9/11: Global Poll Shows Doubt About al-Qaida Role

bofors

63 posts in this topic

>Learn the Truth about 9/11.

>Watch "Loose Change":

>http:video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501

just watched it, and i think everyone needs to watch it and make own conclusions..

It's quite interesting. It's a very polished, thoughtful and well organized presentation. I do, however, find it highly disappointing they would gloss over, misconstrue, and blatantly ignore several key points of actual evidence in favor of a rather painfully circumstantial construct.

Our desire to want something to be true can not make it so. The human condition makes an absolutely bias free interpretation of data impossible but we have learned a thing or two over the centuries of scientific discovery in mitigating the effect as best we can. The 9/11 conspiracists need to do a much better job in this regard.

I think OJ killed Tupac...and Biggie

Sorry I just wanted to interject something extremely asinine.

Seriously, you can take any information surrounded by theory, myth, or lack of facts and twist and turn it any way you want. I cannot believe so many people think the US Govt would be behind so many bad things. It's nonsense. Sure the government is not perfect, but I do not for a second believe something like 9/11 terrorist attacks would be staged in this way.

With that said, I wonder if polls taken in Palestine, Turkey & Germany would support the "view" that 6 million Jews were slaughtered in the holocaust.

So true, in Germany only about 99.9% would support that view. Where have you been the past 60 years, man?!?

>Learn the Truth about 9/11.

>Watch "Loose Change":

>http:video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501

just watched it, and i think everyone needs to watch it and make own conclusions..

I've watched it a couple of times, and it is very interesting, and raises a few interesting points.

But overall, the argument is flawed and mainly just circumstantial evidence and wild speculation.

Let's STAY ON TOPIC... (while I go off) :(

The polls are interesting but it is likely that some of the results are the way they are because of general distrust of the current US Administration. I mean the US sidelined Europe and stormed right into Iraq. As a result many Europeans don't look at the US vary favourably. So I'm sure we're seeing some/a lot of that here in the stats.

Also I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that I've just been told it was Al-Qaida without actually much proof being shown makes me wonder. It isn't enough to make me think it was the US Goverment. But it does make one think. Finally didn't one of the hijackers supposedly went into a bar for a few drinks or something the night before? Not exactly the actions you'd expect from a supposed wanabe martyr expecting to recieve 72 virgins when his intoxicated soul reaches God.

Anyway, interesting anyhow.

The lastest 9/11 poll in Germany by Heise:

http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/umfrage/ergebnis.shtml

heisepw5.jpg

- bin Laden & "al-Qaeda": 12%

- US government: 58%

- Saudi Arabia: 1%

- Other: 2%

- It doesn't mattter... 17%

- Who cares, it's past. 1%

- Don't know, anything is possible 9%

OK, here's some on-topic input:

I find these global polls to be quite interesting. But to take them as evidence for who did it is very foolish.

What a dumb thing to say. Of course, polls are not evidence.

I find the shear stupidity of people in this forum just amazing.

It is a wonder that you can even manage to operate a computer, so I certainly don't expect you understand the truth about 9/11.

The greatest engineering minds of our age and innumerable students under the tutelage of our greatest universities have examined this EXTREMELY popular topic to great length.

Excuse me? What are you talking about? Who are these "[great] engineering minds"?

Please post some links (or STFU!).

I cannot believe so many people think the US Govt would be behind so many bad things.

This is a telling quote. A perfect example of how brain-washed the American public is. It goes beyond merely denying that US government staged 9/11, it seeks to deny the poll results themselves.

Essentially, this guy is saying: "I cannot believe [what is true]".

**warning- opinion to follow***

**disclaimer - I do not intend this to be offensive or targeted to any person directly.**

No essentially what I am saying is..."I don't buy into {censored} conspiracy theory. I have no reason to not trust the government"

I don't base what I believe on some youtube {censored}, or global polls. Global polls are rediculous because they aren't effected by what they are polling.

Let me see ... um I am going to blame the government for bad things that happen, that way I can validate (to myself) that all the bad things that happen to ME are not MY fault, they are a result of a government who is trying to keep me down. Here are a few more examples in case you do not understand what I am saying a second time.

I beat my wife and kids BECAUSE my father beat me...in REALITY it is because I have no moral fiber.

I steal and rob people BECAUSE I am owed something...in REALITY it is because I am lazy.

I smoke crack and live a life of a degenerate BECAUSE I was poor growing up and never had a chance...in REALITY it is because I have no ambition.

What a dumb thing to say. Of course, polls are not evidence.

I find the shear stupidity of people in this forum just amazing.

I was referring to your post #23, in which you cited lots of websites containing evidence, then included the poll at the end of the list, without any sort of segue between what you presented as evidence and the poll results. That's why I mentioned it: it looked like you were citing polls as some sort of evidence.

I am glad to discover that you agree with me that polls are not evidence.

I have no reason to not trust the government.

That is a profoundly naive statement to make.

Have you even bothered to watch this?

(The Bush-Cheney regime lied about Iraq.)

I was referring to your post #23, in which you cited lots of websites containing evidence, then included the poll at the end of the list, without any sort of segue between what you presented as evidence and the poll results. That's why I mentioned it: it looked like you were citing polls as some sort of evidence.

I am glad to discover that you agree with me that polls are not evidence.

If you want to talk about the evidence that 9/11 was staged by the US government, I am more than happy to go through it with you.

World Trade Center (WTC) Building 7 is the "smoking gun" of 9/11: http://www.wtc7.net/

Anybody with a half-a-brain should be able to see that WTC 7 was demolished in a controlled demolition:

wtc7nm2.gif

If you can't figure that out after watching this, I suggest you go back to playing with blocks:

That is a profoundly naive statement to make.

Have you even bothered to watch this?

(The Bush-Cheney regime lied about Iraq.)

If you want to talk about the evidence that 9/11 was staged by the US government, I am more than happy to go through it with you.

World Trade Center (WTC) Building 7 is the "smoking gun" of 9/11: http://www.wtc7.net/

Anybody with a half-a-brain should be able to see that WTC 7 was demolished in a controlled demolition:

wtc7nm2.gif

If you can't figure that out after watching this, I suggest you go back to playing with blocks:

Oh great, you set him off :jester:

I guess someone has to fill the void JohnTheSavage left...

Dude...

This is exactly what I was talking about several posts back. Does it look suspicious? Absolutely! But IS it suspicious? That is the real question! And honestly! What is this analogy regarding the outer appearance of an orange and the engineering of a 47 story modern high rise really saying? If our species took everything at face value, we'd still be swinging from the trees!

After the disaster, a virtual corps of engineers descended on the WTC. The details... and I am not just talking about the rate and angle of collapse caught on video... have been disseminated far and wide. Universities, architectural and engineering firms in both the private and public sectors in every conceivable corner of the globe have a stake in finding out exactly what happened. Their entire profession depends on it! They have painstakingly examined the mountain of data collected. They have also enthusiastically debated the findings of FEMA, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Structural Engineering Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers (SEI/ASCE), the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), and the Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEAoNY), and many many others. Engineering is not a stagnant science! This tragedy provided a windfall of new and unexpected data that has advanced our understanding TREMENDOUSLY... all the while those standing on the sidelines have pointed fingers and speculated using what little fact they really understood.

Excuse me if I laugh here.

So what you are saying is that I can take time out between Guitar Hero III and my late night run for a Beto's Bean & Cheese, read a few blurbs, watch a few videos and see the truth? That same truth that alludes the tens of thousands of professionals and students who are either directly or indirectly involved in its discovery, invested millions of man hours, have a vested financial interest AND possess both the skill and education required for such a task? Wow! I must be a freaking genius!

It is also my understanding that the 474 credentialed architectural and engineering professionals referred to only signed a petition demanding Congress conduct a truly independent investigation. Sounds reasonable to me. They did not "certify that the World Trade Center (WTC) was destroyed in a controlled demolition." They also don't claim to have reviewed any of the published studies in detail. No doubt some have... but how many is that really out of the tens upon thousands worldwide who have?

If this isn't enough... It's amazing our bloated, corrupt, self-serving, greedy, and need I say GRIDLOCKED, government has managed to pull off the biggest, most complex, and yet oddly successful conspiracy the human race has EVER had the misfortune to experience. Not only have they managed to put a lid on everyone under their control but they have skillfully managed 99.9% of those outside their sphere of influence as well. JESUS H. CHRIST! THEY ARE GOOD! So why does everything else they attempt turn to ^_^ ?

The conspiracy theorists are welcomed to their opinion. They are also welcomed to sell their point of view to anyone who will listen. By these polls, I would say their cutesy videos and sound bytes are well tailored to their demographic. But I am also welcomed to tell the rational and sane not to buy their sales pitch too quickly. Both the science and logic in their assertions are severely lacking!

The lastest 9/11 poll in Germany by Heise:

http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/umfrage/ergebnis.shtml

heisepw5.jpg

- bin Laden & "al-Qaeda": 12%

- US government: 58%

- Saudi Arabia: 1%

- Other: 2%

- It doesn't mattter... 17%

- Who cares, it's past. 1%

- Don't know, anything is possible 9%

I don't know why you even brought that up? For one thing, only 5900 people (as of now) people have voted for this poll. And you ever stopped to think that the people that believe in conspiracy theories are the same people that visit these obscure German websites so they can vote in a poll that makes them think that there are other Germans that believe conspiracy theories and maybe they should do something about it? :tomato:

If this isn't enough... It's amazing our bloated, corrupt, self-serving, greedy, and need I say GRIDLOCKED, government has managed to pull off the biggest, most complex, and yet oddly successful conspiracy the human race has EVER had the misfortune to experience. Not only have they managed to put a lid on everyone under their control but they have skillfully managed 99.9% of those outside their sphere of influence as well. JESUS H. CHRIST! THEY ARE GOOD! So why does everything else they attempt turn to :censored2: ?

Now that is where it's at! You just hit the nail on the head, my friend. I don't think that anyone could not have said it any better than you just did. :)

If this isn't enough... It's amazing our bloated, corrupt, self-serving, greedy, and need I say GRIDLOCKED, government has managed to pull off the biggest, most complex, and yet oddly successful conspiracy the human race has EVER had the misfortune to experience. Not only have they managed to put a lid on everyone under their control but they have skillfully managed 99.9% of those outside their sphere of influence as well. JESUS H. CHRIST! THEY ARE GOOD! So why does everything else they attempt turn to ^_^ ?

Exactly!

Bofors, you give the US government too much credit.

Russian Poll: 84% Say Truth About 9/11 Being Deliberately Hidden

Steve Watson

Infowars.net

September 12, 2008

A new poll from a major Russian news outlet reveals that 84% believe that the truth behind the 9/11 attacks is being deliberately hidden by the U.S. government.

At time of writing, the poll on the Russia Today website indicates that only 16% of readers feel that the 9/11 Commission report represents the full extent of the evidence as to who carried out the attacks over seven years ago.

The 84% figure mirrors almost exactly that of similar polls conducted in 2006 and 2004.

http://www.infowars.com/?p=4500

I am pretty impressed,because the Germans and the Russians watched a movie, "ZERO" by a respected Italian journalist and politician, Member of the European Parliament:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giulietto_Chiesa

The movie was introduced, among others, by Gore Vidal and Nobel Prize winner Dario Fo:

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2008/09/379442.shtml

Zero: An Investigation Into 9/11, has one central thesis - that the official version of events surrounding the attacks on 9/11/01 can NOT be true. This brand new feature documentary from Italian production company Telemaco explores the latest scientific evidence and reveals dramatic new witness testimony, which directly conflicts with the US Government's account.

Featuring presentations from intellectual heavy weights; Gove Vidal, and Nobel Prize winner Dario Fo, the film challenges assumptions surrounding the attacks. In the words of Italian daily newspaper II Corriere de la Sera "What results is a sequence of contradictions, gaps and omissions of stunning gravity."

Filmmaker Urges International Tribunal to Probe 9/11 - Italian film-maker Giulietto Chiesa, who was in Berlin for a screening of his documentary which questions the official US version of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, has called for an international tribunal to probe events. Chiesa was in Berlin at the weekend for a screening of his film which features, among others, novelist Gore Vidal and playwright Dario Fo as well as retired American professor of philosophy David Ray Griffin who advances conspiracy theories that contradict mainstream accounts of events of 11 September, 2001.

Federal Aviation Administration controllers, US Air Force pilots, military commanders and physicists also appear in the critical documentary, which the director hopes will create "political awareness" of the "faulty" official investigation into the events by the 9/11 Commission. "Some of the individuals appearing in the film are former FBI and CIA agents, people who have in a sense taken a very big risk in speaking out. I am very grateful to them because they have done a big job," said Chiesa. "The film would not have been possible without them," he said, adding that ZERO had been seen in France and Belgium at individual screenings, and by more than 20,000 people in Italy. But the film so far has not gained a distributor in Europe.

In an interview with German news agency dpa, Chiesa, a European parliamentary deputy, said Russian television is to give prime time airing to his film on the eve of this week's seventh anniversary of the attacks in New York and Washington. "That means that some 30 million Russian citizens will learn the truth about what happened, which is a very big result for me."

Key Witness to WTC 7 Explosions Dead at 53

Emergency coordinator and 9/11 witness Barry Jennings has passed away with controversy about WTC7 still hot– as the BBC hit piece and NIST report have been released to counter Jennings’ exclusive testimony of explosions inside Building 7

Aaron Dykes - Infowars.com - September 16, 2008

Barry Jennings, a key 9/11 eyewitness who was an emergency coordinator for the New York Housing Authority, has passed away at age 53 from circumstances not yet disclosed. A spokesperson for the Housing Authority has now confirmed his death, after weeks of rumors circulating online, but refused to give any further details.

This office has not yet been able to contact anyone in the Jennings family and the official cause of death is not yet known, but online comments have reported the date of death as August 19, 2008.

It is very unusual that a prominent — and controversial– 9/11 witness would die only days before the release of NIST’s report on WTC7 and shortly after a firestorm erupted over his testimony that he heard EXPLOSIONS inside the building prior to collapse of either tower and that there were DEAD BODIES in the building’s BLOWN-OUT lobby.

Barry Jennings reiterated in the exclusive interview his confusion over the explanation for WTC7’s collapse– given that he clearly heard explosions inside the building:

“I’m just confused about one thing, and one thing only– why World Trade Center 7 went down in the first place. I’m very confused about that. I know what I heard– I heard explosions. ..."

...Mr. Jennings, who had received numerous threats to his job and asked that it be left out of Loose Change: Final Cut because of those threats.

http://www.infowars.com/?p=4602

... Truth About 9/11 Being Deliberately Hidden ...

The "truth" about 9/11 that was (poorly) "hidden" was the incompetence of the Bush administration to adequately deal with the intelligence given to them leading up to attacks.

Were the intelligence reports intentionally ignored? Probably not -- this is not the type of thoughtful planning the reactionary Bush administration is capable of.

Was the aftermath of their failures seized upon and spun to gain political control and profit for friends of the administration? Yes. This is the type of greedy carcass picking and blatant deceit the administration is known for -- the ability to surf their tsunami of incompetence, at the expense of their country.

In short, you are confusing careful planning and orchestration with incompetence and exploitation.

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone shut this nut case conspiracy theorist down? This is totally off topic and doesn't belong here and its not the first time hes done this. There are many other sites out there to cater for people like Bofors. No need to pollute this site with his usual {censored}.

What amazes me, is that there are still some nutcases out there that support the 'jet fuel' conspiracy theory. These nutjobs believe that kerosene can melt steel beams. :D