10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

some updated app version numbers if interested in checking (I'm checking cuz not sure my update worked..)

safari: 3.2.1

finder: 10.5.8

mail: 3.5 (930.3) {on my laptop it's 930.3, on my hackintosh it's 930.3/929.2...any ideas???}

address book: 4.1.1 (699)

ical: 3.0.6 (1273)

Did the same to me on my test machine I am just going to download the combo update for 10.5.6 and apply it to the install you may want to try the same, then it is time to clone my main machine to its backup drive and try it.

http://support.apple.com/downloads

yeah..good idea.

on another note... I lost sound on my Asus P5K-deluxe

If you aren't sure whether your upgrade worked, I'd delete the receipt from /Library/Receipts and download / install again

-u

EDIT: Oh, wait, there actually isn't any receipt for OS upgrades. Maybe you can still re-apply the upgrade though (download, navigate into upgrade disk image, find the mpkg and start with "open xxx.mpkg" where xxx is the name of the package).

I'm using Vista bootloader to reach the second SATA disk where I have Darwin.

In the 1st partition I have Kalyway 10.5.2 which boots fine but when I try to boot the 2nd partition (Leopard 10.5.6 with vanilla kernel) I'm having "Still waiting for root device" message.

I have an Asus P5K SE/EPU

Tried it on an iDeneb 1.3 install with vanilla kernel and NO other extra patches (At least to my knowledge). Installation kernel panicked at 13%. I'm restoring from Time machine backup now :P

Hardware: Intel Quad Core, Asus p5B Plus, Nvidia 8800 GTS ...

The iDeneb 10.5.5 installed with zero tweaks so i expected this to just work... kinda sad :P

hmm...having some lock ups after a few seconds... like mouse and windows hanging?

First i thought it was because of IOATAFamily, i was using a other version to prevent the IOKit waits...

But still having the problem.

..still having same issues - seems that overall video performance went down, mouse and windows are hanging time to time :(

Anyone else experiencing same problems ?

I did it froze up when it rebooted at the IntelCPUManagement initialized then nothing further on my test machine gonna try it on my external drive with my main machine now..

You probably didn't have any intelcpumanagement kext because you deleted it? Netkas warns that you need to install one before the update. Read:

http://netkas.org/?p=78

I replaced my /boot file with the patched Chameleon one and then added the dsdt.aml file to my root and then installed the 10.5.6 update. Everything went smoothly, and I rebooted but the system hung on the MacOS splash screen (or maybe I didn't wait long enough). I rebooted manually and it booted fine, though it does seem to take longer to boot my system after the update than it did using 10.5.5.

I had to reinstall my audio kexts (ALC888) but everything else seems to be working fine. I think the update broke my restart, though. Hopefully I can find a fix for that soon.

Hi!

I was on pc_efi v8, vanilla kernel and vanilla kexts (plus natit and dsmos) since few months ago with no problems at all.

Now, using the Universal OSx86 Installer by pcwiz, i've installed pc_efi v9 chameleon, and moved my patched DSDT file to the root directory.

I rebooted and everything seems to work fine, so, may I update to .5.6?

Thank you!

Hey guys.

So I'm by no means an expert at all the behind the scenes hackintosh stuff (ie PC-EFI stuff). I installed OSX via the Kalyway 10.5.1 disk and have updated through 10.5.2, 10.5.3, 10.5.4, and 10.5.5 with just the same method that Netkas had where to download the combo updater and to run the script to remove appleintelcpu kext as it installs and have had no problem whatsoever. So from what I take reading this thread, that way won't work anymore? Am I correct in saying that? What has changed in 10.5.6 that I can't do the method i have been doing and I now need to update my PC-EFI? Any info would be great. Thanks guys!

Eric

You probably didn't have any intelcpumanagement kext because you deleted it? Netkas warns that you need to install one before the update. Read:

http://netkas.org/?p=78

It was already running with the 10C hotter temperatures on my cores on this install I am cloning now I have none so that is the first thing I will install then reboot to ensure loading.

I think the update broke my restart, though. Hopefully I can find a fix for that soon.

Try the attached ACPIPlatform attached or get the open halt restart .kext from the Psystar website.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip