• Please log in to reply
764 replies to this topic

Nicklas

Nicklas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Thanks dude, it worked like a charm. Running 10.4.6 Jas Install DVD.

henson

henson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

10.4.5 patched DVD from newsgroups. Probably myzar based.

Thank you, I have the same version but with problem 'loaded version 1.9 of module IOPCIFamily differs from requested version' inside ;-)

VictorCL

VictorCL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi :) hey I try what you told .. and I get this :

Apr 23 03:53:13 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.
Apr 23 03:53:13 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Probing.
Apr 23 03:53:13 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting.
Apr 23 03:53:13 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0057, subsystem 0x1043:0x8141 opened.
Apr 23 03:53:13 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xD6000000 of length 4096.
Apr 23 03:53:13 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x23d49000, tx at 0x23d49400, wired at 0xf8ce000.
Apr 23 03:53:13 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:13:D4:B9:FF:FB.
Apr 23 03:53:13 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found PHY 0x5040:0x0003 at address 9.
Apr 23 03:53:14 victors-computer kernel[0]: com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address 00:13:d4:b9:ff:fb
Apr 23 03:53:14 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Enabling... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Apr 23 03:53:14 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting transmit/receive engines
Apr 23 03:53:14 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Network link down.

but then I set my ip and stuff I do a ping and it tells me that NO ROUTE TO HOST .. on the system preferences it shows THE CABLE IS NOT PLUG .. or something like that :(

I have an ASUS MOTHERBOARD A8N-E

hope you can help me
thanks
:)

Krycek

Krycek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you, this driver is working like a dream. Using A8N-SLI mobo.

Chrono86

Chrono86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Worked right away with no problems! Thanks!!!

Mac OSX Coder

Mac OSX Coder

Look a bunny!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
for my DFI lanparty, i have two LAN ports, for windows, it uses port #2, for mac, with this driver, it works with port #1, is there any way to update driver to use port #2? thanks

JaS

JaS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,487 posts

Thanks dude, it worked like a charm. Running 10.4.6 Jas Install DVD.

Glad to hear it's working with the install from the 4.6 iso :(

wkweksl

wkweksl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

for my DFI lanparty, i have two LAN ports, for windows, it uses port #2, for mac, with this driver, it works with port #1, is there any way to update driver to use port #2? thanks

You might want to try the Marvel 8001 drivers in this same subforum if you are using port #2.

darcagn

darcagn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Thanks a bunch. I've been running it for a few hours and it works excellently on my DFI LanParty Ultra-D board.

kraftfahrzeug

kraftfahrzeug

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi :graduated: hey I try what you told .. and I get this :

Apr 23 03:53:14 victors-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Network link down.

I get essentially the same thing, with my Epox 9NPA+, 10.4.6 JaS. I followed the instructions to the letter, including trying both with and without -nockd.

zu1u

zu1u

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
uber great job.. the drivers worked fine on my Asus A8N-SLI and Myzar 10.4.4/5 +6
looking forward to nVidia working now :(

untakenname

untakenname

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Got some major update!

Im running a A8N-VM Board with nforce 4 410 chipset.
I got all the stuff to work for now BUT, i wont get any ip adress, im just getting the ol 169.254.51.46, when I boot into windows I get an working ip! :/

Hi, I have the same mobo, did you ever find a solution?

Kervala

Kervala

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there !

I have a nForce 3 mother board from a Shuttle XPC and network device ID is not present in the list of IDs for the driver. I just come back to Win XP to look for this ID and it seems to be 0x00d6.

I'll add to the list, try again and inform you if it worked or not :blink:

wgeddes

wgeddes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Once you are happy with the performance, you can move it into the main extensions folder and kextload it automatically by adding this line to the top of the /etc/rc file using the nano editor.

"kextload /System/Library/Extensions/forcedeth.kext"

Thanks to planetbeing for writing this driver.

don't quite understand what you mean. works for my MSI K8N Neo4 but how do I get it to load every time I start the machine?

(posting this from safari)

planetbeing

planetbeing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Well, the semester is over, and I have some time to answer some questions, though I don't foresee me doing any more significant development on this.

@VictorCL: It looks like it's just not detecting an ethernet cable connected. If you have two ethernet ports on the computer, try connecting the cable to the other one.

@Mac OSX Coder: It really depends on the hardware, but it may be possible. Each port represents a different PHY. If the MAC (which is what the driver interacts with) can talk to both PHYs, then a modification of the PHY selection code can be made. Instead of selecting the first available PHY, you can select a different one. The code is in the start() function and you can change it yourself if this is the case. However, most of the times when motherboards have two ethernet ports, they have two different controllers. In fact, the second one can be operated by, say, a Marvell controller which means that obviously a nForce driver wouldn't be able to operate it.

@Fuzzlet: That's a bizarre problem. According to your log, OS X isn't really attempting to enable the driver. Try messing around with ifup to see if you can enable it manually. You should see, at least, Enabling 1 2 3, etc.

I'm not sure what's causing the kernel panics. The one I was trying to debug earlier: according to the documentation, there's no way that should happen. Not being a kernel debugger, I've run out of ideas.

Anyone getting superclass errors: The driver is based off of 10.4.5, which is my development platform. Most likely, it can be fixed with a recompile from the target platform (your computer), though it might be easier for you just to upgrade.

wkweksl

wkweksl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

don't quite understand what you mean. works for my MSI K8N Neo4 but how do I get it to load every time I start the machine?

(posting this from safari)

1. open terminal
2. sudo -s & enter your password
3. type "nano /etc/rc"
4. type in "kextload <your path>/forcedeth.kext" after the # on top of the rc file
5. save & exit

xtraa

xtraa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
Great, great job :)

Thanks a whole heap, my old realtec fcked up yesterday and this one makes me using my onboard lan (k8n neo4).

Worked out of the box with dhcp and router. :happymac: :blink:

anarklov3r

anarklov3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hey thanks for this driver it works perfectly... BUT

every time i reboot i have to reinstall it!

ive tried that Install driver script thingy but its not working for me!
what am i doing wrong?

xtraa

xtraa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

what am i doing wrong?

Open terminal: type in

sudo vi /etc/rc

after the # sign in the top of the file, just enter the

kextload /path/thekextthatyouwannaload.kext

That should fix the problem ;)

If you dont like vi editor, type sudo nano /etc/rc

Alternatively, you could change the plist "depends on safeboot" value.

dhess83

dhess83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
So, from what I gather from this thread, there is no nForce 3 network driver yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy