[Guide]Intel D945GCLF2 10.5.x Retail Installation

iSynapse

447 posts in this topic

Intel D945GCLF2: might be interesting for someone why AppleHDA.kext didn't work if it's loaded. see the following pictures. I hope you can see what are different. However, I have no idea how to fix AppleHDA.kext working on this board.

AppleHDA.kext was loaded, but no sound.

post-93383-1251552069_thumb.jpg

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext was loaded.

post-93383-1251552137_thumb.jpg

VoodooHDA.kext was loaded.

post-93383-1251552265_thumb.jpg

I've gotten 10.6 to work on my D945GCLF2.

I installed to separate partition, had to replace IOATAFamily kext with the one from Leopard or it would panic on boot. Also added the appleazaliaaudio kext. I'm using the fakesmc.kext for Snow Leopard, as it wouldn't boot with the SL dsmos.kext. Get rid of disabler.kext. It was causing panics or at least error messages when I had it installed.

Also, it only works in 32 bit mode. I had to put arch=i386 in the boot plist to get it to boot correctly. And I think it only works with hyperthreading disabled. GMA950 works with stock kexts, I've got all resolutions and a transparent menu bar.

I'm going to mess with it a bit more and make sure it's all working correctly. I'll come back and describe what I did in more detail then.

I've gotten 10.6 to work on my D945GCLF2.

I installed to separate partition, had to replace IOATAFamily kext with the one from Leopard or it would panic on boot. Also added the appleazaliaaudio kext. I'm using the fakesmc.kext for Snow Leopard, as it wouldn't boot with the SL dsmos.kext. Get rid of disabler.kext. It was causing panics or at least error messages when I had it installed.

Also, it only works in 32 bit mode. I had to put arch=i386 in the boot plist to get it to boot correctly. And I think it only works with hyperthreading disabled. GMA950 works with stock kexts, I've got all resolutions and a transparent menu bar.

I'm going to mess with it a bit more and make sure it's all working correctly. I'll come back and describe what I did in more detail then.

excuse me.. what do you mean for STOCK kexts? in snow?

really no 64bit?

another thing .. the last dsdt contain a lot of mods.. very nice and very hard work.

but I see the AZAL and not the hdef NAME in the devices.

I'll try also ti inject ssdt p state CPU into the _PR method

interesting: there is not OSYS method .. it's important to inject a value to make mac osx to use hpet.

yes.. there is the OSI but only as reference not method

the unique reference is in the INI

Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
		{
			If (CondRefOf (_OSI, Local0))
			{
				Store (0x21, OSTY)
			}
		}

i'll try to mod and test into:

Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
		{
			If (CondRefOf (_OSI, Local0))
			{

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
					{
						Store (0x21, OSTY)
						Store ("OS is Darwin, OSYS ==", Debug)
						Store (OSYS, Debug)
					}

}
		}

Successfully installed Mac OSX 10.5.8 on D945GCLF2 :glare: .

It took following steps:

1. Disable HT in BIOS.

2. Install Kalyway 10.5.2. Everything worked (for me important stuff are video and ethernet).

3. Use Combo Update Patches 1.2.0 from Kalyway Combo Update 10.5.5.

4. Run Prepare for Combo Update

5. Run Combo Update 10.5.8 (which of course I downloaded first :( ).

6. NO RESTART (important step !!!!!!!!)

7. Run Post Combo Update Patches v1.2.0

8. Restart machine

9. Boot machine with parameters -v -f -s. It booted back, but no video drivers (1024x768 resolution)

10. Run Intel D945GCLF2 Driver Installation v1.0.pkg

11. Rebooted without any problem.

12. Now I'm happy with 1280x1024 and Internet working.

13. Installed chain0 to boot from Windows boot.ini

Hope this helps someone.

KR I.

excuse me.. what do you mean for STOCK kexts? in snow?

really no 64bit?

Yeah, the stock gma950 kexts that come with Snow Leopard are working fine for me, I didn't need to install any extra kexts for the graphics.

64bit doesn't work because the IOATAFamily kext that comes with Snow Leopard was causing kernel panics for me, so I had to replace it with the one from Leopard, which isn't 64 bit. If you could get the Snow Leopard IOATAFamily to work, booting in the 64 bit kernel might work, I don't know. It doesn't bother me too much, since most of the applications run in 64bit anyway, even with the 32bit kernel.

Yeah, the stock gma950 kexts that come with Snow Leopard are working fine for me, I didn't need to install any extra kexts for the graphics.

64bit doesn't work because the IOATAFamily kext that comes with Snow Leopard was causing kernel panics for me, so I had to replace it with the one from Leopard, which isn't 64 bit. If you could get the Snow Leopard IOATAFamily to work, booting in the 64 bit kernel might work, I don't know. It doesn't bother me too much, since most of the applications run in 64bit anyway, even with the 32bit kernel.

Dude...do u have resolution change in Sys pref with stock kexts for GMA950? Cuz I installed twice SL, everything goes just fine (including video) but I cannot change the resolution from Sys Pref. (only by com.apple.boot.plist)

Dude...do u have resolution change in Sys pref with stock kexts for GMA950? Cuz I installed twice SL, everything goes just fine (including video) but I cannot change the resolution from Sys Pref. (only by com.apple.boot.plist)

Yes, I am able to change the resolution in System Preferences, I just tested by changing from 1920x1080 to 1600x1200 and back without a problem. Attached is a screenshot of my display preferences.

post-29621-1252190281_thumb.png

Here u go: download

mach_kernle goes in / (root) - (mv -f mach_kernel /) and System.kext in S/L/E or use UInstaller, Kext Helper, OSX86 Tool...

Reboot...

Thanks for download ;) for e mach_kernel how to replace it? I dun understand e command. Can I just delete mach_kernel then copy e download one into mac hdd?

Thanks for download :( for e mach_kernel how to replace it? I dun understand e command. Can I just delete mach_kernel then copy e download one into mac hdd?

Yes..

Yes, I am able to change the resolution in System Preferences, I just tested by changing from 1920x1080 to 1600x1200 and back without a problem. Attached is a screenshot of my display preferences.

Did u install some kext for the video after the SL installation? (could you please tell me your VGA IDs)

Did u install some kext for the video after the SL installation? (could you please tell me your VGA IDs)

No, no video kexts. The kexts I installed were fakesmc.kext, replacing the IOATAFamily with the one from leopard, sleepenabler.kext, NullCPUPM, OpenHaltRestart, PlatformUUID, and the AzaliaAudio kext. Then made a DSDT with the bios fix thing, and edited the boot.plist with arch=i386.

And sorry, but I'm not sure how to find the VGA IDs?

No, no video kexts. The kexts I installed were fakesmc.kext, replacing the IOATAFamily with the one from leopard, sleepenabler.kext, NullCPUPM, OpenHaltRestart, PlatformUUID, and the AzaliaAudio kext. Then made a DSDT with the bios fix thing, and edited the boot.plist with arch=i386.

And sorry, but I'm not sure how to find the VGA IDs?

Could you please post your files (kext, dsdt), I would like to compare them with the ones I've used....Thx

PS. to get the VGA ID's go to System Profiler > Graphics/Display and you should see some numbers in there like (Device ID: 0x27a2 Revision ID: 0x0003...these are from a macbook)

it's arrived 2 hours ago.. but no way to boot !

bios: HT disabled

IDE: native

HPET:enabled

serial/parall: disabled

boot into cham 2 rc1 or 1.0.12 + efi 10.1 snow and the varoius files in this topics.. KP istantly

I updated the RS link and there are 2 mirrors now courtesy of Beklyn

If you use the trailing slash you'll get this error - remove the trailing slash and it'll create the bootable usb

wrong way f: is just an example here as it is what my flashkey shows up as

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\bootsector>makeusb.bat f:\

Format f:\ ...

Create boot sector ...

error E2003: File was not provided!

ERROR: Read DBR: failed - Failed to create files (LastError: 0x3)!

ERROR: Read MBR: failed - Failed to create files (LastError: 0x3)!

Could Not Find C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\bootsector\usbbs3

2.bin

Done.

RePlug device before using it!

right way

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\bootsector>makeusb.bat f:

Format f: ...

Create boot sector ...

Read DBR: successful!

Patching FAT32 BPB: successful!

Write DBR: successful!

Write MBR: successful!

Done.

RePlug device before using it!

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\bootsector>

MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG / REPLUG THE USB KEY IN BEFORE YOU COPY ALL OF THE 945GCLF INSTALL KIT FILES TO IT

You'll know this is working if it boots from the key and you get a flashing cursor in the middle of the screen, if you

see one in the top left corner of the screen you forgot to unplug/replug before copying files

I got this same message and I didn't use the "\" after my drive letter. But after experimenting I found that because I am running Windows 7 you must elevate the command prompt to "admin" or you will keep getting this message. Hope this helps someone!

ok.. tried for the n time.. I got boot in snow also in leo

problems are if I use a pen drive usb with my test.. plugged into internal mobo usb espansion.. . plugged in the rear.. boot ok without EBIOS ERROR or weird hangs or timeout on usb (with a repetition of error about a deadline.. mah)

other thing: must use nullcpu or disabler.. any try to mod the dsdt is not valid, ok: but HT in leo worls.. in snow NOT.

the last: pay attention to smbios.plist.. the speed is important.. you must write exactly the speed 533.. is the speed of the mobo!!!

differences:

in snow after booting arc=i386 - legacy and -x and reboot.. it boot fine without any flag, but no HT and no good sleep on power button pressed, instead of leo that's better, and the wifi usb pen digicom (Zydas) in leo is perfect without driver.. in snow airport is unable to activate.

Could you please post your files (kext, dsdt), I would like to compare them with the ones I've used....Thx

PS. to get the VGA ID's go to System Profiler > Graphics/Display and you should see some numbers in there like (Device ID: 0x27a2 Revision ID: 0x0003...these are from a macbook)

Here's the stuff from System Profiler

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model:	GMA 950
 Type:	GPU
 Bus:	Built-In
 VRAM (Total):	64 MB of Shared System Memory
 Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
 Device ID:	0x2772
 Revision ID:	0x0002
 Displays:
Display Connector:
SyncMaster:
 Resolution:	1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
 Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Rotation:	Supported

And attached are the kexts I used like fakesmc and stuff, and the GMA950 SL stock kexts in case you wanted those too.

Archive.zip

Hey guys I just finished installing 10.5.6 with no issues. I haven't tested everything yet but it looks good. I just wanted to thank you all for your hard work and for the tut. It made it simple even for a noob like me to install this OS. I have alot of experience with PC's but absolutely none with any form of Apple. Before today the only experience I had was passing one in the store. I look foreword to "playing" with my new Hackintosh! :)

Specs: D945GCLF2 motherboard, 2gb Ram, 30gig western digital IDE HD, Samsung SATA DvD Combo burner, 2gig usb flash drive, Logitech Wave wireless keyboard and mouse.

Here's the stuff from System Profiler

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model:	GMA 950
Type:	GPU
Bus:	Built-In
VRAM (Total):	64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
Device ID:	0x2772
Revision ID:	0x0002
Displays:
 Display Connector:
 SyncMaster:
Resolution:	1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display:	Yes
Mirror:	Off
Online:	Yes
Rotation:	Supported

And attached are the kexts I used like fakesmc and stuff, and the GMA950 SL stock kexts in case you wanted those too.

Thank you ! I'll give it a try :)

EDIT:

Tryed your files...with ur kext all work fine...but still no video resolution change....

Using ur dsdt i get grey screen after logon...so...nothing...thx anyway..

Thank you ! I'll give it a try :(

EDIT:

Tryed your files...with ur kext all work fine...but still no video resolution change....

Using ur dsdt i get grey screen after logon...so...nothing...thx anyway..

Sorry to hear that, there must be some reason they work for me but I think it's beyond my ability to figure out why.