167 replies to this topic

sceptikart

sceptikart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
hello people,

i have followed the instructions but with no luck. i have iaktos v7 10.5.7 and kernel 9.7.0 and installed seatbelt for 10.5.7 but the issue is not fixed.. any ideas how to solve this? thanx in advance!

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 614 posts

hello people,

i have followed the instructions but with no luck. i have iaktos v7 10.5.7 and kernel 9.7.0 and installed seatbelt for 10.5.7 but the issue is not fixed.. any ideas how to solve this? thanx in advance!

Can you describe the problem that you are having? You are getting kernel panics after attempting to mount a DMV correct?

Open terminal and type:
uname -a

Tell me what it returns

BarryiPC

BarryiPC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I get a kernel painc each time I try and mount a DMG.

I checked which version kernel I have : 9.5.0

I have tried replacing the seatbelt.kext as instraucted in this post, but this has had no sucsess.

I have attached a photo of my Kernel Panic which I hope you might be able to advise me on. (1.8Mb size)

I can open the .dmg in Disk Utility and convert them to .cdr, then they will mount and open.

Any help welcomed.

Thanks,

Barry.

Attached Files

Dai__

Dai__

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

I'm new to osx86 :-)

I've got ideneb 1.6 Lite (10.5.8) installed with voodoo 9.8 kernel and keep getting panics mounting dmgs, I'm pretty certain the seatbelt is out of line with the kernerl / system.kext

I have already tried the seatbelt.kext for 10.5.8 from the first post as i thought that would be right, followed all the steps

I think the seatbelt looks like 10.5.7 still though....

Seatbelt.kext plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>BuildVersion</key>	<string>14</string>	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>	<string>107.10</string>	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>	<string>107.10</string>	<key>ProjectName</key>	<string>Seatbelt</string>	<key>SourceVersion</key>	<string>1071100</string></dict></plist>

System.kext Plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>BuildVersion</key>	<string>1</string>	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>	<string>9.8.0</string>	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>	<string>9.8.0</string>	<key>ProjectName</key>	<string>xnu</string>	<key>SourceVersion</key>	<string>12281504</string></dict></plist>

Uname -a result
Darwin damians-Mac.local 9.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.8.0: Tue Aug 11 12:57:32 AST 2009; Based on Voodoo :xnu-1228.15.4/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

I'm going to try another seatbelt but could someone confirm I've got the versions aligned

PC is a Dell Optiplex 210L, P4 3ghz cpu (I have disabled hyper threading - caused kernel panic)

Thanks

-- scratch that - worked fine with seatbelt.kext with the following plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>78</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>107.12</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>107.12</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<string>Seatbelt</string>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>1071200</string>
</dict>
</plist>

found in this thread

http://www.insanelym...29#entry1497792

Thanks to this topic I fixed it!

djstyfler4u

djstyfler4u

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Doesn't worked 4 me..

i found another way..

Check this out..

Pyro2927

Pyro2927

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Doesn't worked 4 me..

i found another way..

Check this out..

I want to smack you in the face for that stupid music.

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 614 posts
I am not sure if anyone is still having the kernel/sandbox DMG mounting issues but I noticed that my links were dead and needed updating.

Feedback is welcome. See first post in this thread.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,570 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

I have iDeneb 10.5.8 & Voodoo 9.5... and if i mount a DMG i get the error in the first post :'(

I tried using the 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext, followed your instructions, and NOTHING happened. My pc crashed again when i opened a DMG.

So do I need to upgrade to voodoo 9.8 and use the 10.5.8 seatbelt.kext... and where do I get voodoo 9.8 anyways (its not on their site)? Or can I just install the 10.5.8 kext?

I'm quite confused... pls reply!

See here.......:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy