• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Veacheslav

Veacheslav

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

So Ive attached a little package for you.
Unzip Files.zip and drag mach_kernel.voodoo, Seatbelt.kext & System.kext to your Desktop. Its important that all the files are on your desktop or it will not work. Install those two kexts and the new kernel with proper permissions or follow the instructions below.

Could you please reattach that package Files.zip?
I have installed iDeneb 1.6 10.5.8 under VMWare 6.5. Have tried different kernels 9.8 Qoopz and 9.5 Voodoo. With both of them I have kernel panic mounting DMG packages. Replaced seatbelt.kext, but with no success.

UPD: solved. Just replaced seatbelt.kext with version for 9.8 kernel. 9.5 voodoo and seatbelt for 9.8 kernel. 

Sage.Sergio

Sage.Sergio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

FOR ALL iAtkos 7 USERS!!!
When you want to mount the dmg files, You Got to DELETE seatbelt950.kext from /System/Library/Extsions.

so open terminal and sudo -s
rm -rf /System/Library/Extsions/seatbelt950.kext
then do the tutorial

compsman - You were right. it has helped me.
I tried 9.6.0 with 10.5.6, 9.8.0 with 10.5.8 - nothing helped. KP followed me.

But after I had deleted the seatbelt950.kext all mounted fine :o

Do not forget about the TS steps after deleted the file. :D

tyqre

tyqre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

compsman - You were right. it has helped me.
I tried 9.6.0 with 10.5.6, 9.8.0 with 10.5.8 - nothing helped. KP followed me.

But after I had deleted the seatbelt950.kext all mounted fine :(

Do not forget about the TS steps after deleted the file. ;)

When i did this the terminal just said acess denied all the way down.

dawoz

dawoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i've noticed a strange thing. i have iDeneb 1.6 10.5.8, and I have a Realtek RTL8139 lan card. the problem is:
when I've downloaded and installed a seatbelt.kext for 10.5.8 my lan connection went down. there was a sign "no network cable found" or something like that. but after installing seatbelt for 10.5.7 everything is working correctly. has ony1 got the same problem? earlier I had the same problem (lan cable not found) after upgrading from 10.5.7 to 10.5.8, I thought it was a drivers problem but it seems to be a problem with this seatbelt.kext, or am i wrong? can anyone explain this bug?

U0xhhh

U0xhhh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
If you have the 9.8.0 kernel you will need the Seatbelt.kext from 10.5.8.
you can also download from http://uploading.com...tbelt.kext.zip/
i installed seatbelt kext 10.5.8 by using kext helper to solve dmg mounting issue.
i installed voodoo 9.8 along with sealbelt fix on the above mirror.
i posted uploading link for everyone because in order to download from rapidshare, one needs to have premium account.

wileecotye

wileecotye

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
this is the best post i have seen to date
it explains what is being done and why
excellent easy to follows

thank you so much
if others did it this way to then half of the noobie question wouldn't exist

HackintoshHD

HackintoshHD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I will be using I-atkos 10.5.5. and in the past I have had issues so I am reinstalling; this was my problem;everytime id use dmg it give me a kernel panic.Couldnt you also use cups=1 at boot to stop this from happening? anyways what seatbelt kert would I attach to the installation section?

Andyyyyy94

Andyyyyy94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Could you please add this Link to #1 for Seatbelt_1058 - Rapidshare sometimes doesn't let you download, when you aren't Premium Customer

: http://www.mediafire.com/?miom3ynmzdm

Thanks!

RealGold

RealGold

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I installed my PC with 10-5.8 and used Vanilla Kernel. USB doesn't work. And I tried to install various Kexts to fix the problem, but nothing help. Now I changed Voodoo 9.8 Kernel and also installed Seatbelt.Kext 10.5.8 here. But it do still nothing. Can anybody help me?

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 614 posts

I installed my PC with 10-5.8 and used Vanilla Kernel. USB doesn't work. And I tried to install various Kexts to fix the problem, but nothing help. Now I changed Voodoo 9.8 Kernel and also installed Seatbelt.Kext 10.5.8 here. But it do still nothing. Can anybody help me?

Which version of System.kext are you running? Right click on System.kext in /System/Library/Extensions and reply back with the version.

Juan685

Juan685

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
thanks alot!!! if you are still having problems and you have a 9.7 kernel get a voodoo 9.5 kernel and install it. then get the 10.5 seatbelt and install it..i think the seatbelt i used was 10.5.7 or 10.5.5 but i dont remeber but i know it was one of those. then use ox86 tools to fix the permission and then u good..i think that was all i did...i couldnt even download dmg files now i can and i can even mount them..

good luck fixin the seatbelt problem..

pederb

pederb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi, I have the same problems with Kernel panic while mounting some .dmg files like Yahoo Messenger?Attached File  006.JPG   1.34MB   11 downloads

I did follow the instructions and installed the correct seatbelt.kext for the 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel. I have iPC 10.5.6

Please advise

Cheers

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Hi, I have the same problems with Kernel panic while mounting some .dmg files like Yahoo Messenger?Attached File  006.JPG   1.34MB   11 downloads

I did follow the instructions and installed the correct seatbelt.kext for the 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel. I have iPC 10.5.6

Please advise

Cheers

Navigate Finder to the /System/Library/Extensions folder. Right click on Seatbelt.kext and select Show Package Contents. Open versions.plist in the Contents folder and check which BuildVersion. It should be 14

Alternately you can type the following in Terminal to see the BuildVersion
nano /system/library/extensions/Seatbelt.kext/contents/version.plist

If it is than remove Extensions.mkext cache file by typing the following:
sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
touch /System/Library/Extensions

Restart with -f boot flag.

Reply back if this does not fix the problem

pederb

pederb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>45</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>107.10</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>107.10</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<string>Seatbelt</string>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>1071100</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 614 posts

<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>45</string>

This is seatbelt from 10.5.6. Please read the first post in this thread it explains how to tell which version you have.

pederb

pederb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Ok, that explains it.

I will reinstall the correct version 14 later today.

Kind of confusing to use 10.5.5 on a 10.5.6 and not the 10.5.6

Cheers

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Ok, that explains it.

I will reinstall the correct version 14 later today.

Kind of confusing to use 10.5.5 on a 10.5.6 and not the 10.5.6

Cheers

Thats true, just remember that the key is your kernel version. You have 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel and so you will need to make sure that you have both System.kext and Seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 for it to work correctly. You could alternatly install a kernel whose version matches the rest of your system. 9.5.0 is the latest actual Voodoo kernel releast however there are a bunch of people who have recompiled the Voodoo Source and have produced newer versions of the kernel. For example I run Qoopz's 9.8.0 kernel based on Voodoo Source. This works great as my system is up to date, 10.5.8

Something else thats interesting is that the kernel versions are coincidentally matching with the OSX version.

OSX ----------------- Kernel Version
10.5.5 ----------------- 9.5.0
10.5.6 ----------------- 9.6.0
10.5.7 ----------------- 9.7.0

The thing that is the most confusing is that the different Seatbelt's do not carry unique version numbers. They only differ by buildnumber so its a bit more difficult to keep track of.

pederb

pederb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Too change the seatbelt.kext do I just do the same as you describe in your first post or do I need to do something different?

Cheers

Peder

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Too change the seatbelt.kext do I just do the same as you describe in your first post or do I need to do something different?

Cheers

Peder

The same with the proper Seatbelt.kext

pederb

pederb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I can't get it to change? It still shows 45? The one I downloaded does show 14 so it must be right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy