Good News: 10.4.6 Myzar V2

zico

97 posts in this topic

ok, i tried to replace in gui and now i can only boot in single user... i have the applicationservices.framwork folder in root... what command should i type in command line to replace it? i forgot the few commands i knew from the brief period i learned linux...:(

Hey,

A couple of days before, I went from a working 10.4.5 SP-002. to 10.4.6 Myzar update. It improved my system responsiveness, but for some reason, it would take a long time to boot. (Also Loginwindow asks for password now). Yesterday, I tried the Myzar Update V2. With this, the system perfermance also improved ( however, same long boot, and loginwindow ). But then I lost PPC apps, I lost the ability to look at samba shares etc. Frustrated, I reinstalled 10.4.5 Myzar DVD from scratch, and then went to 10.4.6 Myzar Update version 1. Moved the Disabled Frameworks - Disabled Extensions back, and everything seems to be working. I am not sure what happens in Version 2 that screwed up the PPC apps (Rosetta) and Samba.

However, the long boot still is there. And so is the loginwindow password issue.

Any ideas as to why the long boot time? It matches the Framebuffer and then waits for a good 30 seconds, and then continues loading other stuff. I looked through the errors / logs and I cant find anything.

Myzar, is the V2 Problem related to Carbon Libs or App Services. Should I apply the V2 Patch, and restore Carbon Libs / App Services. Do these have anything to do with Samba? Thanks

I did something similar, but more precise:

replace "CarbonCore.Framework" located in /system/library/frameworks/CoreServices.framework

I replaced with the 10.4.5 version and works, I was able to install windows Media Player and Office 2004.

what is more precise about that ? please explain .

:(

Any ideas as to why the long boot time? It matches the Framebuffer and then waits for a good 30 seconds

this can speed a litle your boot time

sudo -s

kextcache -e -z -a i386

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions -z -a i386

sync

this tip remowe all PPC kext from loading at startup

DO anyone know what error is this:

(57: SystemStarter)tfp: failed on 0:

I deleted 10.4.6 appservices and replaced it with 10.4.5's in single user mode , repair de permissions and know it won't boot at all... only boots to singleuser mode.

i really didn't want to waste more time in this!!!

Hi, for those who PPC's applications don't work after 10.4.6 update: you need to replace ApplicationServices.framework, CoreServices.framework AND Carbon.framework. With first two, you may be able to run most of PPC application, but Microsoft Office X, for example, doesn't work. With Carbon.framework I think you can run ALL PPC Applications that need Carbon libraries.

Sherry Haibara

I am unfamilar with copying in that unix prompt. I need to copy over the applicationservices. framework. I accidentally deleted on the working os x screen now I cannot boot.

How do I mount my cd rom?

And how would I copy it from one place to another

Sorry for the hassle caused, i will post a fixed ver tomorrow or sunday, looks like i've edited the ppc part of carboncore and coregraphics too trying to amd_enabler and that fuxored rosetta. Also 10.4.6 ogl isn't very friendly

well, just installed osx from scratch (including the temporary winxp copy) and am not going to try to update it again until i find a reason for it... i didn't get any device compatibility I didn't have already... good luck

Please explain for us newbies on how create a disk image from an installed system.

Any help appreciated.

http://c-command.com/dropdmg/

It might also help if you had a second os x install, then you could just restore your other os x partition from your second install.

Ofcourse, a simpler way to do it (but longer..) is to install using the 10.4.3 dvd (choosing to archive the previous install) and then upgrade to 10.4.4/10.4.5 from there.

http://c-command.com/dropdmg/

It might also help if you had a second os x install, then you could just restore your other os x partition from your second install.

Ofcourse, a simpler way to do it (but longer..) is to install using the 10.4.3 dvd (choosing to archive the previous install) and then upgrade to 10.4.4/10.4.5 from there.

huh just format and reinstall it takes less than 10 min in vmware

Sorry for the hassle caused, i will post a fixed ver tomorrow or sunday, looks like i've edited the ppc part of carboncore and coregraphics too trying to amd_enabler and that fuxored rosetta. Also 10.4.6 ogl isn't very friendly

Nice...

You have any idea how to apply the patch from single mode? :o I copied the wrong CarbonCore :D

I tried

installer -pkg XXX.pkg -target /

but it just sat there without installing :) had to use CTRL-C

Or do you know a program in windows to extract from .pkg ? :)

Thanks

Nice...

You have any idea how to apply the patch from single mode? :o I copied the wrong CarbonCore :D

I tried

installer -pkg XXX.pkg -target /

but it just sat there without installing :) had to use CTRL-C

Or do you know a program in windows to extract from .pkg ? :)

Thanks

mhh installer -pkg XXX.pkg -target / is the correct syntax but maybe it doesn't work because it uses carbon core, about windows i've no idea. To play with osx i've a vmware image that i boot to do repair on the hd image. That's my method when i screw up the real hd install

About windows i've no idea, it would be good to know

...But it killed Microsoft Network ( samba ) now. Can't access any samba shares.

It list well the shares while connecting to a server , but when logon something goes wrong.

I confirm. Upgrade creates problems.

v. MacOSXUpd10.4.6Intel_V3.zip

DO anyone know what error is this:

(57: SystemStarter)tfp: failed on 0:

I deleted 10.4.6 appservices and replaced it with 10.4.5's in single user mode , repair de permissions and know it won't boot at all... only boots to singleuser mode.

i really didn't want to waste more time in this!!!

I confirm. Upgrade creates problems.

v. MacOSXUpd10.4.6Intel_V3.zip

just to clarify, the V3 update causes problems or V2?