HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

It works perfectly with 10.6.7,modifed ATIRadeonX1000.kext for graphics acceleration (x1350 device id added) and RadeonHD.kext for resolution (modifed with 6820s screen edid) In Lion these hacks won't work,if we modife Lion ATIRadeonX1000.kext it goes KP,can't boot until return of original ATIRadeonX1000.kext..

Maybe it is stupid but how do i/we create macbookpro2,2 smbios ?? chameleon wizard dosn't have 2,2 profile

Thank You for share your information. To make any profile I prefer do it manually by collecting the data present in smbios.plist file... for example a precise search in google like MacBookPro2,2 dmi.bios is very helpful. BUT you can start by using champlist, ONLY if you don't care about to learn "how-to" smbios.plist works. Good Luck.

EDITED:

My smbios.plist:

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_11_01_a_la_s__19.46.03.png

PLEASE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR 10.6.8 & 10.7. See there is NOT my own-genuine SERIAL NUMBER for prevent iCloud "max exceeded connections" problems. BUT MUST MATCH as you can verify HERE (another useful site). Therefore, to understanding the Mac Serial number and create yours (not shared), please see this Article (courtesy by Prasys).

For MB4,1 profile users (Penryn CPU):

0P0 = T8100

0P1 = T8300

i'v made it using champlist,please take a look at it ,motherboard and bios version got from here .. anything else needed to add?? Anyway Big Thanks for Your help

EDITED

Okay,i'v created my own genuine serial number.

New smbios.plist.zip is here with with the macbookpro2,2 NON-genuine serial number ...

W0H =T7600 Merom (2.33 GHz)

X6A =T7400 Merom (2.16 GHz)

...What's next (6820s has T7250 Merom(2.00 GHz))??? smbios.plist works great on 10.6.8 , temp of cpu is 48c on normal work to max 65 on heavy work

Here are the kext needed for full resolution support on 10.6.8.

Kexts Needed

2 step install

1. Edit the edid in radeonhd.kext to match your 6820s laptop monitor(for how to look here )

2. Using Kext Wizard add everything in S/L/E repair permission n cache,restart with -f -v flags on boot

For safety save the original kexts that you will replace)

I assume that this method will work on Lion also becoause Lion and 10.6.8 use same way of loading ati graphics

EDITED

From my 10.6.7 I'v deleted every ati kext in my 10.6.8(made backup of kexts) and replaced it with every ati kext from 10.6.7(my 10.6.7. has full resolution and graphics acceleration) and now finnaly 10.6.8 has full resolution and graphics acceleration...ps i'v done my "2 step install" method in 10.6.8 before i did this delete n replace (i know i didn't have to replace every ati kexts,but i don't have nervs to figure out what specific kexts needed to be replaced) also if anyone has graphics glich problem(open radonhd and set " enableHWCursor " to false

@ redeck2 test this method in lion( i assume it will work)

EDIT:

Forget everything i'v posted previusly,use this method to get QE/CI and full resolution support in 10.6.8(tested and works fully)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=135410&st=1340&p=1815492&&do=findComment&comment=1815492

Read Up again please. The serial number NOT match accord to the model you set, so you need to find a REAL Mac serial number from MBP2,2 as point of start for apply the Prasys's procedure. Also, the next time please keep your own build new serial only for you! ONLY share the rest of data.

@ redeck2

just add AppleACPIPlatform.kext original from lion instead of mine AppleACPIPlatform.kext(he is the reason of kp)

EDITED

…pointer is there(top left corner) but it dosn't move,mouse moves,pointer dosnt(change resolution to see the pointer in the top left corner)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=135410&st=1340&p=1815492&&do=findComment&comment=1815492

@ redeck2

just add AppleACPIPlatform.kext original from lion instead of mine AppleACPIPlatform.kext(he is the reason of kp)

ok

kp iopcifamily.kext i will add the original one

ok lion load but i cant see the cursor

we need to pach RadeonHD.kext to get it work on lion

i think this is the only solution because we got full resolution and lion detect ati x1350

RadeonHD.kext works with the IONDRVSupport.kext to make graphics acceleration work…so if u want to use RadeonHD u must use a IONDRVSupport.kext from 10.6.7,don't use any graphic injects becouase they also use IONDRVSupport.kext….RadeonHD.kext is not yet fully compatible with lion and 10.6.8,that is the reason you must use 10.6.7 files to make it work…My testing made ati x1350 work with 10.6.8 with full resolution and graphics acceleration,but same files used to get 10.6.8 work ,don't work on lion...

Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on HP 6820s can't go to sleep,it just blocks,pointer can move but nothing responds,using dsdt from 10.6.7 that worked dosn't fix the problem,using the sleepenabler.kext also dosn't fix the problem...any advice on how to fix sleep ??

Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on HP 6820s can't go to sleep,it just blocks,pointer can move but nothing responds,using dsdt from 10.6.7 that worked dosn't fix the problem,using the sleepenabler.kext also dosn't fix the problem...any advice on how to fix sleep ??

I am almost sure the dsdt 6820s v025 test2 is NOT the problem, at least NOT in Snow. I think could be a non-vanilla, incompatible old graphics drivers, and/or maybe the new profile combination can to affect-prevent-block the sleep function, I mean all related to the GPU software support. So, please try booting into VESA mode (no driver loaded) and test go to sleep.

Yes, it works for linux and windows, also works for snow leopard 10.6.x too. Just doesn't wakeup automatic for lion when open lid, sleep is ok.
Try by adding the STA (state) line in the capture, to the SleepButton (SLPB) device.

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_11_05_a_las_18.49.59.png

I am almost sure the dsdt 6820s v025 test2 is NOT the problem, at least NOT in Snow. I think could be a non-vanilla, incompatible old graphics drivers, and/or maybe the new profile combination can to affect-prevent-block the sleep function, I mean all related to the GPU software support. So, please try booting into VESA mode (no driver loaded) and test go to sleep.

using 10.6.8 without this my method of "graphics patches",that is with original files it goes to sleep normaly with the dsdt v025 test2(with mbp3,2 or mbp2,2 profile),but than there is no graphics acceleration,now with use of the "graphics patches" there is no sleep..also when i boot with -v when using this "graphics patches" these kexts cant load(some error,some just write they cant be loaded) AppleGraphicsControl,AppleMCCSControl,AppleBacklight...the system loads then normaly and everything work except sleep....

Edited

What kexts are connected to sleep,that is to what kext sleep "talks" before it goes to sleep???

these are some of kext moved from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 that make graphics acceleration work : IOPCIFamily,IONDRVSupport,IOGraphicsFamily,AppleACPIPlatform and the rest are the ati kexts..are any of these connected to sleep in anyway??

First, I want to see your ioreg with "patches drivers" loaded... BUT send it to me via a PM... I will NOT share your SERIAL.

+

Second, I need a genuine MacBookPro2,1 or 2,2 ioreg to compare some things in the graphics part. Can you find it please?

Edited

What kexts are connected to sleep,that is to what kext sleep "talks" before it goes to sleep???

these are some of kext moved from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 that make graphics acceleration work : IOPCIFamily,IONDRVSupport,IOGraphicsFamily,AppleACPIPlatform and the rest are the ati kexts..are any of these connected to sleep in anyway??

EDITED: To many drivers moved... so, it is so difficult to isolate the cause. It is really necessary all that move? Are some other users following "your method"? Another alternative way? Please, we need to know the precise information, and report(s).

okay i'll test again moving one kext at the time to see what kext are needed to make graphics acceleration work on 10.6.8...No there is no alternative way to get full resolution support or graphics acceleration in 10.6.8...I'll pm you the results when i'm done with finding the correct kexts that need to be moved..For 6820s this is the only way to get 10.6.8 graphics acceleration becouase of new framebuffer style apple used in 10.6.8 and 10.7...

Hi folks, I want to share a new way to me about dsdt + ssdt loading tables:

1) In DSDT, my processors section (Scope _PR) I leave it only with this code (see also the first capture):

CODE

Scope (_PR)

{

Processor (CPU0, 0x01, 0x00001010, 0x06) {}

Processor (CPU1, 0x02, 0x00001010, 0x06) {}

}

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_11_11_a_las_18.37.43.png

2) Then, I put the attached files C-States tables 5 and 6 (any CPU supported) into the /Extra folder:

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_11_11_a_las_18.46.24.png

After restart you should have all normally, with C-States support from factory ssdt tables, like in 10.6.7 (and prior).

- Note about P-States (my CPU is T8100 2100 MHz): In the same direction, in the next capture you can see my five (5) default P-States including IDA (2300 MHz) from firmware (see PM ssdt table 4). Both, IORegistryExplorer (detailed values) and CoolBook (single table), show me all the information I need to know about frequencies end voltages loaded:

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_11_11_a_las_20.21.12.png

3) OPTIONAL: Implementation of custom P-States (with undervolt applied). I attached my SSDT-7.dsl table "as reference" at this point. Please read the explanations and legend about IOreg, multipliers and voltages. I think It is really very easy to understand how to do it. But, ONLY test this if you know what are you doing, and at your own risk (NEVER UP VOLTAGES).

When you finish, then must copy to /Extra both compiled files (.aml) P-States tables 7 and 8 to load your changes:

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_11_11_a_las_20.06.40.png

See for example the results from my SSDT-7 table, after implement my own custom P-States (Now I have 7, without IDA):

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_11_11_a_las_21.52.19.png

- Note about CoolBook (just for monitoring): I have installed the 2.20 version (attached for clean install) because the latest release 2.22 does not read my P-States correctly. This is a known issue in this thread.

- Tip for testing purposes: it is NOT necessary to reinstall CoolBook to see the changes in MHz & V., and after every change applied to the table 7. JUST close (Exit) the Application -- and trash the config-settings file (in your useraccount folder):

/Users/juanerson/Library/Preferences/se.coolbook.CoolBookController2.plist

Immediately open it again, and the .app will take the new P-States and Voltages, but "of course" if you restarted Mac OS X with different values in SSDT-7 table. In conclusion, do that after every change in table 7, and his respective restart.

I hope you like and enjoy it. Good Luck.

EDITED: Even by this way, if you like it, you can go back to use the Legacy_SpeedStep injector (info.plist) installed in /S/L/E, both in Snow (the same from 10.6.5) and Lion (building a new one), for native SS with MacBook3,2 (merom) or MacBook4,2 (penryn) Fake profiles (just the "SMproductname" change in smbios.plist), keeping vanilla the resource MB3_1.plist or MB4_1.plist on /S/L/E... IOPlatformPlugin... I mean, free of break from Combo Updates. Works great for me.

C_States_Tables_5_6.zip

Custom_P_States_Tables_7_8_OPTIONAL.zip

CoolBook_220.dmg.zip

• Like 1

I hope you like and enjoy it. Good Luck.

Hi Juanerson,

I am interested in using your speedstep variables to reduce power consumption and we have same processor.

I replaced scope pr section as you mentioned and copied ssdt-5-8 to /Extra.

Chameleon svn 2.1 v1700 is installed.

It does not load the ssdt tables at boot.

Is there a variable to set in org.chameleon.Boot.plist or anything else to force chameleon to load those tables?

Is there a variable to set in org.chameleon.Boot.plist or anything else to force chameleon to load those tables?

Hi. No, you don't need to force anything because could be dangerous for you. Furthermore, the technical reason why is not loading the tables from my laptop is because we have different laptop models, and the most probably different SSDT tables (from BIOS). Please use yours, and build your own customize P-States (SPSS and _PSS) for your T8100, because voltages compared with mine can be different too... Therefore, I think it is a bad idea to use the same voltages from others, even if you have the same CPU model IMHO. Also, you could try just only loading the 5 and 6 tables for C-States. Let me know.

Looking to Wait=Yes at boot it shows that it don't load ssdt tables

Shouldn't it, even it doesn't match my hw?

I am almost sure it is a pure BIOS (for you hardware) miss-match reason of not loading the tables. Also, CPU has one "caller" ssdt table (number 4 for 6720s) located in memory from firmware, for communication (must be compatible) with that BIOS. Please re-check your DSDT, compare the PR Scope and ssdt tables with mines carefully... and finally use yours. Good Luck.

EDITED: Just for record, at this point (only loading C-States and custom P-States tables) please forget about to use DropSSDT=Yes. If you really want to use that flag, for example to unload SATA-PATA and TZ main table (those unnecessary ssdt tables in my case), then you need to put all the rest of your ssdt tables in /Extra, and being the most important of them the CPUpm table, wich is take it from the firmware as I said. So, at the end, it will load two-three tables less.

Example of how looks my CPUpm ssdt table (from my T8100 firmware):

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_11_15_a_las_17.55.37.png

Hi all,

I have HP 6730b laptop with Lion 10.7.2 using Chameleon 2.1svn r1684 and everything is fine except the known issues (no QE/CI and and no kext for the wireless AGN PRO/5100).

My problem is not accessing iCloud. I tried different SNs but I noticed the problem is that no matter which SN I use in smbios, the SN shown in system profile is staying unchanged despite it reads correctly from smbios during boot. So, I 'm stuck with the "Account limit reached" message.

Do I need to modify any thing to make it work ?

[solved] remove smbiosresolver.kext

TIA

post-512311-1321376302_thumb.png

I'm very new to this stuff so please bear with me.

I have an HP 6720s that I have managed to install SL on using the hack bios and the boot disk .03 as posted in the first entry on this topic.

I would like to install Lion on it now but when I made the attempt to install it says that I can not install Lion on this computer.

I think its due to the fact that I installed a 32 bit version of SL.

Any help would be appreciated

I would like to install Lion on it now but when I made the attempt to install it says that I can not install Lion on this computer.

I think its due to the fact that I installed a 32 bit version of SL.

Any help would be appreciated

1- Lion can't be installed over SL unless it's 10.6.8

2- The retail version of Lion can't be installed on HDD with MBR boot sector and you can't run it from the same partition that has SL installed.

You need the modified Lion DMG and you either burn it to a DVD or a bootable USB stick.

1- Lion can't be installed over SL unless it's 10.6.8

2- The retail version of Lion can't be installed on HDD with MBR boot sector and you can't run it from the same partition that has SL installed.

You need the modified Lion DMG and you either burn it to a DVD or a bootable USB stick.

Awesome thanks so much. Where do I get modified DMG?

This is what I get when trying to install lion.

post-915579-1321450445_thumb.jpg

post-915579-1321450458_thumb.jpg

Not sure what I did wrong.