1442 replies to this topic

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Here's my experience with installing ML on HP 6730b laptop:
- I used the vanilla DMG but only patched to install on MBR partition (I have Win7 on the same HDD).
- Keyboard and trackpad didn't work till installing ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2Nub kexts after initial reboot.
- Sound: doesn't work .. VoodooHDA is used and you can change the sound setting and sound icon is on the menu bar but not actual sound is coming out.
- Battery: AppleACPIBatteryManager kext is used but the battery icon on menu bar has "X" symbol.
- Ethernet is working with BCM5722D.kext
- iCloud + AppStore + Messages are working.
- Display: works only in 1024x768 as I can't find a patched X3100 kext modified for device code 2A42 (4500MHD) that works in 64 bit mode.

In brief: ML works fine so far but the fact that it doesn't have 32bit kernel will be a problem for some old kexts that have only 32bit code.

p.s: any help with the display kext will be much appreciated. I tried to manually patch the original AppleIntelX3100FB kext but then it loses the 64bit architecture indicator.

Try to download this kexts.
Install the kexts in S/L/E.
Do these commands:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x86\x80\x02\x2a|\x86\x80\x42\x2a|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelGMAX3100
sudo perl -pi -e 's|0x2a028086|0x2a428086|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/Info.plist
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x86\x80\x02\x2a|\x86\x80\x42\x2a|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB
sudo perl -pi -e 's|0x2A028086|0x2A428086|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Biso007

Biso007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I did the above patching and here's the results (I have 2 monitors in extended mode):
- if both kexts are loaded it gives a white screen after reboot. Cold reset is a must to recover.
- I removed the X3100 and kept only the X3100FB kext since it's the one loaded in -x boot mode.
- The external display (HP L1908w) is working perfectly in 1440x900x32 mode.
- The main display is working in 1280x800x32 mode but the display is "pixelized" (now fixed :) )
- I 'm using Chameleon v2.1svn r2030 if this is relevant.

Fixed: Remove "Graphics Enabler=Yes" from boot.plist file

Many thanks!

rraallvv

rraallvv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
hey guys!

just wondering if this DSDT is compatible with pavilion tx2000 series

war6000

war6000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

No problems here with vanilla system (except X3100FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8)... so, ALL is working fine in 10.7.3 (latest build 11D50d). Please, wait for update DSDT standard with Lion support (for 6720s and 550) ASAP.

Note: Please, I need one voluntary (with experience, mainly if understood THIS) for DSDT testing with Merom CPU. I mean is better two: one for the Compaq 6720s, and one for the HP 550, both with CPUs Merom. Then, PM me.

Anyway... DSDT v0.30 Update for 6720s and 550 HP Notebooks (Full Lion ready):

1) The Bootloader: (Thanks to Slice). I prefer install it using Chameleon Wizard, method "Boot0md", in the boot partition. Recommended. Note: This bootloader has NOT support for iCloud.

2) The config boot file: org.chameleon.Boot.plist from /

3) The New DSDT and SSDT tables, also from /Extra:
DSDT Merom: (Only for CPU Merom)
DSDT Penryn: (Only for CPU Penryn)
SSDT: (C-States support for both CPU type)

Update Note to Merom CPU users:
If you have audio stuttering (or get choppy problems), this is related to missing C-States support. So, please try with the SSDT tables 5 and 6 I uploaded HERE from /Extra. Because I just needed more feedback with CPU Merom.

OPTIONAL: (ONLY if you want to customize P-States)

Notes:
- If you get Blue Screen, stuck at login and not GUI at all, you need to set your own Display EDID override.
See this example: (Please do not use it, is only for reference)

- For big screen resolution (1440x900), inside the DSDT (device GFX0, X3100 hack code) are just three (3) values to change:

AAPL01,DualLink
AAPL01,Height
AAPL01,Width

4) The SMbios, Legacy SpeedStep and Extensions:
For CPU Merom:
(smbios.plist from /Extra, and Legacy injector installed in /S/L/E)

For CPU Penryn:
(Idem)

Notes:
- For correct Legacy SpeedStep functionality Is highly recommended revert back to vanilla files MacBook4_1.plist or MacBook3_1.plist (depend of case), by deleting or comment out the five (5) lines for CPUPLimit = 0x0:
<key>PLimitDict</key>
<dict>
<key>MacBook4,1</key> // or MacBook3,1
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>
Those modified files are in:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources
Then, repair permissions & rebuilt cache, and finally restart the system.

- Please, build your own genuine-valid Mac Serial, and don't share it... read this commentary about it.

5) More Extensions to install all in /S/L/E (Replace the previous same kexts or same function kexts if necessary):
fakesmc (the Netkas one): Modified Info.plist separately for:

The proper FrameBuffer:
(to avoid the KP "GPU parser error...")
Note: Before install it, in case you have the X3100 variant ID 2A12... you need to edit the Info.plist inside.

And the rest of kexts for fan control, battery, sound, ethernet and keyboard:
Note: About the sound .kext, please install first AppleHDADisabler (wait two minutes), then install VoodooHDA to prevent KP conflict with AppleHDA.

At the end... repair permissions with Disk Utility (Recommended).

Big thanks to ThirdSmile, Zprood, Slice, and maybe others. Good Luck to everyone.

Thank for this i got a lot of my devices working thanks to this post. I still can't get pass the 1024x768 resolution on my HP 550 with X3100 (2a12) . I edited the file you provide like you said and booted 32 bit but still cant seem to get better resolution than that. Thank you very much for your great job and effort you put into this

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
Here we go: http://olarila.com/f...c.php?f=6&t=144

war6000

war6000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for trying giofrida but i still cant get full resolution. I noticed that the graphics kext is not loading at all im on 32 but i also tried 64 with no luck. everything else works great. btw is there a way to assign more than 64mb for graphics on this laptop (hp550 2gb ram) thank you very much for trying to help

Biso007

Biso007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I have an almost perfect ML installation on my HP 6730b but the only one thing that doesn't work (aside from the 5100 AGN wifi) is the battery icon. I tried almost every combination of SmartBatteryManager and ACPIBatteryManager and nothing work so far.

Any ideas or DSDT modification ?

EDIT: Battery icon works correctly if:
- the boot flag UseKernelCache is set to No (slightly longer boot time).
- AppleACPIBatteryManager and AppleSmartBatteryManager kexts are not part of the kernel cache and loaded manually after booting.

Biso007

Biso007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
For those who are using ML with GMA X4500MHD (2a42) and maybe X3100 (2a02) as well since both use the same GPU kext, I can't use the new "Click to tweet" or "Click to post" button from the Notification Center coz the text field has the dark gray background color and the text color is almost the same. I tried to figure out which resource is used inside the application to modify it but with no luck.

Any ideas ?

TIA

war6000

war6000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks Giofrida, it worked after all. The only different thing i did was try it on the new 10.7.5 update and i get Full res. Im loving Lion on this HP 550 everything works perfect, even better than windows 7 home which i had before. Again Thanks to everyone for making this old computer usable. BTW i also have Find My Mac enable. Thanks. Thanks.

Prototipo

Prototipo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hi I have a problem, I installed the package 6720s that is located in the boot cd, but I can not install the file AppleACPIEC.ketx, all works .. only little problem is OS X running in verbose mode always, i dont see apple LOGO ..

depends on AppleACPIEC.kextl that has not been installed?

thanks and hope in your help

P.S. I installed 10.6.7 on hp 6820s - radeon X1350 card

xsashox

xsashox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hi guys!

Im currently writing this from my Lion, so success i guess..

Im using a HP 6820s, with Mountain Lion 10.8.2, i got almost everything working except the graphics!

My computer has a ATI Mobility Radeion X1350 installed, i followed this forums procedures about installing all of the kext files and swaping the EDID inside the archive (page 68) and i still have a problem.

My problem starts with boot-up i get a message like this

"ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml

NO DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

Using PCI-Root-UID value:0

Framebuffer 0xD0000000 MMIO 00xDC4000000

0x000000000

ATI card non-POSTed, reading VBIOS from PCI ROM.

Framebuffer set to devices default: Lc> (some special character? Cant really form it here)

Nr of ports set to framebuffers default: 0"

And thats it.. It just hangs there until i reboot it with GraphicsEnabler=No

(I havent really waited for 15minutes to boot up with graphicsenabler=yes but i waited around 5min and didnt really work..)

Can you guys please help me?

UPDATE: I waited now for some time.. And i get this;

"Memory allocation error! Addr : 0x0 Size: 0x7ff5190, File: device_inject.c (or something like that) Size: 220

This is a non recovarable error! System HALTED!!!"

xsashox

xsashox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Ok, i got a little bit further.. Installed the RadeonX1000.kext with my ID and RadeonHD.kext with my EDID and turned off GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon Wizard, booted only with graphic option 1440x900 and it boots up and works but after some time my mouse starts to act weird... Left button click just dies.. So now if i boot up with GraphicsEnabler=Yes i'm again stuck with the problem i mentioned earlier.. Any clues?

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Ok, i got a little bit further.. Installed the RadeonX1000.kext with my ID and RadeonHD.kext with my EDID and turned off GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon Wizard, booted only with graphic option 1440x900 and it boots up and works but after some time my mouse starts to act weird... Left button click just dies.. So now if i boot up with GraphicsEnabler=Yes i'm again stuck with the problem i mentioned earlier.. Any clues?

If i remember correctly, there's an option in RadeonHD's info.plist to fix the cursor of the mouse.. try to search it.

xsashox

xsashox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Thank you. I resolved my left click problem but i still dont have any acceleration. If i look in kextstat neither the RadeonHD.kext or AtiX1000 bundle are loaded.. Only kexts associated with my graphics that are loaded are IONDRVSupport, AppleMCCS kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient kext.

If i run OpenGL Extensions Viewer i get this
Posted Image

My SystemInfo shows this
Posted Image

I modified the files with my ID and my EDID but it still doesnt work.. Tried serveral method also with Ati1300Controller kext, AtiX1000GA, GL, VA, .. kexts and i get no results.. I think the resolution works because i force it with the bootloader (Chameleon Graphics=1440x900.. )

I dont use graphicsEnabler because my computer just sleeps at booting with error mentioned a few posts higher..

bisk

bisk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Xsashox ...

ML kernel is 64 bit only, ATIRadeonX1000.kext is 32 bit so it will NOT load.

No video hardware acceleration for you on this old laptop, sorry.

At least you are not one of the Apple faithfuls who forked over nearly 2 grand for a MacBook Pro (X1600) that cannot run ML either !

Lion is the end of the road for you here.

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Xsashox ...

At least you are not one of the Apple faithfuls who forked over nearly 2 grand for a MacBook Pro (X1600) that cannot run ML either !

Are you sure? The ATIRadeonX1000 kexts in 10.7.5 are also 64 bit.. (x86_64)

onestzle

onestzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Xsashox ...

RadeonHD is x86 only(so no full resolution on ML) but x1000 is 64 ..problem is not x1000,the problem is iondrvsupport.kext,just like when you on 10.6.8(and any 10.6.8 later update) you'll need the iondrvsupport from 10.6.7 to have full QE/CI....the big issue is openGL support is droped for x1000 graphic cards(that is why there is no QE/CI) so either google anyone who made happen x1000 work on Lion or ML and you'll find a solution or try using kext by kext from SL (latest that worked,for graphics on 10.6.8 on 6280s that is mix of 10.6.7 kexts and 10.6.8 kexts that i'v posted on page 68 ...hope i'v helped a little

xsashox try to replace IONDRVSupport, AppleMCCS kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient kext. from 10.6.8 or 10.6.7 with the one's from ML(worth a shot but it's a long shot)

bisk

bisk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Yes, RadeonHD.kext is 32 bit only but this only controls the frame buffer and resolution management. QE is controlled by the ATTRadeonX1000.kext and that does not run 64 bit either.

If anybody has QE/CI in 64bit mode in either SL or Lion with an ATI Radeon 1300/1350/1400/1450/1550/1600 etc. I'd like to see how.

AFAIK, Apple has completely and totally abandonrd this ATI video chipset along with the Intel GMA 950/3100 family in Mountain Lion.

I'd love to be wrrong. If anybody has either of these video chipsets providing QE in 64 bit mode, please share !

xsashox

xsashox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hi guys..

Ive given up on ML so i installed Lion instead. After a few hours of working with the kexts and going nuts heres the status;
Im runing 64bit, RadeonHD and ATIRadeonX1000.kext are both loaded. Full resolution (1440x900) with selection availible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dont really know if i have full QE/CI .. How do i check that?

Posted Image

UPDATE: My VLC player wont run so.. I guess i dont have QE .. CI maybe? Any suggestions for Lion? Im runing 10.7.5.

Ok - so what i didnt do ;

- I didnt change any HEX of the files (RadeonX1000.kext) with my ID - option?
- Im runing without GraphicEnabler=Yes since it wont boot up if i do (just freezes before even loading kexts - DSDT maybe?)

My YouTube is runing but slowly.

bisk

bisk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
If you have ResMan in 64 bit mode, this means that you have a 64 bit version of RadeonHD.kext ... Cool.
I heard that there was a 64 bit version of that floating around but never bothered with it

You have QE if ...

DVDPlayer.app runs
Roxio Toast Titanium runs
Cosmos, Beaches, etc. screensavers run
YouTube videos working fully is a good sign too

Really never saw ATIRadeonX1000.kext load 64 bit before ... sure that you are running 64 bit ?

If so, there are a lot of MacBook Pro owners with the ATI X1600 who are dying to know cuz' that's what stops 'em from running ML.

In any event, just adding arch=i388 to "kernel flags" in c.a.B.plist or o.c.B.plist should get that QE to kick in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy