• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

bt_ll

bt_ll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried the same on my 10.4.9 system with the same result. it is not recognised. I have to go back to my measly Realtek again.

I am trying to do this for the Intel PRO/1000GT

devid is 107c
vendor = 8086.
82541 chipset

So I added 0x107c80856 to the AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext, Info.plist file,
no such luck still.

Did all repair permissions steps as above and many reboots.

Has anyone here gotten this to work?

whocares

whocares

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Hi Everyone

here is the AppleIntel8255x.kext you will need. I have it zipped along with installation instructions.

The AppleIntel8255x.kext now allows me to use my Intel Pro/100 VE NIC which is running the
82557 Chipset.

If it doesn't work for you usual disclaimers apply! Don't Blame me for trying!

I do hope it helps.

This worked perfect for my Intel D915GAG motherboard. Thanks!

Fravin

Fravin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Thanks Caladan!

It have worked for me, but I've aded the Device string on the info.plist first.

Then, everything has worked as suposed to be!

Thanks!

bluedevilsnare

bluedevilsnare

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH CALADAN1810!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Toshiba A40 laptop is now online via my Intel Pro/100 VE

You are a Godsend!

MAC IN TOSH

MAC IN TOSH

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Hi EVERYONE,
I have INTEL PRO/100 VE and installed MAC O X 10.4.8. whenever I take a lokk on System Prefrences->Network, Built-in-ethernet is gray. Is there any way to be connected MAC OS X 10.4.8?
I have following configuration:
Motherboar: Intel D945PLRN
Chipset: i945P/PL/G/GZ
What should I do??

Siro

Siro

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I have also tried all the fixes available here on the forums but to no avail the built in ethernet is still disabled! I am using mac os x 10.4.8 and I have the following configuration:

Mainboard:Intel D946GZIS
Chipset Intel 946GZ Express Chipset

I have downloaded the file in this very thread and tried nearly everything else as well but nothing works any comment will be highly welcomed!

jviner

jviner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm a newbie but I had the same experience. Upgraded from 10.4.6 to 4.8 with jas updates and Intel PRO/100 VE worked fine. I wanted to update the kernel, so booted off of a full jas 10.4.8 DVD, everything went well, except I lost the LAN. If anyone comes up with a fix, please post.

Jim

PS I am glad this sight is available for playas like myself who are learning!

update: i d/l'ed the ionetworkingfamily.kext.zip file and used the directions inside the archive and go it to work! Now for Conexant audio....

mauro19

mauro19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Hi Everyone

here is the AppleIntel8255x.kext you will need. I have it zipped along with installation instructions.

Hi Caladan1810

Thank you. It worked great!
Using an Intel 845GVFN board with JaS 10.4.8
Reported on Windows (Not anymore :thumbsup_anim: ) 0x10398086

lzell

lzell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
The kext provided by caladan worked perfectly for the 82562EZ controller as well, w/ Dev ID 1050

vw06gti

vw06gti

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having a problem i hope someone could shed light on, i have JAS 10.4.9

i can copy the file to /System/Library/Extensions

and then I can do both these steps sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel8255x.kext [authenticated again]

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel8255x.kext

But here where the problem comes in when I do this command

sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel8255x.kext [manually load kext]

I am getting this error

"Can't add kernel extention /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel8255x.kext ( not a bundle) (run kextloadon this kext with -t for diagonstic output)"

tried recopying the AppleIntel8255x.kext over a few times and still same error.

rajindia

rajindia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Get From Here

http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=13054

jaycard

jaycard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
OK people.. see if you can figure this one out. lol

I have 3 dvd's Jas 10.4.8, Uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 rev 1.3 (4gig dvd), and a Uphuck 10.4.9 rev 1.4 (which is only a littl over 1.4 gigs)

My system is a Pentium D805 CPU, Motherboard: Intel D945GCCRL with Intel video GMA950 & LAN Intel 10/100 pro ve

I installed using the first 2 dvd's and could not get the built in network working. I tried all the above solutions and nothing. Device id for my lan is 1094 8086 by the way..

Finally out of last hope I reinstalled the system using the rev 1.4 DVD which again is about 1.4 gigs and I used a Belkin ethernet card i had lying around. It picked up a "built in" ethernet but actually the one which worked was the installed belkin pci ethernet card. I even disababled the lan in the bios and the mac os still works with the Belkin card.

I installed with only the intel 10/100 drivers selected.. nothing else. But in the end the Belkin worked.

weird uh? But its all part of the fun of experimenting with a new os i guess :lol:

One last question.. Is it normal for the OSX to install in under 12 minutes? I know theres heat and comments about the Pentium D805 being slow or outdated.. But this thing is fast.

liger max

liger max

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
wow caladan1810 I gotta say you're a godsend genius :P

I don't know how you did it but I did everything with the vendor, card id, repair permission and everything I found from the forum but I couldn't get my ethernet to work.

...But then I found your zip file and I drag everything to the folder and copy all the scripts that you have in that zip file.... And now, I'm online typing all these lines :) Thank you and thank you so much caladan1810.

here's my ethernet card 411:
Intel Pro /100 VE from sony laptop PCG-V505EX
Card ID is: 103D
Card Vendor ID: 8086

and Caladan1810 zip file works great for me. Thanks

ega

ega

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks Caladan1810.

It worked for me. I only added my card in the Info.plist

JAS 10.4.8
Toshiba Satellite A100/999: Intel /100 VE (card id: 1092 vendor id: 8086)

Andy Depi

Andy Depi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Please help me!

My instance id
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1064&SUBSYS_80F81043&REV_03\4&23C0B1C&0&40F0

I followed your guide to add the 0x10648086, and the Built-in Ethernet appears in the System Preferences but it is disabled. Only the Serial Port is selectable. What should I do?

SpudDogg

SpudDogg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks cloudy!!! Lucky for me, my device ID is the same as yours. Thanks again for the help!

radzar

radzar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi Everyone

The AppleIntel8255x.kext now allows me to use my Intel Pro/100 VE NIC which is running the
82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

Thanks Brother it worked THANKS A LOT

franksxf

franksxf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hi Everyone

82557 Chipset.

I do hope it helps.

Thanks man! you are the god for me today! After almost 2 years after this post, I still saved by you!

Bill Best

Bill Best

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I tried this on my Gateway mx8734 using Leopard 10.5.1 and it didn't work. :thumbsdown_anim:

macfan45

macfan45

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Get From Here

http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=13054

You are a Genious. I am running 10.5.1 via Kalaway install dvd on a Gateway GT5012 and it worked perfectly. The first kext and other method did not work for me at all. This one worked perfectly fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy