HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Juanerson have you got a working AppleACPIThermal kext? Mine is gone and of course my laptop goes as hot as hell.

Have your got Speedstep working? As i can see here:

10.6.2 has changed the way the driver works. The speedstep´s trick we used before is no longer useful.

If you are using it, remove the legacy_Smc_platforplugin.kext and redo your extensions.mkext (pay extra attention if it was installed on /Extra/Extensions).

I have read from The King that speedstep can be restored setting on the smbios.plist file the model to macpro3,1. (But you need to have working ssdt information on your bios accesible by osx or integrated onto your dsdt).

Open DSDTSE and check ioregistry explorer, look under cpu section for ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin, select it, and on the right, look for cpuplimit, it appears then you have two chances:

cpuplimit=0×00 you have speedstep activated.

cpuplimit=any other value, you have speedstep, but not activated.

You don´t have cpuplimit: you don´t have speedstep, you have to integrate your ssdt information onto your dsdt.

We'll have to integrate our SSDT tables into our DSDT in order to get it working.

Yushir, I always did use and will prefer coolbook for perfect undervolt speedstep, btw now im only in x32, but Coolbook x64 version coming soon. Thanks to coolbook im on 48-52C (800mhz) and highter 60-64C (1600mhz) without AppleACPIThermal.kext, I mind without fan control, because not work properly, sometimes fan go off in 10.6.2 (x32) for me, the good thing is that when working fine keep the fan on with only battery, but is very unstable. Sometimes I can hear the tik but the fan not go up.

About use a macpro3,1 smbios.plist I dont testing yet but, you know that Macpro is not Macbook, maybe those option only work in desktop, I dont know... just is my noob opinion jajaja. I have a MB3,1 profile from /Extra and IOreg show me cpuplimit=0x03, then I have speedstep, but not activated.

Also, for speedstep you have anothers alternatives like pstate.kext and voodoopower, but the fan problem i dont know how can be resolved. Maybe BlackCH can help us, because I think like you said, is time for native speedstep working from dsdt, with DSDTSE 1.3.4 the SSDT tables can be extracted. At the same time, this tool have a cpucool hack and fan hack for testing.

I Hope all of us working together maybe can obtain something good. Bye.

Delete Extensions.mkext in /Extra, put the DSDT.aml, repair permissions with disk utility and reboot. Maybe help you. The same KP I got when I using kextutility 2.3.2 and 2.4.2, which repair permissions and create .mkext itself.

Delete Extensions.mkext in /Extra, put the DSDT.aml, repair permissions with disk utility and reboot. Maybe help you. The same KP I got when I using kextutility 2.3.2 and 2.4.2, which repair permissions and create .mkext itself.

Do you use blackch DSDT.aml without personal adjustments? We have similar laptops.

Hi MILAN0, maybe you need my last dsdt, I think is for you if you have 0x2a02 x3100 like me. After intensive research (line by line) in my dsdt and various failed attemps with the last dsdt by BlackCH, I conclude that we dont need GFX0 aditional entry patch in dsdt for properly boot in x32/x64.

Please, only you need see the wifi part on BlackCH.dsl (aml), and just copy paste the code for Broadcom (yours) over my 3945abg code entry. Also, I have 82562GT ethernet for your information if you need modifcate it too. All you need for to do the modifications is the DSDTSE 1.3.4 application.

Note: Always you must to work in .dsl and not the .aml file directly. Save every change in various copies in safe places and compile in each oportunity for testing.

My last dsdt is fully code without erased any device, and have it all the patches and fixes like BlackCH, but I dont see the benefits or advantages for SBUS aditional code, is not include (Please BlackCH, can you acclarate for all of us, would be great). Maybe later will take a look at code in DSDTSE for SBUS patch. Also, I did some cosmetics changes in CPU section, and IOAta Fix (properly vanilla IOAF.kext load). I made a little adjust in initial fan speed from 30% (BlackCH) to 35% for more cooler (only x32 with ACPIthermal.kext), please see section C393 and find information in linux forums for do this easy modification if is interesting for you, because the factory speed is 50% (too noise). This dsdt works better for me in 10.6.2, much better and stable.

Next Step: Include all the necesary code (I think is partially missed) from ssdt tables and migrate to dsdt for native speedstep. Someone help me please?

I hope this help! Bye.

P.D. Please forget all I said about Kextutility 2.4.2 (it works perfectly for install kexts and repair permissions), maybe the wrong dsdt make me crazy, but now is another history. Also, the last Voodoobattery 1.3.0 by Superhai (with correct dependencys in info.plist) works fine from /S/L/E.

EDIT: Voodoobattery 1.3.0 by Superhai make me randoms KP. I use the old 1.2.1 version.

EDIT: Attachments news: DSDT (without "cosmetics" changes in CPU) and Voodoobattery 1.2.1 Universal by Superhai 32/64 prev 1.3.0 without dependencys installation issues with kextutility 2.4.2.

Hi MILAN0, maybe you need my last dsdt, I think is for you if you have 0x2a02 x3100 like me. After intensive research (line by line) in my dsdt and various failed attemps with the last dsdt by BlackCH, I conclude that we dont need GFX0 aditional entry patch in dsdt for properly boot in x32/x64.

Please, only you need see the wifi part on BlackCH.dsl (aml), and just copy paste the code for Broadcom (yours) over my 3945abg code entry. Also, I have 82562GT ethernet for your information if you need modifcate it too. All you need for to do the modifications is the DSDTSE 1.3.4 application.

Note: Always you must to work in .dsl and not the .aml file directly. Save every change in various copies in safe places and compile in each oportunity for testing.

My last dsdt is fully code without erased any device, and have it all the patches and fixes like BlackCH, but I dont see the benefits or advantages for SBUS aditional code, is not include (Please BlackCH, can you acclarate for all of us, would be great). Maybe later will take a look at code in DSDTSE for SBUS patch. Also, I did some cosmetics changes in CPU section, and IOAta Fix (properly vanilla IOAF.kext load). I made a little adjust in initial fan speed from 30% (BlackCH) to 35% for more cooler (only x32 with ACPIthermal.kext), please see section C393 and find information in linux forums for do this easy modification if is interesting for you, because the factory speed is 50% (too noise). This dsdt works better for me in 10.6.2, much better and stable.

Next Step: Include all the necesary code (I think is partially missed) from ssdt tables and migrate to dsdt for native speedstep. Someone help me please?

I hope this help! Bye.

P.D. Please forget all I said about Kextutility 2.4.2 (it works perfectly for install kexts and repair permissions), maybe the wrong dsdt make me crazy, but now is another history. Also, the last Voodoobattery 1.3.0 by Superhai (with correct dependencys in info.plist) works fine from /S/L/E.

Thank you mate, I got your DSDT loaded with 64 bit!

Occasionally I got keypad stopped working and lost brightness control.

I think I need compare yours and blackch dsdt to understand why?

Maybe deleting the IRQs in the two devices for PS2 solve your problem for keyboard... BlackCH got this IRQs erased in his DSDT... but I dont know why Im need this IRQs for my keyboard.

For example, this lines you need to erase in both PS2 entries:

IRQNoFlags ()

{12}

BTW, please take a look to Slice dsdt from his dell inspiron 1525 for reference, maybe porting the code for device GFX works for you. I dont testing yet. Also he got a SBUS entry from Macbook4,1, a litle more simple that BlackCH added to his dsdt (MB3,1) in separate sections. Good luck. Bye.

Note: the brightness control in x64 dont works because invalid firmware message during boot, in x32 works fine. I have a question MILAN0, brightness control worked for you in x64 with BlackCH dsdt? For me in x64 not working and all the people which have x3100 said the same.

Hello Guys, sorry me for a little offtop in here but how can I get memory dump when I see deadscreen?

It occurs and the system stucks as is. Sometimes no deadscreen. I think I have faulty HDD but I checked its surface with MHDD and it is ok.

So I need a sort of utility that dumps memory at crashing moment.

Any advices?

Hi guys, I have native speedstep, with SSDT tables , adding p-states and c-states, and all working from DSDT. Can someone help me with translate to english my step by step, please? I speak spanish. Please send to me a PM. I have 6720s but it works also for similar hp models. I want to explain how I did add p-states and c-states to DSDT from SSDT tables, is a Hybrid way between DSDT - Vanilla Speedstep - Generic Scope (_PR) by FormerlyKnownAs and my own SSDT tables for specific cpu. For reference, see my DSDT with 4 customs p-states (Method _XPSS): 1600, 1400, 1200 and 800 (mhz) for my T5470. You need to use DSDTSE 1.3.4 editor. Was easy because the 6720s SSDT structure is really closer to macbook3,1 PSS (p-states) and Method _CST (c-states) structure. I want to test this with you.. Thanks.

Important Note: Do not use this DSDT if you dont have the same CPU like me, I do not want that you damage your CPU using incorrect values. Its only for reference.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: 03/12/09. Undervolt is also possible from this way, by small down FID-VID is results in low Voltage (mv). I am testing with my processor range, always down (never up), changes -0,01 by -0,01 (hexadecimal), and all this from my DSDT, I have a very stable system with excellent temperatures, even in x64 without fan control. Only three things separate to me to use x64: fan control, backlight control and sleep display. All working in x32.

Guys, Im really happy with my hackbook 3,1 now, with patience I have the best volts (FIDVID) for each p-state, the best lowest (mv) and what I got? The same or better results than with coolbook, the performance is amazing with macbook3,1 profile (smbios). With macpro3,1 profile was a torture for my cpu (because Xeon Treshold). I dont think to come back to coolbook for long time, I swear, because this is a easy and healthy native way! The best for me.

EDIT Dec-08/2009: Attach my last DSDT with full SSDT tables (all the code), for prevent possibles problems related to power management. I think with my last DSDT the fan control did not worked properly, now works fine only in x32. I have five customs p-states (undervolt), including IDA for better performance, and up to 40% of min fan speed (from 35%). If you want use it, you need to modificate the p-states accord with your CPU. DO NOT USE if you don't have the same CPU (T5470) PLEASE.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks yushir, the new FN button hack works for you? Not working for me, maybe because I have Spanish keyboard configured? Bye.

It's really not working. We can get Fn+F1 and Fn+2 to work. Fn+3 is remapped automatically to Ctrl+P, Fn+F6 can be remapped. Fn+F5 you can see in the kext source it calls directly to system sleep and Fn+F9... (volume) are mapped as so.

Fn+F7 and Fn+ F8 work directly on hardware and when AppleBacklight.kext loads up takes control of those, but as you can see we have the IG: Invalid firmware issue so we can't actually use those.

Fn hack doesn't work on our case, as we have only extended keys (you can see raw codes are E0 + XX), i think mac's extended one's are a bit different - like normal keys (you can look at ADB - PS2 conversion table on google - we're using those).

On my 6820s running 10.5.8 voodoo kernel this gives me a kernel panic when I place it in root. Juanerson I am trying yours now and expect the same. Do I need to edit this or do anything besides placing it in root for this to work for me? I have attached my dsdl file I got from DSDTSE if that helps.

dsdt

Juanerson your dsdt didn't cause a kernel panic but I do have one new issue. I was using the ATI frame buffer here. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586 to get full native resolution. It gave me full resolution quartzgl works but quartz extreme did not, should the dsdt give me QE? I also lost my mouse cursor. I got it back temporarily by increasing the size but it would disappear when I moved over anything I could click on. Now that I have put your in my root instead of it just disappearing I get a corruption that looks like a box of white lines. Is there a fix for this? Has anyone else experienced this? Did you get native resolution some different way? I know it's a lot of questions but I feel like I am on the edge of having a 100% hackintosh but can't figure out the last little bit to make it perfect.

dsdt___txt.txt

hp 6820s celeron 550 processor, 2 gig ram, raedon x1350 graphics chip, native screen resolution 1440X900.

iDeneb 10.5.6 install using a voodoo kernel, upgraded to 10.5.7 using software update.

Are there other specs you need that I didn't post?

RIGHT! Thanks Yushir. And for very important information: my last dsdt is only for C2D T5470 cpu. If you want to use my previous dsdt w/o SSDT tables, use the 24Nov DSDT.aml. Thanks.

For those that use chameleon this is the new: Chameleon 2 RC4 is released: http://chameleon.osx86.hu/.

This is the nonofficial package by Dr. Hurt (Post 32).

Bye.

P.D. With the RC4 we dont need anymore the platformUUID.kext. Editing the "com.apple.Boot.plist" from /Extra.