1. Extract the files. Open Terminal.

2. sudo -s

3. cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

4. mv AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext 8254X.orig

5. rm -Rv AppleIntel8255x.kext

6. cd back to extracted files

7. chown -R root:wheel AppleIntel8255x.kext

8. chmod -R 755 AppleIntel8255x.kext

9. cp -R AppleIntel8255x.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

10. open Network Panel in System Preferences. The NIC should be there. If not:

11. cd /System/Library/

12. rm -Rv Extensions.mkext

13. diskutil repairPermissions /

14. reboot

That should do it....NIC should be in the Network panel when the desktop returns.

i tried everything what is write in this topic but not any success.

but i have a strange situation

after replacing the kext file i have buid in ethernet enabled but instead of my lan cand (intel pro /100 ve i have my wireless card (intel 2200 bg) witch is working fine.

anyway any help with my wire card would be appreciated.

anyway ... how can i find my device id in mac os x?

becouse i deleted windows

thanks in advance

This is instruction for everyone, witch have a problem with Intel PRO/100 VE NIC.

Installing IONetworkingFamily.kext with ID's from my ethernet card - 0x10398086 nothing changed...

but I'm seeing, when I'm on 800x600 of resolution (reboot computer) my LAN WORKING!!! But, when I'm changing my resolution to 1024x768 and reboot computer LAN DOESN'T WORKING!!! So, witch you can see, probably, there is allready one way - if you want, to LAN connection working:

-Change your resolution to 800x600 (on System preference -> Displays)

-Reboot your computer

-*when computer allready started, you will be on 800x600*

-Then you must change your resolution to 1024x768 (on System preference -> Displays)

-Now you can start working on your Hackint0sh

-When you ending working on computer, only you must to do, is turn back to 800x600 resolution (on System preference -> Displays) and Shout down your computer

Use this instruction any time, when you want to have LAN:

-Start your Leopard

-Change your resolution to 1024x768

-Have fun :(

-Turn back to 800x600

-Shout down.

That's all you have to do!

Yo!

hi!! im a newbie here n im stuck on fixing my LAN connection on OS 10.5.2 intel motherboard D946GZIS that has a LAN subsystem using the Intel® 82562G Platform LAN Connect (PLC) device... i tried it all but doesn't seem to work!!! Please help!!

Hi Joshua,

Go to My Computer... Then right click and choose Properties.

Then select Hardware Tab... Device Manager

Collpase the tree and display the Network Adapaters, you should have one listed as Intel ® PRO/100 VE Network Connection

right click on this entry and select properties then go to the 'Details Tab' you should have it listed by Device Instance Id

it will display the following or something similar: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1031&SUBSYS_004E0E11&REV_42\4&139E449D&0&40F0

To get the Intel ® PRO/100 VE Network Adapter, working in Mac OS X. You will need the AppleIntel8255x.kext.

which is posted in this forum at post #10. I have it zipped along with installation instructions.

The AppleIntel8255x.kext allows me to use my Intel Pro/100 VE Network Adapter, which is running the

82557 Chipset.

If it doesn't work for you, usual disclaimers apply! Don't Blame me for trying! Let me know your progress. ;)

mine Device Instance Id is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&SUBSYS_30B2103C&REV_02\4&1753FBD&0&40F0

can u plz guide me what to do with this

Hi, I am struggling a little with my network card. It says cable unplugged but about 1 in 10 times I can still use Safari to surf the net! If I boot with Knoppix CD I get the following info on the network card.

(I have cut out some of the other bits and bobs)

intel 82573l gigabit

pro / wireless 3945abg

Does anyone know how to fix this? Will the AppleIntel zip file earlier in this post work at all? This is the only think not working on my laptop (Toshiba M5) and don't want to ruin the build just for the network card which I can do without if I have to!

I understood that the network card is Intel Pro/100????? I would appreciate any help on this. I am using kalyway 10.5.2 build.

Many thanks.

Ben

I'm trying this kext out on Kalyway 10.5.2 and I've run into continuous problems. I follow the instructions to the letter and seem to hit a dead end when the system spits out:

"System extension cannot be used

The system extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel8255.kext" was intalled improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

If I *dont* modify the kext, it seems to install fine, but since my hardware ID is 0x10928086 (not in the list, needs adding) nothing will turn up in the networking panel!!!

Hey man... try this sh*t ;]

This is instruction for everyone, witch have a problem with Intel PRO/100 VE NIC.

Installing IONetworkingFamily.kext with ID's from my ethernet card - 0x10398086 nothing changed...

but I'm seeing, when I'm on 800x600 of resolution (reboot computer) my LAN WORKING!!! But, when I'm changing my resolution to 1024x768 and reboot computer LAN DOESN'T WORKING!!! So, witch you can see, probably, there is allready one way - if you want, to LAN connection working:

-Change your resolution to 800x600 (on System preference -> Displays)

-Reboot your computer

-*when computer allready started, you will be on 800x600*

-Then you must change your resolution to 1024x768 (on System preference -> Displays)

-Now you can start working on your Hackint0sh

-When you ending working on computer, only you must to do, is turn back to 800x600 resolution (on System preference -> Displays) and Shout down your computer

Use this instruction any time, when you want to have LAN:

-Start your Leopard

-Change your resolution to 1024x768

-Have fun :(

-Turn back to 800x600

-Shout down.

That's all you have to do!

Yo!

PS: Sorry with my english...

Yeah I gave that a whirl; didn't do anything except cause it to boot back in funny colors (oddly not a low bit depth; only backgrounds and some GUI bits looked 8-bit, the rest was fine...).

Oddly, since this morning the machine has crashed a few times, rebooted oddly, magically released about 26gigs of disk space without losing any data (?) and has just rebooted now, to work perfectly, with full ethernet detection and support.

What the hell? I'd never know macs could fix themselves by crashing :D and not only that but wind up working even better than before!

CrArC, sounds like the system cache was finally cleared. That 26 GB must have been system cache which had your old, bad settings. On a real Mac computer it is common for the cache to get large and the machine to need a reboot every once and a while to clear out. If the Hackintosh was not clearing things correctly on reboot it may have taken the crash to get it cleared out good.

I just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell e510 and are running into a couple issues:

My network card is identified (in Windows) as:

Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection

\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_01Ab1028&REV_01\4&5855BE9&0&40F0

I used DPCIManager on OS X, which identifies the card as:

8086-27dc - 82801G (ICH7 Family) LAN Controller

After inserting "0x27dc8086" to the aforementioned Info.plist file, the Networking System Preferences Applet does not display a "Built-In Ethernet" tab; it only displays Firewire.

Any suggestions? I'm using the AppleIntel8255x.kext driver, and I've followed all the above instructions but to no avail. Any help at all would be appreciated.

I gave up on using the AppleIntel8255x.kext on my 10.5.2 install.

Instead, try adding the value to the AppleIntel8255x.kext under the IONetworkingFamily.kext - that seemed to work for me, once I rebooted with the -f switch.

I had added the value to Info.plist located in /System/Library/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents before posting my message... but not to the Info.plist in /System/Library/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents

I don't know if that makes a difference. Haven't tried booting with the -f flag; that'll be next.

Is there anything else I can do? (Thanks so far)

/System/Library/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents is the right place to put it if you're doing it that way, I assume you added the value to the list of device IDs in the plist rather than just anywhere in the plist itself. Putting it under the IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents plist will do nothing, or brick it, I'm not sure :wacko:

I also recommend trying the -f boot switch in case you're having the same problem as I am (where I have to boot with -f every time) for you though it might be enough to get it to work permanently. Also:

- remove AppleIntel8255x.kext from the /System/Library/Extensions folder if it exists

- OR add your device ID to it instead

- remove /System/Library/Extensions.mkext (kextcache)

- boot with -f to rebuild cache and reload it all

Let me know if it works, and if it does try rebooting and seeing if it STILL works :wacko:

i have tried all that has been said to configure a intel pro 100 /ve

from How to forum to this and all topics...

but cant get it to work -_- ...

method 1. used was editing info.plist with 0x27dc8086 n all cleared cache did repair but nothing seemed to happen -_-

method 2. used was downloading the AppleIntel8255x.kext and following the instruction it ended with following error -_-

after typing this command interminal ..

sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel8255x.kext

i get error saying that cant load kext missing dependecies or something alike..

my hardware is Intel 945 GNT (ICH7)

I have used Leo4all v3 to install ...

Perntium D 930

1.5GB ram 667

1.SATA HDD 80GB

2.SATA HDD 160 GB

please guide me ! if someone with similer hardware and similer version of x86osx has got it working ... -_-

Prashant,

Are you sure that's the correct devid string? ;) You don't seem to know your card model (Intel Ethernet 825..). That should be your first step, then find out your devid. If you're missing dependencies, find out which kexts are declared as missing and install/replace them.

Step 1.I follwed steps i have attached screenshot of terminal. Snapshot 2008-05-16 03-23-34.tif

kext used was the one below.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...mp;id=2319(this is the link to my kext version used to perform the steps. in terminal)

AppleIntel8255x.kext (its name)

Step 2. rebooted.

Found this i mean nothing worked can somehelp me .. am i using wrong DEV ID or something. my controler is Intel pro 100 /ve DEV ID or PC ID is 0x27dc8086

ICH7 family of 27dc 8086 google it and found DEV ID 82801 G Please tell if am doing something wrong.

Snapshot_2008_05_16_03_23_34.tiff

Snapshot_2008_05_16_03_26_45.tiff

Snapshot_2008_05_16_03_27_07.tiff

Actually, I made a big mistake. I ended up installing some odd drivers (as a recommendation by an earlier poster) resulting in ruining my osx86 installation. I decided to start from scratch and reinstall everything, but for some reason don't have working video drivers. Why repeating the same install process yields two different results is beyond me, but I'm unable to give you a copy of the info.plist right now.

I need a bit of time to figure out why I can't see things (on a different forum of course) and I'll get the file contents to you as soon as possible. Thanks a lot for everything so far.