• Please log in to reply
1443 replies to this topic

onestzle

onestzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I'v finally done it :D : 6820s Mountain Lion 10.8.5, Lion 10.7.5, Snow Leopard 10.6.8 full resolution and full QE/CI support ,files and small tutorial here for Lion and Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion. I'm still testing some stuff on Mountain Lion and i'v started to write a  full after install tutorial for full 10.8.2. and 10.7.5 6820s support with all the steps,and kexts.When i'm done with the testing,i'll upload

(10.9 tested,full QE/CI with some bugs,still figuring out how to fix them.

Resolution support is dropped because of radeonHD is 32bit only,dong said there isn't and wont be 64 bit,it compiles in 64bit but doesn't work for some reason,but there are other ways to add framebuffer(what makes resolution work) but they still don't show any sign of success with ati x1350/7196 1002 graphics.

So if any one can or has the time could your try dsdt method of injecting graphics card i will give everything needed for that method  ;)  )

Edited: Sep. 7. 

Shadik

Shadik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everybody!

I want install Lion on my 6820s.
I followed this instruction: http://www.insanelym...00#entry1760323After doing all of them system start up but NOT WORKED:
  • sleep
  • qe/ci
Please, help me! I dont know what i doing wrong...

Husky997

Husky997

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
How I make a BootCD or USBDrive for Lion or M Lion HP550 Merom and what I must copy on it. Please who show me a file treeor give me a all file or bootCD. Thanks

Vili14

Vili14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

How I make a BootCD or USBDrive for Lion or M Lion HP550 Merom and what I must copy on it. Please who show me a file treeor give me a all file or bootCD. Thanks

http://giofrida.alte...ntosh/6720s/en/
http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/
To 10.7.5 & 10.7.4 rebuild ACPIThermal.zip in Xcode to resolve the dependency.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

And of course, Mavericks DP 2 is working on HP 550. Install Mavericks, ( I've used MyHack 3.2 beta from here ). And add kexts and dsdt from here , accordingly.

All files are from this thread, so, use the knowledge from these wonderful hack community (RTFT, if you know what I mean).

For audio use latest voodoo (google).

Experience. 

The system works steady and nice. Only drawback is higher temperetures, maybe I 've got wrong readings  with latest Hardware Monitor.

Nice hacking.

alemate23

alemate23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Is there anyone who has tested this to get QE/CI working on hp 6720s? http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1325709

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Is there anyone who has tested this to get QE/CI working on hp 6720s? http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1325709

Tested and working but it's a bit slower than Lion / SL.

iLoGaN

iLoGaN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

ML can be installed in the 550 hp with 10.8 niresh12495? I'm trying to install from USB

I do not get the right start, I've tried with many parameters.

Can anyone help?

thanks

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,536 posts
Did anyone test mountain lion on 6720s?

chummdoggin

chummdoggin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Hello All. I spent a few hours now messing around in this place. Ive got an hp550 and at one point tried the bios flash and had a crash in the middle... oops! Well, 60 bucks for the mb wasnt bad since the machine had been a gift.. I have been having a problem since even having the old mb and running the earlier osxs. The internal display boots all blocky but only when its at a certain temperature. Once its warmed up a bit it stops. I had a problem in following the override tutorial... the part where the product id etc is entered into the plist file. It never came up in the ioreg in the terminal but in the registry exploror I found under the apple backlight 4ca3-4e45. Tried to use those but is it supposed to be a number and not alphanumeric? Anyway could not get it to work. Could That be the solution? Using windows utilities, I got the same values for the edid, product id and vendor. I tried string in the plist editor but that did not do it and tried changing the string to a number but that made integer turn to 'real' and was a weird long number too. Perhaps there is another thing that would cause that behavior? Hardware wise? Could not be the windows works. Hmmm..

10.7.5 is working nice as far as I can tell with that exception and sleep only cause I don't care to bother with it. Thanks to all who have put a lot into this, its been fun to be a part of.

Bret

Bret

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hello,

I even though I don't have the same chip listed below, I have one very close (the Mobility Radeon X1300). So, I followed the directions listed below for SL, inserted my EDID, and now it boots to a kernel panic. I can't give you more details because the screen is all distorted and smeared with lines so I can't read what's going on.

I can boot to safe mode (or whatever Mac guys calls it). But since I'm very new to Macs and the Hackintosh world I'm not sure where to go from there.

Despite this KP, I'm kind of excited. I've been fighting for this issue for over a week, following many tutorials that were complete works of fiction written by people with no social skills and too much time on their hands. But, this actually feels like a step forward. I can feel that I'm close to getting my video working now. All I need is a little help...

ATI Radeon Mobility X1350 works now on 10.6.8 and on Lion 10.7.5 with full qe/ci and full resolution support (not tested yet on mountain lion,but soon)..

On 10.6.8
1.Extract files from attachicon.gifArchive.zip and attachicon.gifATI1300Controller.kext.zip
2.Add your EDID in both places in info file in radeonHD.kext from the archive
3.Delete ATIFramebuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext from S/L/E
4.using Kext Wizard install every file that was in the archives i'v uploaded and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache
5.Boot with full qe/ci and full resolution support

On Lion 10.7.5

1.Extract files from attachicon.gif10.7.5.zip
2.Add your EDID in both places in info file in radeonHD.kext from the 10.7.5 archive(or don't,maybe we have the same EDID)
3.Delete ATISupport.kext from S/L/E
4.using Kext Wizard install every file that was in the archives i'v uploaded and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache
5.Boot with full qe/ci and full resolution support

TO AVOID KERNEL PANIC :
Before you even update from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8,10.7.0 to 10.7.5 (or any big update)you will need to delete your own radeonhd.kext from S/L/E in 10.6.7 becouse it will couse kernel panic.. once you have finished updating,that means,delete radeonHD in 10.6.7 and boot the system without it,update to 10.6.8,and then run software update,update everything in your 10.6.8
and then follow my steps-Latest security update for 10.6.8 will replace IONDRVSupport.kext,so after you update you will need to boot in the safe mod and replace new IONDRVSupport.kext with the one fron the file's i'v uploaded
-reason why i'm telling this is IONDRVSupport.kext will be updated during one of the avalible updates in 10.6.8 and that will give you KP becouse 10.6.8 IONDRVSupport conflicts with radeonHD
Use the same idea with the lion update

onestzle

onestzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Hello everybody!

I want install Lion on my 6820s.
I followed this instruction: http://www.insanelym...00#entry1760323

After doing all of them system start up but NOT WORKED:
  • sleep
  • qe/ci
Please, help me! I dont know what i doing wrong...

qe/ci dosn't work only if you didn't do the stuff i'v written corretly or the osx didn't boot graphics kext during boot,repair permission and rebuild cache and try booting with -v -f . As of sleep if you have SleepEnabler.kext remove it as there is no need for it becouse of dsdt for 6820 has already sleep fixed..

Hello,

I even though I don't have the same chip listed below, I have one very close (the Mobility Radeon X1300). So, I followed the directions listed below for SL, inserted my EDID, and now it boots to a kernel panic. I can't give you more details because the screen is all distorted and smeared with lines so I can't read what's going on.

I can boot to safe mode (or whatever Mac guys calls it). But since I'm very new to Macs and the Hackintosh world I'm not sure where to go from there.

Despite this KP, I'm kind of excited. I've been fighting for this issue for over a week, following many tutorials that were complete works of fiction written by people with no social skills and too much time on their hands. But, this actually feels like a step forward. I can feel that I'm close to getting my video working now. All I need is a little help...

it boots in Kernel Panic i think because you might have different graphics id... x1350 on hp 6820s id is 7196 1002..there are tutorials on this forum on how to change some stuff in ATIRadeonX1000.kext ...basically you need to add your id  in ATIRadeonX1000 info.plist (you can use mine just replace your id with mine 0x71961002)and using hex app you need to change some stuff with your id in ATIRadeonX1000.kext MacOS  folder/ATIRadeonX1000 (open with any hex app and search and replace 9671 with your id,why i say 9671 is becouase that is my id in reverse 7196=9671,do the same thing with your id only here)by the way this is the short tutorial on making graphics work with ATIRadeonX1000(for long tutorial search this forum)  ..After that it will work.Also these files i'v put online that you'v downloaded that are for SL are for 10.6.8 

Hope i'v helped

White-Horse

White-Horse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi!

I got a HP Compaq 6720s laptop with celeron processor. I wanna instal iatkos l2 on my computer but the instaler stucked on an apple screen. I tried start up with -v and -y but it is still the same can you help me please! Thanks!

Kiryan

Kiryan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Anyone install Mavericks on 6720s  (with c2d) ?

White-Horse

White-Horse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

anybody?

Hi!

I got a HP Compaq 6720s laptop with celeron processor. I wanna instal iatkos l2 on my computer but the instaler stucked on an apple screen. I tried start up with -v and -y but it is still the same can you help me please! Thanks!

ThirdSmile

ThirdSmile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Probably, the problem is that celeron does not support support some instruction sets(ssse3), which is required by OS X kernel. 

So to run OS X on your machine you should either: 
1. Replace your processor with 'core two duo' or at least 'dual core', it should be relatively cheap now, and it is not hard to do - I have done that on my hp6720(i have upgraded it from 'dual core' to 'core two duo')

2. Use patched kernel that has emulation for required instruction sets. Last time i have used it on my old desktop computer, with P4. It was patched kernel by nawcom and it was only for 10.6. As for now, I do not know what patched kernel are presented and which of them better( more over - I have no old computer that requires it).

Good luck.

Hi!

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

anybody?

Hi!

I have the same Laptop compaq 6720s with celeron M 530 1.7Gh, installer Lion 10.7.5 on it almost vanilla with QE/CI WiFi an sound running very smooth. And it does support 64bit kernel with SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 as well. You can create an USB potable with Pandora app.

Piksi

Piksi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Anyone install Mavericks on 6720s  (with c2d) ?

I have just installed Mavericks 10.9 with the Olarila's USB image on Compaq 6820s laptop and updated to version 10.9.1.

Updated 18.12.2013

Used Chameleon 2.2svn r2181

Latest DSDT for 6820s fixed thermals by  juanerson

- Keyboard and trackpad didn't work till installing ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2Nub kexts.
- Ethernet(Intel 82562GT) is working with AppleIntelE1000e.kext
- Bluetooth is not working.
- Card reader is not working.
- Sound: Work with latest VoodooHDA.
- Battery: Working with VoodooBatery.kext.
- iCloud + AppStore + Messages are working.
- Wi-Fi (BCM4311) is broken.
- Display (Radeon X1350 Mobile): Works only in 1152x864.

Any help with the Display and Wi-fi kext will be much appreciated. Thanks ;)

Biso007

Biso007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Any one was able to get power management to work in Mavericks ?

I mean to load AICPM without KP ?

javi85

javi85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have the same Laptop compaq 6720s with celeron M 530 1.7Gh, installer Lion 10.7.5 on it almost vanilla with QE/CI WiFi an sound running very smooth. And it does support 64bit kernel with SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 as well. You can create an USB potable with Pandora app.

Hi! can you say the steps you used to install it?

which dsdt, kext and other files (if used) have used?

sorry for my bad english... ^_^

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy