[Guide + Control Center] Leopard 10.5.4 - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L/DS3R/DS3P/DS4

~pcwiz

85 posts in this topic

no you cant apply 10.5.5 in the same way u did 10.5.4. i know cuz i had to reinstall my OS like 20x times. anyway here is how i did 10.5.5.

mount the 10.5.5 dmg. DONT INSTALL YET!

go to terminal

type:

su passwd

enter ur pass

run this line:

# while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

then install the update, DO NOT RESTART YET!

go back into the terminal and do:

ctrl c (to stop it)

now restart. boom. done!

now repeat for 10.5.6 and u should be okay.

• 3 weeks later...
no you cant apply 10.5.5 in the same way u did 10.5.4. i know cuz i had to reinstall my OS like 20x times. anyway here is how i did 10.5.5.

mount the 10.5.5 dmg. DONT INSTALL YET!

go to terminal

type:

su passwd

enter ur pass

run this line:

# while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

then install the update, DO NOT RESTART YET!

go back into the terminal and do:

ctrl c (to stop it)

now restart. boom. done!

now repeat for 10.5.6 and u should be okay.

has anyone confirmed this?

ah my system hangs when i try to install the 10.5.3 kalyway combo updater. it says "configuring installation" at the very beginning and never moves. any ideas? i reinstalled like 4 times trying to change the mbr/guid options and neither work. i'm content with sticking with 10.5.1 at this point b/c it's better than nothing.. but if anyone has suggestions it'd be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I have a GA-P35-DS3L with a E8500 processor. DVD-RW and HDD are both SATA. I've followed the guide closely and after applying the Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update the system hangs at the boot screen. I've tried using safe mode and when I use verbose mode I see the line it hangs on is "BSD root: disk0s2, major 14, minor 2". Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be appreciated. I've done quite a few installs today and my patience is wearing thin.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I as well need to know how to update to v10.5.7.

Reason being, I have a ATI HD4870 graphics card. I hear tell there are drivers now, but 10.5.7 is required.

I have tried other installers and guides but keep running into issues. So I want to try this guide, but update to 10.5.7. This guide is more specific to my DS4 board.

Last I tried was last week, and I used iDeneb 10.5.6. I got it installed, but every time I ran the iDeneb updater, I got the error "your PC needs to restart", so I power down and try again, same thing, multiple times. Seems I cannot update, therefore cannot get my ATI card working.

Any thoughts on this guide updating?

I really want to start using OSX, but every time I try I run right into a brick wall. :(

Cheers!

• 9 months later...

This looks nice. I#m still running the 10.5.2 from the old guide but i have been wanting to update to 10.5.8. I have an intel DP35DP mobo. i couldn#t find any guides to bring this install to 10.5.8 or any other based of the same chipset. Pcwiz doesn#t seem to be around anymore. anybody knows of a guide? Thanks.