Final solution (FIX) for GMA950 Desktop edition - NEW 28 DEC 08

Dr. Hurt

486 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Does anyone know if this will work with my Dell Optiplex GX620? I'm not wanting to try anything yet until I can be sure that it will all work, because I have already got my hackintosh setup the way i want with everything else, with all my stuff on it etc., so if this fails, I don't want to have to reinstall again.

So if anyone could shed any light on my hack's intel gma 950 (2770), please let me know.

Refer to my sig for specs.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I have Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L. I installed snow leopard 10.6.3 with latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] & [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and updated to 10.6.7combo. Everything seem to work out of box except onboard graphic. Will the GMA950 v3 or v4.2 work with 8086:29C2? or should i use Intel_945_gntlkr. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

I patched a dsdt.aml file to be placed under /Extra to fix graphics problem for the Dell Latitude D520. It supports ethernet, bluetooth, pcmcia slot (I tried a firewire card) and audio (Voodoo driver). I hope this can help someone.

Regards

Tech

dsdt.zip

• 2 months later...

I try to do a "personal" DSTD with Patch, I'm stuck at step 9 at part 1 "Find "Scope (_SI)" ". TextEdit find nothing -__-. What I'm supposer to do?

Specs:

HP Compaq DC7600 CMT

Intel GMA 950

• 2 weeks later...

for those who having problem finding the "Scope (_SI)" string:

copypaste the first part somewhere into the definition block. you can paste into the beginning of the block

like:

* Compiler ID "INTL"

* Compiler Version 0x20080926 (537397542)

*/

DefinitionBlock ("/DSDT.aml", "DSDT", 1, "A0798", "A0798000", 0x00000000)

{

paste here

Scope (_PR)

{

Processor (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06)

{

paste the second part aftrt the "Device (PCI0)" string like:

Device (PCI0)

{

Device (PEGP)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)

Device (GFX0)

on 10.6.8 it's perfect but

has anyone managed the 64 bit GMA 950 kexts to work? 10.6.2 contains 64 bit kexts as Dr. Hunt wrote in update 10 but even if i use with the patched dsdt it doesn't work.

the strange thing that not even the 32 bit version working anymore (with 10.6.2 kexts). framebuffer and gma950 kexts loaded and display recognized. no translucency and no youtube videos (sound only) and slow refresh at fullscreen other videos.

:wacko:

let's help me!

• 1 year later...

Dr Hurt,

I tried your recomendations, but no succes for me.

I have Dell 6400 Inspiron, Gma950

Sound, Wifi, screen 1280x800 working but QE not working

Would you examine my DSDT and patch this file for me?

Or anybody who has sugestions?

• 4 months later...

Hi, I ended up extracting my own dsdt.aml from linux, and then using a similar iasl compiler to patch it for osx. When I converted my dsdt.aml to dsdt.dsl, however, there was no Scope (_SI) in the entire .dsl file. Does that mean it won't be compatible with my motherboard?

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.19 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: ######.tonymacx86.com

SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Serial Number (system): G88451235J4

Hardware UUID: AB627427-C53C-5CB6-B155-876B89EFAFAB

Chipset Model: Unknown

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x29c2

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

dsdt aml and dsl file.zip

• 2 years later...

Ah, good old days :D

I feel old now!!!

Hey! Can I ask you a few questions re this?

I've got an old sony vaio running 10.6.7 (for a specific purpose) but can't seem to get the gma950 graphics working properly.

I've tried your method but the dsdt edits don't correspond and I tried various places to insert the code but keep getting compiler edits.

Can I please ask for your help on this?

Hey! Can I ask you a few questions re this?

I've got an old sony vaio running 10.6.7 (for a specific purpose) but can't seem to get the gma950 graphics working properly.

I've tried your method but the dsdt edits don't correspond and I tried various places to insert the code but keep getting compiler edits.

Can I please ask for your help on this?

If I remember correctly, mobile GMA950 worked OOB. This fix was only needed for the desktop version.

Anyway, DSDT edits are no longer needed since both Clover and Chameleon do the required injection.

Revert any patches you made to the DSDT and use Clovers graphics injection. Also, make sure that your kexts are untouched.