I am Giuliano, Italy.
I am a skilled developer & system administrator on Microsoft Windows Operating Systems...
I am a newbe in the "Mac Thinking"
I would try to install LawlessPPC-Leo 10.5.04 Phenom & AMD
to introduce me in the Apple World and try to develop a little iPhone application using objective-C,
than, of course, I would buy a MacBoock Pro Air to contiune my experience.
I read a lot of forums about the topic, and sure, I've tried to install by myself on of the osx86 Iso
I tried to install different ISOs (iATKOS, iDeneb, Kalyway and finally Lawless) in different ways
- different PCs
- different CPUs
- different RAM
- different VGA
- different HD
- different DVD Units
- different keyboard and mouse
But no luck on my way...
It always happends something wrong:
- the install finishes but can't boot
- the distro reboots at the darwin bootloader
- can't see the hard drive
- panic error
- install freezes on language selection window
- install can't recognize mouse (keyboard worked but only one time...)
- and other strange things I can't remember
So finally I decide to ask help directly to the community.
I decide to be as clear as possible because I read a lot about the topic and I learned that It is much important to be clear explaining the situation.
I am sorry if my english Is not much good, I always make some mistakes.
Here we go:
Using my windows pc...
- I've downloaded the iso
- File name: LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD.iso
- MD5 checksum: 2b88542b49f0680e40cbcb7280314c33
- i've burned the iso using:
- Software: Ultra ISO Premium 188.8.131.525
- DVD Recorder: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-216D (SATA interface)
- DVD Recordable Media: TDK ("life on record") DVD-R (1-16x Speed) 4.7 GB
- Write Speed: 4x (5.540 Kb/s), the slowest in the dropdown list of burn speeds
- Write Method: DAO (Disc At Once)
I would try to install Lawless iso into my AMD Pc, bought and assembled by me in summer 2008.
- Chasis: Coller Master Centurion 590 Take a look here
- PSU: EZCOOL NEW 600W - Ver. 2.2 Take a look here (Sorry only italian link for this PSU)
24p(4+4) 4xSata - 2 Pci-e 6p 8p - 14cm Fan Silent, Energy-Efficient
- Motherboard: ASUS M3A78 Pro Rev 1.00G / Chipset: AMD 780G/SB700 Take a look here
- CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9950 "Black Edition" (2.6GHz / 140W) Take a look here
- Cooler: Thermaltake TMGA2 Take a look here
- RAM: 2GB (2x1GB) Elite Team DDR II 800 Mhz CL=5-5-5-15, Model TEDD1024M800HC5 Take a look here
plugged in dual channel configuration.
- Vga: ATI Radeon HD 3650, 512 Mb GDDR3 SDRAM, HDTV Out Take a look here
- DVD: 2 x Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-216D (SATA interface) Take a look here
Plugged on SATA Channels 4 (Set as First Boot Device) and 6
- HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA HD, 3Gb/s - 500GB - 8 MB Cache - 7200 RPM Take a look here
Plugged on SATA Channel 1
- Keyb & Mouse: Note i use a KVM switch Corega Changer (Model MiNi18) Take a look here (this is an old product I can't find it in producer site)
to use same monitor, mouse and keybord for two PCs (I hit CTRL twice to switch from one to another PC) but i've tried with no luck using microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse too...
I didn't try to use normal PS/2 keyboard and mouse because now I haven't...
Important BIOS Setting I think to tell you:
- USB Legacy is Enable
- SATA is Enable
- SATA Type is AHCI
- SATA RAID is disabled
- DVDs and HD are on different SATA channel
- DVD is the first bootable device
- HD is the second bootable device
I read in forums about some "Kext files", "kernel version", "boot options" and (if I have understanded well) Kext file may be used during darwin boot and / or selected during the installation procedure (configuration).
I don't know how to configure the Iso to use the correct kext files and / or the correct kernel version at boot time and not sure about the correct boot options to use.
First, I ask you if you may tell me a link to find a basic tutorial about modifing the Iso so I try by myself to make a correct iso
to install in my AMD
Second, I write now the main problem i have installing:
Once i booted darwin with the -v option (if i not use -v option i get a grey screen with a beautiful bitten gray apple in the center) follows many lines that apparently tells me that Is is all ok.. except for some kind of outputs like
- OHCI Controller will be unloaded across sleep
- ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected Acknowledge from PS/2 Controller
- CODE Signing: CS_INVALID_PAGE P=41 [configd] Clearing CS_VALID
- mDsnResponder  cannot contact helper getHelper_Port
- mDsnDynamicStoreSetConfig Mach Comunication Failed ICPISend Invalid destination port
could this lines tell me where is the problem ?
After follow the graphic part of the install where I see the window asks for language selection but the
PC is freezed, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.
So i have to switch off the PC from the PSU because the switch power button doesn't work.
During the many installation I tried sometimes happend that the install stops showing
"debug kernel panic" and in the detail stack something telling like the cause was in the PS/2 Controller.
Now I am currently trying different bios setting... and different boot options using always mach_kernel ...
I Hope in your help