[Guide]Intel D945GCLF2 10.5.x Retail Installation

iSynapse

447 posts in this topic

Anyone doing an EFI boot partition + extensions, with a perfectly vanilla leopard extension folder?

I did, if you are still interesting. Munky's method with CHAMELEON 2 RC1 with some kext's from header pack living inside /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions. 10.5.7 atm.

WBR

I did, if you are still interesting. Munky's method with CHAMELEON 2 RC1 with some kext's from header pack living inside /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions. 10.5.7 atm.

WBR

Interested to see a write up on that... whichy extensions where etc and whether everything (inc Sleep, Shutdown, Standby all that sorta thing) works properly?

I'd also be interested to see experience of the new iAtkos V7 10.5.7 distro on the D945GCLF2

I'm guessing all you need to select on that is

iAtkos v7 Main System

Bootloader - personal preference?

X86 Patches - DSDT

X86 Patches - Decrypters - AppleDecrypt

X86 Patches - Disabler

VGA - Intel - GMA 950 Desktop

Wired Ethernet - Realtek R1000

Interested to see a write up on that... whichy extensions where etc and whether everything (inc Sleep, Shutdown, Standby all that sorta thing) works properly?

I'd also be interested to see experience of the new iAtkos V7 10.5.7 distro on the D945GCLF2

I'm guessing all you need to select on that is

iAtkos v7 Main System

Bootloader - personal preference?

X86 Patches - DSDT

X86 Patches - Decrypters - AppleDecrypt

X86 Patches - Disabler

VGA - Intel - GMA 950 Desktop

Wired Ethernet - Realtek R1000

ok. timeout.

try booting from a grub-dfe.iso disk. I believe it has a PS2nub driver in it to get your keyboard going. From there U can create the account and install Chameleon or a PS2 patch. I don't know if that will work but U can give it a try.

Khan

Thanks it was that plugin file. I am installing 10.5.6 updated now. I know what not to install this time :angel:

+1 from me - fixed my problem with the video as well.

Now I just have to stop my hackintosh from freezing/not responding when it goes to sleep!

Managed to get most things working now! :)

Only thing that I can't get working properly is Hyper Threading after updating to 10.5.7 :(

Gotta believe there is a problem with the 10.5.7 Apple Kernel (Darwin 9.7.0), because I decompiled the DSDT from a friends Mac Pro (10.5.7 & hyperthreading) and the processor call out section is similar. Plus, hyperthreading with the SIngle Core D945GCLF board seems OK. Hence, there seems a issue with the Atom 330 and the Darwin 9.7.0 kernel. In my case, I backed off to Darwin 9.6.0 kernel on a 10.5.7 box to allow me to turn hyperthreading back on. I'm guessing you could also go with a Voodoo Kernel.

Again, thanks to Onetrack for a DSDT that truely allows for a no kext video with this board, works great.

Ted

Anyone heard from blue screen freeze problems with VGA splitters?

It works perfectly when only the screen is connected - if the splitter is used osx hangs before showing the cursor/gui with a blue screen.

My friend has that when using the DSDT :/

With that screen.. are you seeing the mouse at all? at that point the mouse will be black and normally shows up in the top corner.

i have more or less the same issue, though the blue screen comes up rather quickly. i'm using the content of the package.

i already tried switching the video settings in the mobo's bios (dvmt, fixed, 64mb, 128mb). i only have a beamer attached to the vga output (no s-video conneced).

doesn't seem to hang though, since when i hit enter the optical drive begins to read again. but - no install sreen.

does anyone have an idea what else i could try? btw: i see no mouse cursor.

i'd really like o get this going, since it seems like a very clean way to me.

btw: guess i found a very nice usb memory "stick" which might even be suitable for laptop/netbook users:

it's called the 'delock nano'. http://tinyurl.com/delockmini

Hello guys...i don`t know if someone allready did a retail installation guide for the mini Intel D945GCLF2 so i`ve made one with all the kext and steps to install a perfect Mac OS X on it.

You will find everything you need to perform the installation at the link below.

Motherboard description:

Processor: Integrated dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor 330 with a 533 MHz system bus (Recognized in 10.5.5 as 2 x 4 GHz Unknown ) :unsure:

Memory: One 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets. Support for DDR2 533/667 MHz DIMMs. Support for up to 2 GBΣ of system memory (seen as they realy are)

Chipset: Intel® 945GC Express Chipset and Intel® I/O Controller Hub 7 (ICH7)

Audio: Realtek* ALC662 audio codec (5.1 channel HD audio) (For the moment I didn`t found any kext that would work with this sound card. All kext found for this model worked without sound. ATM I`m using Azalia. If someone has a working driver for ALC662 for D945GCLF2 please post it here) :P

Video: Intel® GMA950 2772 & S-video output support (Works OOB with 1024x748 but works better with the drivers from the package. QE/CI Supported, Resolution change also) :(

LAN Support: 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN subsystem using the Realtek* LAN adapter device (Works OOB)

Sleep and Resume working without problems.

download_large.gif

Contains the driver pack v2.5 + tools

HI you should try the voodoo sound I have full working sound and mic!! I got the sound from the Iatkos v7 But I'm sure you can find the install package on this site somewhere , to use for this retail install.

First I want to thank all of you. Although I don't understand everything on this site. I now have a D945GCLF2 based Hackintosh with just about everything working.

My only remaining problem is getting my firewire iSight camera to work. I picked up a PCI Firewire card and installed it in the one slot. Mac OS X recognizes the card, recognizes the camera and even starts iChat with it listed as available. As soon as I start to use it, it gives me a spinning beach-ball then iChat crashes. The camera works fine in my old G4 tower.

Photobooth also will not work, but it says my processor isn't powerful enough (it should be, but is not recognized)

A search reveals a couple of others with similar problems but no solutions listed. I have no programming experience, good Mac OS and Windows experience, but this is my first attempt at a Hackintosh.

Thanks for the help.

I just found out I'm having DVD playback problems as well. Something is wrong with the GMA950 drivers. Apple's DVD player gives me "A valid video device could not be found for playback" error.

OK, I found a temporary solution to both problems. Reverting to a 10.5.6 video driver compatible with the Natit kext worked. I now have DVD playback and Firewire video. 10.5.7 doesn't like the video drivers in your pack. The only problem is it looks like I'm running 10.5.6, but that's ok.

Thanks for this great site.

Ian

i have more or less the same issue, though the blue screen comes up rather quickly. i'm using the content of the package.

i already tried switching the video settings in the mobo's bios (dvmt, fixed, 64mb, 128mb). i only have a beamer attached to the vga output (no s-video conneced).

doesn't seem to hang though, since when i hit enter the optical drive begins to read again. but - no install sreen.

does anyone have an idea what else i could try? btw: i see no mouse cursor.

i'd really like o get this going, since it seems like a very clean way to me.

i think you and my friend have the same problem.

it seems that OS-X doesnt fully boot into the gui if no proper monitor id is detected - try to connect it directly to a normal monitor and see what happens.

maybe disabling DDC would work, but i dont have a spare vga cable to try it out :rolleyes:

Thank you for this excellent guide. I now have a working hackintosh with the same hardware as most are using here. Sound and sleep seem to be working fine. Bought a bluetooth dongle today and now my old powerbooks Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse are working fine, just had to pair them and it worked straight away.

Three problems I wonder if anyone can help me with. I am in no way capable of doing most of this stuff on my own and that's why this guide was so good. I simply use pc's and don't study there innards, so technically I am of no use.

Problem #1: Time Machine, how do I get this working. I tried what users have said in this forum but twice now I have had to reinstall everything from scratch as the system will not boot again. Anyone got a step by step guide on how to get this working so I can continue backing up my important files and photo's. This is very important to me.

Problem #2: Is there anyway to get virtualbox to run on this machine or is it simply not possible to hardware restrictions? I have tried many different ways but virtualbox always aborts the install of Windows 7. (Sorry I need windows for certain things for work on some occasions).

Problem 3: Is it possible to get the system to dual boot with windows 7 now that I already have the system setup as a hackintosh. Or do you need to start from scratch again. If from scratch does anyone know a guide that would work with this hardware.

Thanks again to all the hardworking users out there who post the information in this forum which helps so many of us, without you most of this stuff would be impossible for users like me to do.

Cheers all!

Thank you so much for this installation method, working superbly well on my dual-core Atom. :-)

Now, I take it that I have to have a USB drive plugged in all the time since rEFIt is installed there? No easy to way to implement that on the harddrive? (not really a big problem, since I have a spare USB drive plugged in 24/7).

Secondly, I have the same problem as kevin36thi, can't get PS/2 to work.

Tried a few different PS/2 kexts, but can't find one for 10.5.7.

Problem 3: Is it possible to get the system to dual boot with windows 7 now that I already have the system setup as a hackintosh. Or do you need to start from scratch again. If from scratch does anyone know a guide that would work with this hardware. !

I made 2 partitions on the install of osx and installed windows 7 on the 2nd partition.

I just had to boot via boot132 again after the win7 installation and reinstall the chameleon bootloader in osx + fdisk but if you use the rEFIt method i think it may just work. I only had problems when i tried tripple boot/3 partitions with ubuntu on the same hdd because windows 7 didn't boot atfter that (ubuntu and osx worked fine) - i now have ubuntu installed on another hdd.

OS-X actually still boots quite faster than windows 7 for me :)

@Didanix

already tried the VoodooPS2Controller?

works here...

Thanks for the hints. I finally managed to get a dual boot system, took a few hours and what I thought would be a few fresh OS X installs. But I persisted and it worked. I think this is how I did it.

-Created a 80gb partition Fat32 on my hard disk while in OS X.

-Installed Chameleon 2 RC1 (don't know why just read about it and tried it)

-Restarted pc with the Boot 132 disk and at the boot: prompt inserted the Windows 7 disk

-Did the normal win 7 install.

-After win 7 install pc would boot straight into Win 7 and no signs of previous OS X install

-Used the Boot 132 disk to boot back into OS X

-Installed Chameleon 2RC1 again hoping this would work, no luck.

-Did the fdisk steps from the guide, no luck, when restarting pc nothing happens as it says there is no bootable device.

OK booted from the Boot132 disk again and now I installed Chameleon 1.0.12 again. Then did the fdisk thing again.

-Now the OS X system boots but no more win 7. Damn.

-Installed chameleon 2RC1 again and then did the fdisk thing again.

-Whalla, it works and I get a boot screen asking to either boot Mac or Windows NTFS

-So now I can boot into either one with Chameleon 2RC1

-This was just luck as I know nothing about what I was doing.

-Only thing is I have to leave a USB keyboard attached to the pc to select which operating system I want to boot. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard obviously do not work at the boot sequence.

Sorry this is not a guide just a very stupid and lucky way of what I did.

10.5.6 RETAIL INSTALLATION

<snip>

Once the installation is complete, the computer will automatically restart - select the installed

OSX hd icon in rEFIt - this will boot you to the welcome screen..

<snip>

Cheers,

Onetrack.

link updated - re-uploaded to RS

Would appreciate any help for my problem : I installed 10.5.4 using this method. The installation appears to be complete and the system reboots. However - the drive onto which it was installed only shows up as a "legacy OS" option in the rEFIt menu and booting fails.

Thanks !

10.5.6 RETAIL INSTALLATION

Working on 10.5.7 - dropping the hyperthreading currently works with the combo update as mentioned before in this thread

New installation method - Proper DSDT.aml file built specifically for the 945GCLF2 motherboard

Hey folks.. I've got a new way to install here for you - at this link http://rapidshare.com/files/233285517/945gclf2_new.rar.html

you will find an install kit for uEFI for this motherboard.

Inside the package is a specific to the 945gclf2 dsdt.aml file, a bootsector kit, and all the files you

should have on your flash key.

Note this install does NOT use chameleon at all. No modified kernels and must be installed from a

retail installation disk (meaning no ideneb, kalyway,etc )

Apple Installation disk only !

Download the archive - you must get it to a working windows computer as the bootsector/flash key

boot enabler must be run there.

Unarchive the file, inside you will find the Bootsector app, Kext Helper B7, the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

and the New 945GCLF2 Install Kit.zip

First, get a flash key, min 32 megs - pop it in your windows computer so its recognized

- note the drive letter, e: d: f: whatever it is.

Copy the bootsector directory to your desktop

Go into CMD, cd to the Desktop\bootsector\ directory type at the prompt

makeusb.bat [drive letter] ie: makeusb.bat f: [enter]

This will format the flash key and make the usb drive bootable.

You must unplug / replug the USB key to work properly before you copy the 945gclf2 files to it!

next, unzip the New 945GCLF2 Install kit to the freshly formatted flash key

so that efi, extra kext, kext unused folders and the files including DSDT.aml are in the root.

Put that flash key into a free usb port on the 945gclf2

go into bios, set your boot order to ' always boot from usb devices first ' (cant remember off the top

of my head, but its in the boot menu)

Have your installation disk in the drive

Boot up, you'll see a cursor for a few seconds, then a bar moving from left to right across the bottom

of the screen - saying ' hit any key to enter setup' dont, just sit and wait a moment

You now get a really nice graphical rEFIt screen, showing your drive to boot from - select the install

disk.. follow through with a normal retail installation.

Note - proper resolution, QE/CI is already enabled, you will see a ton of scrolling text - this is because

I have the loader set in verbose mode in case there are any problems - we will change this later.

Once the installation is complete, the computer will automatically restart - select the installed

OSX hd icon in rEFIt - this will boot you to the welcome screen..

After you hit the desktop - copy over AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and the RealtekR1000.kext

(which is located on the usb drive in Kext Unused) and install them using Kext Helper - reboot

You will now have full audio out, qe/ci, proper resolution with resolution change, bonjour as

well as Real Time Clock, Hpet (sleep, shutdown, restart) 945 GMA 950 Graphics and Gigabit

ethernet with Bonjour enabled.

Have fun.

Special thanks to Stellarolla and the guys behind the rEFIt project

Cheers,

Onetrack.

link updated - re-uploaded to RS

Hi Onetrack,

I've made the usb key as you explain, but it does not boot. It just display "MBR Start!" and restart my D945gclf2 PC.

What can it be?

Thanks in advance

Martin

i didn't comb this topic but, if you don't have a retail leo disk or a dual layer disk then you can just use the iatkos 10.5.5 dvd AND JUST SELECT THE BASE SYSTEM UNCHECK EVERYTHING ELSE. it may already be known, but it is just a stripped down retail when just the first box is checked. like i said, i didnt comb this topic to see if this has already been said or if anyone else even had this as an obstacle... i actually just didnt feel like running out to get a dual layer dvd and i got this mobo for a freind and had all types of problems trying to get a fully functional leo install on this until this tutorial... thanks , it is a great package

• 2 weeks later...