:

1. Download the PowerManagement.tar.gz file below to your favorite location

2. Un-archive the files. This will leave you with a PowerManagement.bundle

3. Navigate to: /System/Library/SystemConfiguration

4. (Optional) Backup your old PowerManagement.bundle

5. Copy (drag-n-drop) the new bundle into the SystemConfiguration folder

6. When the dialog box pops up, select authenticate and type your admin password

7. Reboot

8. (Optional) For those of you who helped with testing the debug release, please delete /var/log/PM.log

Additionally, for those of you who are interested, source code of the changes has been provided as well.

Thanks to everyone's help in the original thread for their comments/questions/suggestions, as well as their help testing.

Did everything as described above but nothing worked. No battery meter: (

I build Ideneb and notebook HP compact 61-110er