• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Lapenskie

Lapenskie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

OK i should have been more clear - using the suppiled kext, and using kext help and force -f -v on startup yeilds no sound, now on the voodoo software I was able to build one and it works after using the load command, my question is WHERE does that built KEXT go? i can not find it - after its built, so where do i find it so I can use kext helper to put it in the xtension folder?

I didn't use any commands during startup. I just inserted the kext package into the extensions folder after removing all other audio codecs.

I ran it in verbose mode though for the first run, and watched voodoohda pick up my alc663 codec and all open audio jacks including speakers.

What computer do you have?

Jason T

Jason T

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey Lapenskie,

I have the same PC as you. I cannot get VodooHDA working. I get "Couldn't alloc class VoodooHDADevice", "Can't determine immediate dependencies...", "error: couldn't open PCI device" when starting up. Any ideas? Do I need any other kexts or just the VoodooHDA.kext?

EDIT: Nevermind! I used VoodooHDA 0.2.2 and it works great. Thanks for the help!

I didn't use any commands during startup. I just inserted the kext package into the extensions folder after removing all other audio codecs.

I ran it in verbose mode though for the first run, and watched voodoohda pick up my alc663 codec and all open audio jacks including speakers.

What computer do you have?

cuuler

cuuler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
has anyone gotten the subwoofer work with the Voodoo?
everything seems to work except the sub..

Toasted Logic

Toasted Logic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

has anyone gotten the subwoofer work with the Voodoo?
everything seems to work except the sub..

Same issue here... sound is sooooo tinny. It's no worse than using the Azalia driver I guess. But I booted into windows the other day and I was amazed by how good these little speakers can sound when utilized properly... I miss having bass lol

amtech

amtech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Audio / GraphX / Video
hi all

i downloaded and installed for ALC 663 on ASUS N50VC the Woodoo Driver at
Woodoo Drivers .

i make a new install with ideneb 1.4 (os x 10.5.6) with update ideneb 10.5.7 and after i ve installed
the woodoo drivers and after a reboot i get sounds :)

works with logic pro 8.0.2 but a small bug with waveburner can't initialized driver...

the output sound on internal speaker is low... i modify prefane woodoo but nothing change :(

German89

German89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ummm totaly lost im new at this and i can some one explain waht all this codex and all hat is and how you install them please..

Stone-D

Stone-D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Anyone have a DSDT injection for this yet?

bigbang29

bigbang29

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Anyone have a DSDT injection for this yet?

I'm looking for one too ...

I got my sound working (ALC 663) on an asus laptop m70vn with VoodooHDA from 2.2 to 2.7.2.

The only problem is that my subwoofer doesn't work.

Everything work quite well (4 output and 1 input microphone near webcam) even if I put it in deep sleep (not with all version)...

Can someone help me to have my subwoofer working ?

Did someone already got subwoofer from a laptop working ?

Thanks ...

madwh

madwh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Does anyone have any idea how to turn off the damn mic? It's making me nuts, it plays through the speakers everything it "hears", super annoying especially if I try to listen to music with earbuds, horrible noises.

Mustang Sally

Mustang Sally

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Does anyone have any idea how to turn off the damn mic? It's making me nuts, it plays through the speakers everything it "hears", super annoying especially if I try to listen to music with earbuds, horrible noises.

did the same for my asus m50vm with 10.66 64 at boot up only (loud squeal through speakers), only version that works perfect for me is 2.56

madwh

madwh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
In my case I was just being stupid, I didn't spend enough time in system preferences in voodoohda pref pane, all I had to do was slide the monitor button to the left for microhphone but I have to do it every time I boot into os x.

Mustang Sally

Mustang Sally

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

In my case I was just being stupid, I didn't spend enough time in system preferences in voodoohda pref pane, all I had to do was slide the monitor button to the left for microhphone but I have to do it every time I boot into os x.

i've read something on a voodoohda helper that supposed to fix that. try a search for that (i din't need it for voodoohda 2.56)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy