Here's my experience with installing ML on HP 6730b laptop:
- I used the vanilla DMG but only patched to install on MBR partition (I have Win7 on the same HDD).
- Keyboard and trackpad didn't work till installing ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2Nub kexts after initial reboot.
- Sound: doesn't work .. VoodooHDA is used and you can change the sound setting and sound icon is on the menu bar but not actual sound is coming out.
- Battery: AppleACPIBatteryManager kext is used but the battery icon on menu bar has "X" symbol.
- Ethernet is working with BCM5722D.kext
- iCloud + AppStore + Messages are working.
- Display: works only in 1024x768 as I can't find a patched X3100 kext modified for device code 2A42 (4500MHD) that works in 64 bit mode.
In brief: ML works fine so far but the fact that it doesn't have 32bit kernel will be a problem for some old kexts that have only 32bit code.
p.s: any help with the display kext will be much appreciated. I tried to manually patch the original AppleIntelX3100FB kext but then it loses the 64bit architecture indicator.
Try to download this kexts.
Install the kexts in S/L/E.
Do these commands:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x86\x80\x02\x2a|\x86\x80\x42\x2a|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelGMAX3100
sudo perl -pi -e 's|0x2a028086|0x2a428086|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/Info.plist
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x86\x80\x02\x2a|\x86\x80\x42\x2a|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB
sudo perl -pi -e 's|0x2A028086|0x2A428086|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext/Contents/Info.plist