Intel PRO/100 VE NIC

catracho

333 posts in this topic

plus i wanted to know one more thing when i install using vanila kernel my comp crashafter install i mean impossible to see even report it just restarts momentarily . any idea why is that and also not using vanila might be a reason for intel pro 100 not working ;)i wanted to know one more thing when i install using vanila kernel my comp crashafter install i mean impossible to see even report it just restarts momentarily . any idea why is that and also not using vanila might be a reason for intel pro 100 not working ;)

CrArC,

I finally got my Leopard installation up and running... to where it was before I bricked it at least. I ended up having to manually install video drivers for my card, in order to get any sort of video on the machine. I went through the hellish process again of trying to set up my network card, and finally got it to work.

Check this out: I downloaded the same network driver as I had before, and manually added my network device id to the aforementioned info.plist (IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/), rebuilt extensions cache and rebooted with -f ... no luck.

What finally did it for me was removing (I guess it was older/defective/idk) the AppleIntel8255x.kext residing in /System/Library/Extensions. I didn't even have to reboot-- OS X alterted me that it had discovered a new network interface, added it to the list and gave me an address.

Horray! Thanks for your help..turns out that minor detail was preventing any of it from working.

Edit: Resolved, I've downloaded this package, installed it, deleted AppleIntel8255x.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext, deleted the Extensions.mkext, repaired permissions, rebooted, and prayed, it's finally working.

Thnak you :) .

Had a lot of problems with my Intel PRO/100 VE, but this is the step that made it work for me.

Thanks a lot!

PS: I'm running JaS 10.4.8

Got mine working on Asus P5LP-LE with Intel82562v (Ekron) onboard NIC.

I added device ID 0x27dc8086 to <string> line below <key>IOPCIMatch</key> in Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents

You will also have to move or rename AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

Delete Extensions.mkext, rebuilt cache, repair permissions, reboot.

Thank you very much! This is the only procedure that got my dv2222´s ethernet card working.

For anyone who has the same computer or a similar one (HP from the dv2000 series) just follow the steps from ´time ed´ . Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

BTW: I´m using 10.5.2 kalyway

don't think anyone will ever get 3945ABG working. Looks like they gave up in jan.

Pro 100ve 10928086

Tried every option here multi times and nothing works. Downloaded many fixed kexts.

Thanks crarc -f boot option does work with the 10928086 in ionetworkingfamily.

So before I go and find that boot option file and add -f to it anyone know how to force it to clear cache permanently?

don't think anyone will ever get 3945ABG working. Looks like they gave up in jan.

Pro 100ve 10928086

Tried every option here multi times and nothing works. Downloaded many fixed kexts.

Thanks crarc -f boot option does work with the 10928086 in ionetworkingfamily.

So before I go and find that boot option file and add -f to it anyone know how to force it to clear cache permanently?

I have the Intel Pro 100 / VE.

And I have the same problem. Card won't work after shutdown or sleep mode (vanilla kernel and sleep mode not work). Restart doesn't turn off the card. So where can I write to boot "-f mode" permanently?

HI i installed kalways 10.5.2 on my HP laptop my intel pro/100 ve is not getting detected, i did all the things which are being said in this forum but still cant fix can anyone help

I think it would help if people mentioned which 'version' of OS X they were using. For instance with me, kalyway's 10.5.2 originally worked quite well on my laptop (except the -f if-I-wanted-network-and-time-machine problem) and sleep would work on the original kernel quite nicely. But then when I decided my system needed windows no more and that I'd reinstall and wipe the NTFS partition for extra space, it was a no-go for me with the network for a very long time.

But since then I've switched to Leo4Allv3, again I've managed to get it to sleep (important for me with my laptop and PC) and with this version, selecting the Intel Pro/100VE driver in the installation menu made it work first time. Also in both Leo4Allv3 and iAtkos v2 10.5.2 Time Machine and network works from the get-go, at least with me. And that has been consistent results for every install.

Things to try are still, in no particular order:

- removing AppleIntel8255x.kext from System/Library/Extensions

- adding your device ID to /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/info.plist

- removing /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

- Downloading and using modified AppleIntel8255x.kext or the modified IONetworkingFamily.kext in the thread about time machine fixes.

Also, for those who (after so much agony) finally DO get their cards to work, I must really stress the usefulness of Time Machine - it will save you hours in setting up a carefully constructed working copy of OS X if you happen to brick it accidently. If you don't have multiple drives or any spare, partition your hard disk in two and sacrifice half the storage capacity for the peace of mind and saved headaches, it's totally worth it ^_^

After replacing AppleIntel8255x.kext, my laptop takes forever to reboot, I've been waiting about 10 minutes now with the loading spinner against a blank blue background.

Hi everybody!

someone can help me!

i habe a sony vaio VGN-FE28H laptop, and i installed os leopard on an external HD, its works but i habe no idea, how to install the drivers.

the webcam, audio, wirelles doesnt work. if someone knows please help me, really i dont know what to do and wich drivers i need to install.

i heve the vaio drivers but they work only on windows.

thanx.

• 2 weeks later...

tried every fixed 8255 on this posts and other posts. didnt work yes ive tried clods method and yes i replaced the modified file if it didnt work

i have emachines W3611 and 945G chipset with Card ID of PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_1094

im running JAS 10.4.8 with vista on other HD

Forget it....i inserted an old Serial Ethernet Adapter and it auto setup its awesome i also upgrade to leopard 10.5.1 no problem

if you have a serial card and insert it it should work and if you modified appleintel8255x.kext it will give an error message...to fix that, get the plain driver, insert it and repair then verify disk permisssions then reboot and use assistant and you will connect

btw i have 945G chipset

I know the most of you have your Intel PRO/100 VE NIC working by now but to those that just started tinkering with the PRO/100 VE and where directed to this forum from google or any other search engine, here are the steps I followed from the begining and worked for me, I hope it does the same for you guys

First of all, find your Product & Vendor ID number, since you're required to add it to AppleIntel8255x.kext, which is located here:

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Navigate your HD using Finder up to the folder Extensions, once you find IONetworkingFamily.kext, right-click on the file and select Show Package Contents from the context menu. Then navigate again in the new Finder window to Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext and once again right-click on it, then Show Package Contents, navigate again to Contents and finally Info.plist inside it.

Open Info.plist with a double-click and scroll down until you find this:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

below it, you'll see:

<string>0x10928086 0x10518086 0x10508086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10918086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff</string>

in my case, the product id string is 0x10928086 (1092 - Intel PRO/100 VE NIC, 8086 - Intel Manufacturer)

you can add yours to the begining of the list, as in my case, or to the end, just before "&" (without the quotes)

When done, save the Info.plist to your Desktop (you can't save it in its original location) and exit the text editor. Now drag the Info.plist from your Desktop to the Contents folder. It will ask for authentication and your user password, enter it and you're almost done.

Open up Utilities folder (Shift-⌘-U) and open Terminal and type in the following:

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

and:

sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

Open Disk Utility (again, inside Utilities folder) and Repair Disk Permissions for your drive, wait for it to finish and reboot.

Once rebooted, check in System Preferences, Network to see if it shows your ethernet card, some people have reported that up to this point some do work. If not, as in my case, do the following:

Open up Terminal again and type:

sudo -s

it will ask for your password, enter it and type the following:

nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

just below the Kernel Flags section add "-f" (without the quotes), you'll see something like this

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-f</string>

press ⌘+X,

then Y

then Enter

Reboot your computer, go to System Preferences, Network and you should see your Ethernet active.

If it happens that you see your network card but it says there is no ethernet cable plugged in, delete /System/Library/Extension.mkext and reboot your system and check again.

Good luck to everyone!

My system specs are as follows:

(Using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD)

HP Pavillion dv6256us Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5200 (1.60 GHz)

2MB L2 Cache, 1GB DDR2 RAM

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (Working)

160GB SATA HDD Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 (Working obviously B) )

Super Multi 8X DVD+-R/RW with Double Layer Support Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A (Working)

Integrated Intel/PRO 100 VE NIC (working at last!)

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (not working, please help!)

Integrated High Definition Audio by Conexant (audio buttons working, mic/headphones plugs not working)

Hi all

I tried all the methods in this thread with no results unfortunately.

I have an Intel DQ35JO mb with ICH9 and integrated Intel 82566DM-2 gigabit network card, VEN_8086 DEV_10BD.

My OSX install is Kalyway 10.5.2

Is there anybody that could make this network function or this just doesn't work for now?

Thanks

Never mind, I found the threads about 82566, I wish I didn't...

Thanks for the drivers!

after manually loading the kext and following the instructions given in the original download, i now have dual ethernet recognized by my Tyan S3098G2N-RS. Installed JaS 10.4.8 and successfully updated to 10.4.10 using an OSx86 known/tested update. Kernel 8.10.1

Tyan3098G2N-xx have no onboard audio, and the onboard graphics do not support QE/CI. USB audio codec and GeForce FX5200 to the rescue for this G3!

2.52ghz/512MB DDR333 packed into a G3!

Thank you so much !....my lan has finally works after i try this.

HP DV 2148TX

and i think this definitely the right way to solve problem related to ethernet .

I know the most of you have your Intel PRO/100 VE NIC working by now but to those that just started tinkering with the PRO/100 VE and where directed to this forum from google or any other search engine, here are the steps I followed from the begining and worked for me, I hope it does the same for you guys

First of all, find your Product & Vendor ID number, since you're required to add it to AppleIntel8255x.kext, which is located here:

Navigate your HD using Finder up to the folder Extensions, once you find IONetworkingFamily.kext, right-click on the file and select Show Package Contents from the context menu. Then navigate again in the new Finder window to Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext and once again right-click on it, then Show Package Contents, navigate again to Contents and finally Info.plist inside it.

Open Info.plist with a double-click and scroll down until you find this:

below it, you'll see:

in my case, the product id string is 0x10928086 (1092 - Intel PRO/100 VE NIC, 8086 - Intel Manufacturer)

you can add yours to the begining of the list, as in my case, or to the end, just before "&" (without the quotes)

When done, save the Info.plist to your Desktop (you can't save it in its original location) and exit the text editor. Now drag the Info.plist from your Desktop to the Contents folder. It will ask for authentication and your user password, enter it and you're almost done.

Open up Utilities folder (Shift-⌘-U) and open Terminal and type in the following:

and:

Open Disk Utility (again, inside Utilities folder) and Repair Disk Permissions for your drive, wait for it to finish and reboot.

Once rebooted, check in System Preferences, Network to see if it shows your ethernet card, some people have reported that up to this point some do work. If not, as in my case, do the following:

Open up Terminal again and type:

it will ask for your password, enter it and type the following:

just below the Kernel Flags section add "-f" (without the quotes), you'll see something like this

press ⌘+X,

then Y

then Enter

Reboot your computer, go to System Preferences, Network and you should see your Ethernet active.

If it happens that you see your network card but it says there is no ethernet cable plugged in, delete /System/Library/Extension.mkext and reboot your system and check again.

Good luck to everyone!

My system specs are as follows:

(Using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD)

HP Pavillion dv6256us Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5200 (1.60 GHz)

2MB L2 Cache, 1GB DDR2 RAM

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (Working)

160GB SATA HDD Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 (Working obviously :unsure: )

Super Multi 8X DVD+-R/RW with Double Layer Support Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A (Working)

Integrated Intel/PRO 100 VE NIC (working at last!)

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (not working, please help!)

Integrated High Definition Audio by Conexant (audio buttons working, mic/headphones plugs not working)

HI all,

I am using Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 on my Compaq Presario V6000 Laptop, I have updated the ID on the kext file and managed to install the Intel Pro/100VE using different method, using a tool provided with Kalyway, it's called Kext Helper P7, no ever mentioned d that before, it makes installation easier. Just drag and drop the kext file to install to the Kext Helper window, type in your root password in the password field, and just hit EASY INSTALL, and it will take care of the rest, just it will display a pop up message indicating that the installation was fine and to reboot.

The weired thing is that I have tried all the other installation method mentioned to get the card up and running with no success, this one works for me, it may works for others.

This post is send using Leopard on my laptop, so the card works fine.

Cheers

Hats off to iSaint!!!

IT WORKED!!! after 2 bricks, and me losing my hair, your tutorial saved the day! Thanks for taking the time to help us all out...And i only had to use the first part of your tutorial! haha, thanks so much

Hagie92

I Have an HP DV1738od and CAN'T wait for drivers for the 3945abg card!!!

UPDATE: right after, i had one kernel freak asking me to reboot my computer....but HOPEFULLY its okay now. :)

@shinemac,

@hagie92

I'm glad it worked out ok for you guys!.. I had so many problems making this work so I understand first-hand the frustration we all experienced :)

Now, if some good soul could fix our problem with the 3945abg card we'd all be sooo grateful :blink:

I just happened to notice the same problem as Hussain0 with my USB: AppleUSBUHCI, it can detect any new device as long as I boot with them connected. anyone know a fix for this?

Cheers

I did all the instructions which being posted in this forum, but my ethernet still can't working.

I installed kalyway 10.5.2 on my Toshiba A105-S4284 laptop.

Please help me guys........

Hello all.

I have a notebook HP Pavillion dv6000 series (dv6263us) with Intel PRO/100 VE.

I tried all methods here and I got no result.

The best tutorial is from iSaint and after this, the only thing the make my card works was to remove the AppleIntel8255x.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

I mean, I followed iSaint tutorial and MacOSX still don't recognize, after removing the folder AppleInte8255x.kext from /System/Library/Extensions (removing Extensions.mkext, rebuilding permissions, rebooting with -f) the card appeared in the Network window.

I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.3 and everything is working now, but no wireless of course (intel 3945abg).

thank you all the came here and tried help us!

Thank Caladan1810,

I am using Compaq V3180TU and my Intel Pro 100/ VE works.

I show package your kext, than added 0x10928086 in Info.plist and follow your command line.

Although my ethernet detected as Airport.