GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Damn. That didn't work at all. :)

Thanks, OMN, Chopped. Unfortunately, there's no debug information in either of your logs other than what kextload -v prints out.

Is there any debug info in your system logs for the kextload?

It's possible that the debug is being ignored-- maybe I asked you to put it in the wrong place in the log. I'd suggest changing it back to before. We can try something else.

Are either of you using Chameleon 2? If so, you can boot like this:

mach_kernel -v io=0xffff

If you could try that next time you boot, that would be great. Output will be in the system log. You'll need to have the non-FB (that is the 24A2AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext installed in /S/L/E).

Thanks,

-u

OMN, Chopped. Both of you *already* have

2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext loaded.

Can you unload it, and try loading with the edited plist? Before trying the rebooting?

I'll try this tomorrow, got a lot of work atm.. Hope that my boss lets me leave a little earlier tomorrow, so I can test again..

OMN-- the non-FB is deleted by the patch4500 script when you use the -r option for exactly the reason you ran into-- if it's there, you can't boot. So my bad-- I forgot to mention that you need to put it there. (A lot of times, I don't actually delete a kext I am futzing with-- I just move it to a file with a different extension than .kext, and that keeps it from loading. So I might do mv something.kext something.kext.try5 )

The system log is in /var/log/system.log . You can view it with Console in /Applications/Utilities .

-u

Well, tried but the output is the same to the first one I listed. Trying -v io=0xffff now

Just tried the io=oxffff , there's no system dump. how do you pull up system logs in the terminal? really out of practice here.

Cold, the 2a42 non-FB wasn't loaded till I ran that command, I just had stuck it into the /s/l/e folder before loading your command into the terminal.

OMN-- the non-FB is deleted by the patch4500 script when you use the -r option for exactly the reason you ran into-- if it's there, you can't boot. So my bad-- I forgot to mention that you need to put it there. (A lot of times, I don't actually delete a kext I am futzing with-- I just move it to a file with a different extension than .kext, and that keeps it from loading. So I might do mv something.kext something.kext.try5 )

The system log is in /var/log/system.log . You can view it with Console in /Applications/Utilities .

-u

You might have a look over this..

This is without the GA.plugin so you can see the 2a42appleintelgmax3100.kext and how it's being loaded.

brb, going to clear system log and give you a fresh log. had to search for when I did the io=0xffff

Edit*

That log is not what you was needing, I have attached the correct log you was needing now.

It's Named FRESH.systemlog.rtf

FRESH.systemlog.rtf

OMN, Chopped. Both of you *already* have

2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext loaded.

Can you unload it, and try loading with the edited plist? Before trying the rebooting?

what i did was edited the plist, saved the plist, then install the kext which has the edited plist via kext helper, i rebooted and then ran the script. was i supposed to do anything different?

-u

Coldequation, I was just reading through this post here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35970&st=120&p=502919), and as I was reading it, my mind started dwelling in yet (maybe) another explanation on the mouse disappearing thingie..

Is it possible that GMA X4500MHD needs some kind of string to initialize properly, something similar to the NVCap for nvidia cards? I'm going to see if my 4500MHD has some kind of similar string in its setup, well, trying to.. (the reason I'm going that way is cause OMN has about the same problem as catboy, with his dual screen setup.. That leads me to think maybe there's a string missing.. And maybe that might be the fix to the mouse problem, since catboy also had no mouse in certain cases.. Could be interesting to have more info on his case maybe (even though it's about completely different hardware?))

Sorry if I keep bugging you with stupid ideas, I don't understand enough of the register and hardware docs you posted, so I let you do all the hard work :$ :( I'm very thankful for all the energy you put in :D

Hi dear developers...i have a experience very diferent to tell...

Sorry my english, im a brazilian guy...

Just im very happy, because after +- 10 or more reinstall system, and many blue and black screen, finaly, im discovery a way "diferent" to get a real 1280x800 native resolution.

Here my steps:

1 - I instal my iDeneb 10.5.6.

2 - BEFORE update to 10.5.7, im install a program call DisplayConfigX (i have registered version *google).

3 - Im choose some resolutions, clicking and add 1280x800 (dont have in standart install).

4 - Update to 10.5.7 (original Kernel).

5 - Then, im using a version 20090705.2 bash (patch4500-1-v2.bash.zip)

** Atention: im using this command: -vrf 2A42 (read the explanation on old post's to do this) 

6 - Repair permissions with Disk Utilities and RESTART...

7 - Here the difference: no blue screen, no black screen, just apears after restart or 1024x768 or 1280x720 resolution, AND...LOOK in SYSTEM PREFERENCES because, there have to 1280x800!!! CHANGE AND OTHERS REBOOT JUST APEARS YOUR PREFERENCE *1280X800...

THIS IS A VERY EASY WAY to GET 1280x800..JUST (try) use DisplayConfigX preinstaled 10.5.6...for enjoy so dream resolution 1280x800@100hz...!!!! i can't believe since now...ooooowww!!!!

I hope this help many 4500 gma users, because my soul was very tired, many many installs, days, hours, but now, god listen our prayer (im a real beliver)....

Jesus is my Lord...so tks for great Job, and please, comes with driver soon..please!!!

SONY VAIO VGN-NS150AE intel 4500gma

ColdEquation: i need the driver for wireless 5100 link agn...work on this man!!!

Best regards...

**Warning: registered version permited add resolutions, and click in "install" what you choice (1280x800)...no garantee, but to me work like a charm..!!! And more detail...dont install this program on 10.5.7, and dont keep "install resolutions" in 10.5.7...because just you get a blue screen...so...

Will work fine if install in 10.5.6 first, and after intall the resolutions, in 10.5.6, so you restart and see ONLY 1024x768, its normal...

Next step is install 10.5.7 update, install patch, then you see the all resolutions that was installed on 10.5.6 ...not before...

MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE POST ME..

*google: 39BE-EF73-20BC

FUNCIONOU_patch4500_1_v2.bash.zip

post-411738-1248323410_thumb.png

post-411738-1248323808_thumb.png

Ideas are essential to figuring this out, so no worries. :)

I'm sure that there's some values that need to be present for proper initialization. But it's hard to know what without debugging. I'm still a week away from debugging-- it turns out that my wireless card was in a laptop that got exchanged in an extended warranty substitution (that's how I now have a 4500MHD to work with). So the retail chain is shipping me back my wireless card, but that won't arrive until some time next week ;)

I suppose in the meantime I can try to go looking through the 3100 kext. I wish that guy who said he was disassembling the 3100 kext would report back...

-u

Coldequation, I was just reading through this post here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35970&st=120&p=502919), and as I was reading it, my mind started dwelling in yet (maybe) another explanation on the mouse disappearing thingie..

Is it possible that GMA X4500MHD needs some kind of string to initialize properly, something similar to the NVCap for nvidia cards? I'm going to see if my 4500MHD has some kind of similar string in its setup, well, trying to.. (the reason I'm going that way is cause OMN has about the same problem as catboy, with his dual screen setup.. That leads me to think maybe there's a string missing.. And maybe that might be the fix to the mouse problem, since catboy also had no mouse in certain cases.. Could be interesting to have more info on his case maybe (even though it's about completely different hardware?))

Sorry if I keep bugging you with stupid ideas, I don't understand enough of the register and hardware docs you posted, so I let you do all the hard work :$ :P I'm very thankful for all the energy you put in :wacko:

EDID.

I mentioned to poco on irc that inserting EDID data for your internal panel may solve the cursor issue that lenovo users are having. This is a guess because supposedly the cursor is not a problem on an external display.

I don't know anything about EDID. So if anyone wants to volunteer info to help poco and other lenovo users to try fixing their cursor problems, please post on Tienneke's genius bar thread.

From what I understand, these are the steps:

1. Get the EDID data using a Windows program

2. Save it to a file on a USB key or accessible hard drive partition

3. boot osx.

4. Insert the EDID data using plist, Natit or DSDT.

5. reboot (and pray that it works :( )

-u

Max,

I start by installing the Program.... Set my NAtive Res. Then update to 10.5.7

once update is complete I run the Patch, then uninstall the Res. as that's the way I understood you.

However, after reboot. I get a Blue screen, that flashes to black showing the Verbose, then back to blue, back to black, blue, blue...

Seems as it's trying to work, but is hanging at the uuid startup...

EDID.

I mentioned to poco on irc that inserting EDID data for your internal panel may solve the cursor issue that lenovo users are having. This is a guess because supposedly the cursor is not a problem on an external display.

I don't know anything about EDID. So if anyone wants to volunteer info to help poco and other lenovo users to try fixing their cursor problems, please post on Tienneke's genius bar thread.

3. boot osx.

5. reboot (and pray that it works :( )

-u

Thanks cold will try that out, if I use the .plist do I use the RAW Data out put in the Boot.plist?

Will take me a few to try though, I need to reinstall osx the way it was before, becuase now the FB won't work even with the second monitor after try the graphicsconfigX.

Post bck shortly.

Max,

I start by installing the Program.... Set my NAtive Res. Then update to 10.5.7

once update is complete I run the Patch, then uninstall the Res. as that's the way I understood you.

However, after reboot. I get a Blue screen, that flashes to black showing the Verbose, then back to blue, back to black, blue, blue...

Seems as it's trying to work, but is hanging at the uuid startup...

Thanks cold will try that out, if I use the .plist do I use the RAW Data out put in the Boot.plist?

Will take me a few to try though, I need to reinstall osx the way it was before, becuase now the FB won't work even with the second monitor after try the graphicsconfigX.

Post bck shortly.

Well, this is what i did; hope it works for you, and it's super easy:

I installed iatkos v7 (10.5.7)

I cheked the video driver for X3100

(and then i checked whatever i needed for my system)

After installation the screen was obviously at 1024x768 still.

I got the patch from Tienneke's genius bar post...

Here!!

then applied that patch, and rebooted. (with no flags applied)

and my native resolution was working!!!

try that, hope it works.

I did not try with 10.5.6. I think I read somewhere that the v2 patch only works on 10.5.7,

but don't really know if I misread it (or where I even read it)

Hi Macnut, 

Sorry not work for you...

Im read your post, and see someting diference:

When you install your native resolution, you add more 1024x768 and 1280x720 too?

I ask, because im try only one resolution native, and not work...

I would need try many methods, but only work, twice, is this.

I ask you not give up, and here is step by step...

1 - I use iDeneb on my Sony Vaio, others not tested;

2 - 10.5.6 is my distro, and just install the program DisplayConfigX on 10.5.6... BEFORE up to date at 10.5.7 *

3 - The system will need restart when you update to 10.5.7. Here is the "secret": before you install update, you need have installed a DisplayConfigX (1.09 version is my) on 10.5.6. Because install direct to 10.5.7 not work for me...

4 - ** When you install on 10.5.6 the DisplayConfigX, you needed have registered version, restart before update to 10.5.7...and you install that 3 resolutions like picture, and when you restart ON 10.5.6, you not see this on system preferences yet. Just 1024x768. I dont know why, but after that, and not install the pacth yet, im get updtae 10.5.7, so then, no blue screen, and after restart system, and running 10.5.7 with old installs (DisplayConfigX), then im run patch...and use -vrf 2A42 (not 2a42). -vrf, because -vr not work to me.

I ask for you: try again, but dont forget to add this 3 resolution 1024x768, 1280x800 (custom) and 1280x720  HDTV-720p

Take "Allow system resolutions within range" on Monitor in DisplayConfigX *(see image)

And dont unistall the others resolution..please...keep only this 3...only choose what you need...ON SYSTEM PREFERENCES...NOT IN DISPLAYCONFIGX...

(*i think the native resolution is not reconigized by program DisplConfX, so you need add + custom...1280x800..)

More detail: im not touch on boot.plist, except quiet boot with OSX86tool, but not need to do this..

If you can, try keep 1280x800 on "resolutions", and "Custom", because native this program dont have, ok?

Dont forget keep 1280x720, because the first reboot after install patch, i see boot on 1280x720, and then, i change in system preferences (not touch in program anymore)...

SORRY MY ENGLISH AGAIN...

Good luck my friend, im install more then 12 times...rsrsrs!!! But now is easy...im sure that!!!

Best Regards... 

post-411738-1248460535_thumb.png

post-411738-1248460567_thumb.png

FUNCIONOU_patch4500_1_v2.bash.zip

Thanks, I'll give it another go, Got the Reg. version buy google.

Though, 1366x768 is my Native Res. I'll add a few of my native's as none of yours match mine

The other thing that might be hanging me, OSX don't detect my LCD unless I boot from my LCD tv, then it will auto-switch to my Laptop lcd. with the Options grey out for the 72Hz to 100Hz like yours has.

Might be the main cause why it won't work.... But, Giving it another shot.

Wish me luck ;)

Though, I do have 1. Question? do you have the FB loaded? If not, then this to me is not much good as were trying to get the FB load and QE/CI working.... Still a good method for switching res.

On a side note though, I can load the FB, if I have my TV hooked up and boot from it first, it will then auto-switch to my LCD on m laptop.... After which point I can change my Res. and it even detects my 1366x768 native Res. So I already have it working, My problem is due to OSX not detecting my Display correctly with the FB working.

MACNUT, I WISH GOOD LUCK FOR YOU..MY FRIEND...IM GLAD NOW!!!

TKS...

* * Humm, i have FB loading, you think is better i try deleted? I will...if you said to me...

About the others questions im so sorry, im not expert...just curious...rsrsrsr!!!

Im glad for you take get res (if i understand)...im only use bash and DisplayConfigX...here my kexts...i hope you can get what you need...

post-411738-1248463562_thumb.png

post-411738-1248463670_thumb.png

MACNUT, I WISH GOOD LUCK FOR YOU..MY FRIEND...IM GLAD NOW!!!

TKS...

* * Humm, i have FB loading, you think is better i try deleted? I will...if you said to me...

About the others questions im so sorry, im not expert...just curious...rsrsrsr!!!

Im glad for you take get res (if i understand)...im only use bash and DisplayConfigX...here my kexts...i hope you can get what you need...

No, Just wanted to make sure FB was loading is all.

Hope this fix my issue with the LCD not being detected with the FB loaded. Well, still d/l the update.

Will be a few before I can try this out.... Even if the Framebuffer don't load, and if this works, will be better than the 1024x768 I'm stuck at.

EDID.

3. boot osx.

5. reboot (and pray that it works :D )

-u

I'm not sure if the cursor works on external displays or not. It's my lines that go away with an external display. I don't have one ATM so I can't say. I have a little work to do right now so I can't get on and do the EDID yet. Will report back when I've had the chance.

iPoco

yes? Portugues (Portugal)

Sim já funciona

Monitor:

Tipo: Monitor

Bus: Integrado

VRAM (Total): 64 MB de memória do sistema partilhada

Fabricante: Intel (0x8086)

ID do periférico: 0x2a42

ID da revisão: 0x0007

Info da extensão Kernel: Kext não carregado

Monitores:

Monitor:

Resolução: 1280 x 800

Profundidade: Cor de 32-bits

Core image: Software

Monitor principal: Sim

Espelho: Inactivo(a)

Em linha: Sim

Quartz Extreme: Não suportado(a)

Monitor:

Monitores:

Monitor:

mac.1974

O meu computador encrava quando estou no youtube, QuickTime,iPhoto n funciona etc.....

o kext fax kom k o cursor desapareca

yes? Portugues (Portugal)

Sim já funciona

Monitor:

Monitores:

Monitor:

Monitor:

Monitores:

Monitor:

mac.1974

O meu computador encrava quando estou no youtube, QuickTime,iPhoto n funciona etc.....

o kext fax kom k o cursor desapareca

OLÁ MEU AMIGO...USASTE O MESMO MÉTODO QUE EU?? COM O DISPLAYCONFIGX?

ESPERO QUE SIM...NO CASO DO CURSOR DO RATO (MOUSE), AQUI FUNCIONOU PERFEITO...

ABRAÇOS, E O QUE PRECISAR ESTOU ÀS ORDENS...TKS!!!!

post-411738-1248465895_thumb.png