• Please log in to reply
1442 replies to this topic

alemate23

alemate23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

I could make it work, but only in 32bit mode. I combined the Lion's AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext with a snow leo's FB kext, and the mouse problem was gone and QE/CI is ok!

Fantastic! Now we have to solve the problem of high temperatures

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Could someone please post their /extra folder and the kexts used to get Lion up and running?

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Could someone please post their /extra folder and the kexts used to get Lion up and running?

I just notice that the new version chameleon for lion can't load E/E kexts properly when using the UseKernelCache=yes , so the easy way to solve this is put all the kext to the S/L/E folder.

TruongSinh

TruongSinh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Really looking forward to the update of LION on the first page of this thread!

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,415 posts

I could make it work, but only in 32bit mode. I combined the Lion's AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext with a snow leo's FB kext, and the mouse problem was gone and QE/CI is ok!

That was really Sweet! So, also getting to my laptop better temps of course, because no more intermittent 5-10% CPU load every 2-4 seconds in kernel_task process. Now is high "idle" % as should be (like snow). THANK YOU SO MUCH.

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Thanks for the x3100 kexts Sanya.

@juanerson, could you please post your DSDT and the kexts used to get Lion running? So far Ive managed to get Wifi, gfx, sleep, sound and trackpad working. Wondering how you getting normal temperatures?

Edit: Spoke too soon, seems like I added some kext that started causing it not to sleep. Only things I changed were VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2 and Ethernet kext

Edit 2: Managed to get the Battery meter working using the attached kext in S/L/E. Although battery meter is working in the menubar, it doesn't display the info in System Profiler.

Attached File  AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip   38.57KB   30 downloads
Edit 3: Sleep working by putting new SleepEnabler kext for Lion in S/L/E

Any luck with and temperature issues?

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,415 posts

Edit 2: Managed to get the Battery meter working using the attached kext in S/L/E. Although battery meter is working in the menubar, it doesn't display the info in System Profiler.

Edit 3: Sleep working by putting new SleepEnabler kext for Lion in S/L/E

Any luck with and temperature issues?

My report:
1) Battery kext not worked here... X in menu bar as always and from DP1... So, maybe your dsdt is different?
2) We don't need sleepenabler kext at all (even in Lion) from May 2010 (new dsdt).
3) To solve "temperature issues" we need an AppleACPIThermal kext fully working, that do not exist at moment for 10.7.
Thank you anyway.

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Im using your DSDT from may 2010 and I installed that kext for battery in S/L/E and it worked. Although I must mention I didnt add any additional kexts in /E/E myself, I used the Extra's folder included in this guide http://www.insanelym...p...t=0&start=0

Im sure it included NullPowerManagement kext hence why I had to use SleepEnabler. If I added my own kexts (FakeSMC, DeviceMergeNub and Intel82566MM) my keyboard and trackpad wouldnt work. Had to manually connect my USB mouse and keyboard to get it working even though I have VoodooPS2 in S/L/E.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,415 posts

Im using your DSDT from may 2010 and I installed that kext for battery in S/L/E and it worked. Although I must mention I didnt add any additional kexts in /E/E myself, I used the Extra's folder included in this guide http://www.insanelym...p...t=0&start=0

Im sure it included NullPowerManagement kext hence why I had to use SleepEnabler. If I added my own kexts (FakeSMC, DeviceMergeNub and Intel82566MM) my keyboard and trackpad wouldnt work. Had to manually connect my USB mouse and keyboard to get it working even though I have VoodooPS2 in S/L/E.

Please, can you upload your DSDT, and ioreg from Lion?? By the way, please let me tell you one thing, related to sleepenabler "had to use" in your case... so, I need to ask why you install a NullCPU kext if you have a Core2Duo processor? C2D is vanilla (Apple kernel support), therefore that have absolutely no sense in the hackintosh world my friend... because you are blocking the native power management (I mean SpeedStep for example).

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Please, can you upload your DSDT, and ioreg from Lion?? By the way, please let me tell you one thing, related to sleepenabler "had to use" in your case... so, I need to ask why you install a NullCPU kext if you have a Core2Duo processor? C2D is vanilla (Apple kernel support), therefore that have absolutely no sense in the hackintosh world my friend... because you are blocking the native power management (I mean SpeedStep for example).

I really appreciate your help ;) I didnt know what kexts to put in /E/E since I couldnt boot after putting the same kexts from Snow Leo and having just FakeSMC and VoodooPS2, my keyboard and trackpad wouldnt work. If you tell me what kexts you used in /E/E I could change my setup, so far everything is working with my current setup (apart from the temp issue, which we cant help as you said)

I have attached the DSDT im using, what part of IOReg did you want me to paste?

Attached Files

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,415 posts
Thank you. Please I need the entire .ioreg file extracted with IORegistryExplorer.app (File -- save a copy as) from Lion.

P.D. Please read the recently posts (the last 7 pages), to understand that we are using the same kexts than have "fully" working in Snow, almost the exactly same we all know here (in my signature the links), and especially at least "in my case" all them from /S/L/E. These is practically the new rule-condition for Lion. I mean all extensions installed on /S/L/E, due to his particular main cache (prelinked kernel), because can be booster (see -v mode) only by using the chameleon flag "UseKernelCache=Yes" available in chameleon r760 and up, which exclude the /E/E folder and /E/Extensions.mkext cache.

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Here is my IOReg file as you requested. Hope its helpful.

Thanks for the tip regarding the kexts, I will check it out and read the last few pages once again on this thread.

Attached Files

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,415 posts
@dakku. Please, the last questions I promise:
1) Which Lion.app version of Golden Master you have installed: GM from internet sites or GM from App Store (retail)?
2) Have you installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow 10.6.7 or 10.6.8? Of course, that's explain the battery functionality. No more comments about it. BTW, thank you again.

@To all, guys take a look to the Slice's Chameleon Branch r1208 in my signature (link). Is Snow-Lion ready, and the better part, CPU auto detection directly from BIOS, bring full BUS and FSB perfect support in my case. I love this bootloader, and in my opinion is THE BEST right now. Attached my /Extra/two.plists for flags reference that I am using at moment.
Attached File  Captura_de_pantalla_2011_07_27_a_las_13.22.06.png   79.08KB   45 downloads Attached File  Captura_de_pantalla_2011_07_27_a_la_s__13.29.46.png   86.89KB   42 downloads
Particular Key Flags in this great Branch (Big thanks to Slice):
[codebox] <key>GetCPUfromBIOS</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>PS2</string>[/codebox]
Notes: Just in case, I have NO audio stuttering because I am loading full C-States support (tables) in my dsdt. Consider it.

Attached Files

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
@juanerson, Lion version is GM off the internet, not the app store version, since the build numbers were the same I didnt bother to update

AppleACPIPlatform.kext is from 10.6.8 I think, I hadnt updated my Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 so I downloaded this kext off this forum (where someone was having battery meter issues too)

Thanks for all your help ;) I will try out the bootloader you've suggested too.

Edit: It really bothered me that my CPU temp was as high as 80 degrees C. So I was playing around with a few kexts from Snow Leopard and realised that I managed to bring it back to normal temp once again! I added Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_1065.kext and AppleACPIThermal.kext to S/L/E and Im back to 50-54 degrees C with 7-8 applications running. I know this might not be the best method but it just means that my temps are back to normal and I finally have a fully usable hackintosh running Lion.

alemate23

alemate23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

@To all, guys take a look to the Slice's Chameleon Branch r1208 in my signature (link). Is Snow-Lion ready, and the better part, CPU auto detection directly from BIOS, bring full BUS and FSB perfect support in my case. I love this bootloader, and in my opinion is THE BEST right now.

Great! +300 in my Geekbench! Thanks Juanerson. I've the same score on Lion, also. The only problem is audio stuttering. I've a t5270, can I add full C-States / P-States in my dsdt? I've read your posts but i'm afraid of making mistakes.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,415 posts
Good to hear! And of course, as I said before I am sure that EVERYBODY HAS C-STATES HARDWARE SUPPORT BROKEN FROM 10.6.8 due to new ACPI structure check (AppleACPIPlatform.kext), including Lion.

But in our specific case, to solve this problem in our laptop models, just add (copy-paste) the code from HERE to your dsdt. Is easy, should remember to change three (3) parts in two (2) SECTIONS based in DSDT v0.20:

1) On top of the dsdt (first section), add "External (CFGD)" near to other Externals (before or after no matter in this part).

On Cores (second section). "Scope (_PR)" This big scope include the two (2) cores (processors CPU0 and CPU1):
2) Add the respective long code inside CPU0, in the beginning of this part, I mean before "Name (C002, Zero)".
3) Add the respective code inside CPU1, same criterial as above, but in this part before "Method (PPC, 0, NotSerialized)".

And finally, save the file and compile it. Good Luck to everyone.

TIP: To do an alternative perfectly safe test way from another folder, I mean leaving intact your actual dsdt in /Extra to boot normally if something goes wrong (KP)... You guys can create one experimental folder named DSDTtest (example), and place the resultant dsdt.aml there. Then, copy that folder on root directory (/) of your system, and call the new dsdt from Chameleon Darwin prompt by typing: "DSDT=/DSDTtest/dsdt.aml" w/o quotes and enter.

Note: After full C-States support, the expected real gain with correct BUS clock & FSB is about 100-130 points in geekbench.

alemate23

alemate23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Good to hear! And of course, as I said before I am sure that EVERYBODY HAS C-STATES HARDWARE SUPPORT BROKEN FROM 10.6.8 due to new ACPI structure check (AppleACPIPlatform.kext), including Lion.

Please, can you take a look of my dsdt_edit.dsl? I've already compiled and tested it, works.

Last thing, i'm using Legacy_Speedstep, but i've read that you're using ACPI_SMC original from Apple. Can i use it (changing smbios.plist in macbook3,1)? Or I have to edit macbook3,1.plist inside kext folder?

Thank you and sorry for my English :P

Attached File  dsdt_v0.20_edit.dsl.zip   24.22KB   14 downloads

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,415 posts
1) DSDT is ;)
2) About native SpeedStep for Lion: THIS was my first report in May. And is the same way right now (even in Snow), because in 10.7 is not possible to use injector (legacy) at moment due to the new AppleACPIPlatform (as the problem with fan control & battery meter)... So, personally I don't think that will be activate SS by injector anymore. Then, for SS directly from the Apple profile (Resource MBX_Z.plist) read again: Posts 1003, 1016 and 1017. Optionally, posts 1020 and 1024. Good Luck.

max414

max414

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys, :wacko:
I am using HpCompaq6720s(c2d t5470 @1.6ghz)(2gb ram) machine with a broadcom wifi card. I desire to run snow leopard on it.
Right now i am using windows 7 sp1 x86..
I have the 10.6 retail disc written to a 16gb usb and hp boot cd 0.3(written to cd-r)
Now the prob is when I boot through the hp boot cd 0.3 and run the mac installer ,it tells me to repartition my hard disk using the GUID table ,
I dont want to lose my windows 7 and all my data :(
is There anyway i can avoid deleting everything on my hard drive ?

And with the latest updates/fixes , What compatibility issues would i have with 10.6 installation?
I read the broadcom wifi works, is that correct?
I read that there is a hacked bios with a white list removed , do i need to install that and replace my wifi card?
or my boroadcom would work just fine?

alemate23

alemate23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

2) About native SpeedStep for Lion: THIS was my first report in May. And is the same way right now (even in Snow), because in 10.7 is not possible to use injector (legacy) at moment due to the new AppleACPIPlatform (as the problem with fan control & battery meter)... So, personally I don't think that will be activate SS by injector anymore. Then, for SS directly from the Apple profile (Resource MBX_Z.plist) read again: Posts 1003, 1016 and 1017. Optionally, posts 1020 and 1024. Good Luck.

I don't know what part remove from my macbook3,1.plist

Using plist from post 1017

<key>IOPlatformThermalProfile</key>	<dict><-- from here -->		<key>CStateDict</key>		<dict>			<key>CSD2</key>			<dict>				<key>C5Add</key>				<dict>					<key>enable</key>					<true/>					<key>exit_reg</key>					<dict>						<key>desc</key>						<string>C5_EXIT</string>						<key>offset</key>						<integer>168</integer>						<key>regFlags</key>						<integer>134217728</integer>						<key>type</key>						<integer>1</integer>						<key>width</key>						<integer>32</integer>					</dict>					<key>level_reg</key>					<dict>						<key>desc</key>						<string>C5_LVL</string>						<key>offset</key>						<integer>23</integer>						<key>regFlags</key>						<integer>134217728</integer>						<key>type</key>						<integer>2</integer>						<key>width</key>						<integer>32</integer>					</dict>					<key>primRes</key>					<dict>						<key>ConvM</key>						<integer>1000</integer>						<key>ConvN</key>						<integer>279365</integer>						<key>desc</key>						<string>C3_RES</string>						<key>maskCntr</key>						<integer>16777215</integer>						<key>offset</key>						<integer>84</integer>						<key>regFlags</key>						<integer>134494208</integer>						<key>shiftCState</key>						<integer>3</integer>						<key>type</key>						<integer>2</integer>						<key>width</key>						<integer>32</integer>					</dict>					<key>secRes</key>					<dict>						<key>ConvM</key>						<integer>1000</integer>						<key>ConvN</key>						<integer>279365</integer>						<key>desc</key>						<string>C5_RES</string>						<key>maskCntr</key>						<integer>16777215</integer>						<key>offset</key>						<integer>88</integer>						<key>regFlags</key>						<integer>134494208</integer>						<key>shiftCState</key>						<integer>5</integer>						<key>type</key>						<integer>2</integer>						<key>width</key>						<integer>32</integer>					</dict>					<key>snoop</key>					<integer>55000</integer>				</dict>			</dict>			<key>MacBook3,1</key>			<string>CSD2</string>		</dict><-- to here -->		<key>ConfigArray</key>		<array>			<dict>				<key>WWEN</key> = ';

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy