• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

n0cud06

n0cud06

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
firefox worked fine! I copied the two to the server root dir (http://69.108.218.45) see if you can mount the xtorrent dmg on your intel machine. I tried a million times on my macbook no problem what so ever.

Ps: About the graphics card should I remove one then reboot to find out which one it is or leave it alone?

thank you for your help

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 613 posts

firefox worked fine! I copied the two to the server root dir (http://69.108.218.45) see if you can mount the xtorrent dmg on your intel machine. I tried a million times on my macbook no problem what so ever.

Ps: About the graphics card should I remove one then reboot to find out which one it is or leave it alone?

thank you for your help

I wouldnt worry about the graphics drivers. If its not broke don't fix it. :)

n0cud06

n0cud06

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
weird fetch is not working either anyway it's on the server too if anyone want to try it. Thanks

Pyro2927

Pyro2927

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I have the 9.6.0 kernel and seatbelt from 10.5.6 installed, but I still get kernel panics when I try to mount any DMG or ISO.

Specs:
GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 (set to AHCI mode)
MSI Nvidia GT 8800
Intel 2.66 Core 2 Duo

Also, I get the 'mouse lags when iTunes is open' error. Any idea on how to fix either of these?

JesseGray

JesseGray

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I have the 9.6.0 kernel and seatbelt from 10.5.6 installed, but I still get kernel panics when I try to mount any DMG or ISO.

Specs:
GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 (set to AHCI mode)
MSI Nvidia GT 8800
Intel 2.66 Core 2 Duo

Also, I get the 'mouse lags when iTunes is open' error. Any idea on how to fix either of these?

Here is the fix for the mouse lag problem.
http://www.insanelym...p...2056&st=120
I am having problems with my kernel too... the clock is running too fast. Weird. I'm on voodoo 9.5.0 with an old version of seatbelt.kext.
What 9.6.0 kernel are you using?

Pyro2927

Pyro2927

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Here is the fix for the mouse lag problem.
http://www.insanelym...p...2056&st=120
I am having problems with my kernel too... the clock is running too fast. Weird. I'm on voodoo 9.5.0 with an old version of seatbelt.kext.
What 9.6.0 kernel are you using?

Thanks! That fixed the mouse issue! When I uname -a I get:
Darwin TehFatBatzOSX.local 9.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: Mon Nov 24 17:37:00 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

I updated with the 10.5.6 Combo Update, running Vanilla Kernel and PC_EFI v9.

izzysanime

izzysanime

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
OK, Im still lost.

Others haved asked with no response, but I have kernel version 9.4 (iPC). Where can I get either the latest kernel or the necessary kext. You only have the kext for versions 9.5 and 9.6. I don't have a retail version of 10.5, I do have one for 10.2 ;).

Any suggestions would be great, I have OSX86 tools to install these changes. I think i understand how to set this all up, but I cant find the files.

Thanks,
Josh

adios

adios

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi I installed leopardon my pc

Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz
Biostar TP35D2-A7
Corsair 2 Gb 667Mhz
Nvidia 8400GS 512Mb
ps/2 mouse & keyboard

using iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal DVD along default kernel and added seatbelt 10.5.5 patch
but it did crash on dmg mount
I did a uname -a I got
Darwin adityas-oem.local 9.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: Mon Nov 24 17:37:00 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

I installed the seatbelt.kext attached as

10.5.6 Seatbelt.kext * Click to Download seatbelt_1056
Size: 324 KB (316,262 bytes)
Creation Date: November 24, 2008
Version: 107.10
Build: 45
Requires 9.6.0 Kernel

Then I tried osx86tools after a fresh install of leopard to install kext still crashed
Then I tried without the seatbelt.kext during install still crashed on dmg mount. Tried installing seatbelt.kext after it does not work please help

Pyro2927

Pyro2927

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hi I installed leopardon my pc

Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz
Biostar TP35D2-A7
Corsair 2 Gb 667Mhz
Nvidia 8400GS 512Mb
ps/2 mouse & keyboard

using iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal DVD along default kernel and added seatbelt 10.5.5 patch
but it did crash on dmg mount
I did a uname -a I got

Darwin adityas-oem.local 9.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: Mon Nov 24 17:37:00 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

I installed the seatbelt.kext attached as

Then I tried osx86tools after a fresh install of leopard to install kext still crashed
Then I tried without the seatbelt.kext during install still crashed on dmg mount. Tried installing seatbelt.kext after it does not work please help

I have the same issue as you. No version of seatbelt.kext are working.

adios

adios

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have now solved the issue, I installed seatbelt.kext with kernel 9.6.0 using osx86tools
Thanks a lot to the makers

sethtc

sethtc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Anyway, in reply, when i did this on my 10.5.6 ipc install, it didn't work. followed all the steps. Still hangs on mounting simple dmgs. hangs with friendly "black screen of death"

Any suggestions??

Pyro2927

Pyro2927

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Anyway, in reply, when i did this on my 10.5.6 ipc install, it didn't work. followed all the steps. Still hangs on mounting simple dmgs. hangs with friendly "black screen of death"

Any suggestions??

I'm at the same point as you. I've tried installing the 10.5.6 seatbelt.kext many different ways. Via OSX86 Tools, manually, through kext helper. None of them work. Booted with -v -f, without it. Nothing is working.

file_bug

file_bug

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
when i do a uname -a it shows
Darwin files-optiplex-gx620.local 9.2.2 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.2: Tue Mar 4 21:17:34 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.4.31~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

i tried this fix but still can't use dmg files it crashes with the must reboot the computer

im using 10.5.6 ideneb

any help?

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Thanks it sure did the trick for my computer.

I have the GA EP45-DS3 mobo the q6600 cpu and two 7300gs pcie videocards. I run retail Leo 10.5.6 and updated to the mach_kernel, the seatbelt and system.kext from the 10.5.6 combo update. Seems it did the trick, everything works ok now (in fact it feels like the computer works better than ever before).

Download the comboupdate you want/need and pacifist + osxtools. Burn the combo dmg to a DVD and extract the stuff you need (no need to mount an image = no KP) using pacifist. Pacifist can also install the kexts if you want it to and osxtools can install the kernel.

Allways backup your stuff before changing anything.

invisiblesurfer

invisiblesurfer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Does this fix issues with mounting EXTERNAL dmg files (eg usb hard drives)? Sorry I'm a newbie but I thought that my retail hackintosh would have been patched with the latest updates by the Apple Updater when I run it a few days ago.

MishaMuc

MishaMuc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It shows me the following:

mishas-macpro31:~ misha$ mkdir /backup/Seatbelt
mishas-macpro31:~ misha$ cd /System/Library
mishas-macpro31:Library misha$ cp -r Extensions/seatbelt.kext /backup/Seatbelt/seatbelt.kext
mishas-macpro31:Library misha$ cp -r ~/Desktop/seatbelt.kext Extensions/seatbelt.kext
cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext: Permission denied
cp: /Users/misha/Desktop/seatbelt.kext: unable to copy extended attributes to Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext: Permission denied
cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents: No such file or directory
cp: /Users/misha/Desktop/seatbelt.kext/Contents: unable to copy extended attributes to Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents: No such file or directory
cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory: No such file or directory
cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements: No such file or directory
cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/CodeResources: No such file or directory
cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/CodeSignature: No such file or directory
cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory
cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory
cp: /Users/misha/Desktop/seatbelt.kext/Contents/MacOS: unable to copy extended attributes to Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory
cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/MacOS/seatbelt: No such file or directory
cp: Extensions/seatbelt.kext/seatbelt.kext/Contents/version.plist: No such file or directory

Thanks for your help :-)

Last login: Tue May 5 14:13:33 on console
mishas-macpro31:~ misha$ uname -a
Darwin mishas-macpro31 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Sat Dec 6 19:39:54 IST 2008; Voodoo; Release 1.0 :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386
mishas-macpro31:~ misha$

When i open /System/Library/Extensions/seatbelt.kext it says in version.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>14</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>107.10</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>107.10</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<string>Seatbelt</string>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>1071100</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Still i can not mount DMGs..help is appreciated :D
Attached File  photo.jpg   227.87KB   71 downloads

basseux

basseux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have kernel version 9.4 (iPC10.5.6), got kernel panic whenever mounting dmgs downloaded from safari or any other internet browser so I've installed Igetter and integrated it to safari, dmgs work just so fine. Idon't know why but it works.

kakarnuri

kakarnuri

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks a lot. Worked for me just like the first post. ;-)

SpAM_CAN

SpAM_CAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
When ever I do this tut, it says No Such Directory Found. 9.5 Kernel on iAtkos 5i 10.5.7

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 613 posts

When ever I do this tut, it says No Such Directory Found. 9.5 Kernel on iAtkos 5i 10.5.7

At what point do you get that error?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy