Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Can you upload your dsdt, Please?

Here is my file. Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   13.04KB   20 downloads
But it just can put computer sleep when close lid, haven't found a right way to wakeup when open lid.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts

Here is my file. Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   13.04KB   20 downloads
But it just can put computer sleep when close lid, haven't found a right way to wakeup when open lid.

Thank You. Open the lid wake works for you in Windows and/or Linux? If not, it is a simple hardware limitation.

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Thank You. Open the lid wake works for you in Windows and/or Linux? If not, it is a simple hardware limitation.

Yes, it works for linux and windows, also works for snow leopard 10.6.x too. Just doesn't wakeup automatic for lion when open lid, sleep is ok.

redeck2

redeck2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Attached File  Snapz_Pro_X__cranSnapz001.png   1MB   100 downloads
ati x 1350 work on lion GM but no graphics acceleration
take a look at my screenshot

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts
I think you need a different profile (smbios.plist) for the Ati graphics card... because the MacBook3,1 has Intel GMA X3100.

BUT, I have a question: can you see the wave effect in Dashboard (not using as desktop option), also the menu bar should be translucent, so are working the screensavers for you, youtube videos, etc???. Those things need hardware acceleration.

redeck2

redeck2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
the is no wave effect in Dashboard and the menu bar not translucent and youtube videos not work
i set smbios.plist to macbook4.1 and ill still no acceleration

i got ati x1350 ROM and i want to inject it on boot but i don't know how :thumbsup_anim:
think you for your fast reply

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts
The MacBook4,1 has Intel GMA X3100 too. You need to search for ATI graphics 2007-2008 MacBook/Pro, understand that?

NOTE: The Profile change requires "entire" Profile change, not only the model in smbios.plist. Other way will not works.

onestzle

onestzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

The MacBook4,1 has Intel GMA X3100 too. You need to search for ATI graphics 2007-2008 MacBook/Pro, understand that?

NOTE: The Profile change requires "entire" Profile change, not only the model in smbios.plist. Other way will not works.

acording to this macbookpro2,2 is most simmilar to hp6820s,has ati graphics and it supports lion,it has Merom cpu T7600/T7400 (6820s also has Merom ) 2 gigs of ram,160 hd …. What do you think juanerson will it work with smbios of macbookpro2,2 ???

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts

acording to this macbookpro2,2 is most simmilar to hp6820s,has ati graphics and it supports lion,it has Merom cpu T7600/T7400 (6820s has T7250 ) 1/2 gigs of ram,160 hd …. What do you think juanerson will it work with smbios of macbookpro2,2 ???

Definitely the "profile" MacBookPro2,2 (complete) it is a better option than MB3,1 - MB4,1 for 6820s users... and I think will be a very important switch, so we should have not doubt about that.

But talking about the other important part, the "compatibility-capability" of the hacked driver for ATI X1350, I mean... it was and/or is working fine in Snow? Or is very old even for Snow? What about the findings by research for Lion support?

onestzle

onestzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Definitely the "profile" MacBookPro2,2 (complete) it is a better option than MB3,1 - MB4,1 for 6820s users... and I think will be a very important switch, so we should have not doubt about that.

But talking about the other important part, the "compatibility-capability" of the hacked driver for ATI X1350, I mean... it was and/or is working fine in Snow? Or is very old even for Snow? What about the findings by research for Lion support?

It works perfectly with 10.6.7,modifed ATIRadeonX1000.kext for graphics acceleration (x1350 device id added) and RadeonHD.kext for resolution (modifed with 6820s screen edid) In Lion these hacks won't work,if we modife Lion ATIRadeonX1000.kext it goes KP,can't boot until return of original ATIRadeonX1000.kext..
Maybe it is stupid but how do i/we create macbookpro2,2 smbios ?? chameleon wizard dosn't have 2,2 profile

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts

It works perfectly with 10.6.7,modifed ATIRadeonX1000.kext for graphics acceleration (x1350 device id added) and RadeonHD.kext for resolution (modifed with 6820s screen edid) In Lion these hacks won't work,if we modife Lion ATIRadeonX1000.kext it goes KP,can't boot until return of original ATIRadeonX1000.kext..
Maybe it is stupid but how do i/we create macbookpro2,2 smbios ?? chameleon wizard dosn't have 2,2 profile

Thank You for share your information. To make any profile I prefer do it manually by collecting the data present in smbios.plist file... for example a precise search in google like MacBookPro2,2 dmi.bios is very helpful. BUT you can start by using champlist, ONLY if you don't care about to learn "how-to" smbios.plist works. Good Luck.

EDITED:
My smbios.plist:
Attached File  Captura_de_pantalla_2011_11_01_a_la_s__19.46.03.png   107.65KB   213 downloads
PLEASE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR 10.6.8 & 10.7. See there is NOT my own-genuine SERIAL NUMBER for prevent iCloud "max exceeded connections" problems. BUT MUST MATCH as you can verify HERE (another useful site). Therefore, to understanding the Mac Serial number and create yours (not shared), please see this Article (courtesy by Prasys).

For MB4,1 profile users (Penryn CPU):
0P0 = T8100
0P1 = T8300

onestzle

onestzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
i'v made it using champlist,please take a look at it ,motherboard and bios version got from here .. anything else needed to add?? Anyway Big Thanks for Your help

EDITED

Okay,i'v created my own genuine serial number.
New Attached File  smbios.plist.zip   926bytes   31 downloads is here with with the macbookpro2,2 NON-genuine serial number ...
W0H =T7600 Merom (2.33 GHz)
X6A =T7400 Merom (2.16 GHz)
...What's next (6820s has T7250 Merom(2.00 GHz))??? smbios.plist works great on 10.6.8 , temp of cpu is 48c on normal work to max 65 on heavy work

Here are the kext needed for full resolution support on 10.6.8.
Kexts Needed
2 step install
1. Edit the edid in radeonhd.kext to match your 6820s laptop monitor(for how to look here )
2. Using Kext Wizard add everything in S/L/E repair permission n cache,restart with -f -v flags on boot
For safety save the original kexts that you will replace)
I assume that this method will work on Lion also becoause Lion and 10.6.8 use same way of loading ati graphics

EDITED

From my 10.6.7 I'v deleted every ati kext in my 10.6.8(made backup of kexts) and replaced it with every ati kext from 10.6.7(my 10.6.7. has full resolution and graphics acceleration) and now finnaly 10.6.8 has full resolution and graphics acceleration...ps i'v done my "2 step install" method in 10.6.8 before i did this delete n replace (i know i didn't have to replace every ati kexts,but i don't have nervs to figure out what specific kexts needed to be replaced) also if anyone has graphics glich problem(open radonhd and set " enableHWCursor " to false
@ redeck2 test this method in lion( i assume it will work)

EDIT:
Forget everything i'v posted previusly,use this method to get QE/CI and full resolution support in 10.6.8(tested and works fully)
http://www.insanelym...2

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts
Read Up again please. The serial number NOT match accord to the model you set, so you need to find a REAL Mac serial number from MBP2,2 as point of start for apply the Prasys's procedure. Also, the next time please keep your own build new serial only for you! ONLY share the rest of data.

redeck2

redeck2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
kernel panic with your kexts on lion GM
ill backup my original kexts and ill add your kexts one by one

Attached Files

onestzle

onestzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
@ redeck2
just add AppleACPIPlatform.kext original from lion instead of mine AppleACPIPlatform.kext(he is the reason of kp)

EDITED

…pointer is there(top left corner) but it dosn't move,mouse moves,pointer dosnt(change resolution to see the pointer in the top left corner)

http://www.insanelym...2

redeck2

redeck2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

@ redeck2
just add AppleACPIPlatform.kext original from lion instead of mine AppleACPIPlatform.kext(he is the reason of kp)

ok
kp iopcifamily.kext i will add the original one

ok lion load but i cant see the cursor

redeck2

redeck2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
we need to pach RadeonHD.kext to get it work on lion
i think this is the only solution because we got full resolution and lion detect ati x1350

onestzle

onestzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

we need to pach RadeonHD.kext to get it work on lion
i think this is the only solution because we got full resolution and lion detect ati x1350

RadeonHD.kext works with the IONDRVSupport.kext to make graphics acceleration work…so if u want to use RadeonHD u must use a IONDRVSupport.kext from 10.6.7,don't use any graphic injects becouase they also use IONDRVSupport.kext….RadeonHD.kext is not yet fully compatible with lion and 10.6.8,that is the reason you must use 10.6.7 files to make it work…My testing made ati x1350 work with 10.6.8 with full resolution and graphics acceleration,but same files used to get 10.6.8 work ,don't work on lion...

onestzle

onestzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on HP 6820s can't go to sleep,it just blocks,pointer can move but nothing responds,using dsdt from 10.6.7 that worked dosn't fix the problem,using the sleepenabler.kext also dosn't fix the problem...any advice on how to fix sleep ??

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts

Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on HP 6820s can't go to sleep,it just blocks,pointer can move but nothing responds,using dsdt from 10.6.7 that worked dosn't fix the problem,using the sleepenabler.kext also dosn't fix the problem...any advice on how to fix sleep ??

I am almost sure the dsdt 6820s v025 test2 is NOT the problem, at least NOT in Snow. I think could be a non-vanilla, incompatible old graphics drivers, and/or maybe the new profile combination can to affect-prevent-block the sleep function, I mean all related to the GPU software support. So, please try booting into VESA mode (no driver loaded) and test go to sleep.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy