Search is always broken

crazyJAT

10 posts in this topic

Listen, not to be blunt, but:

It's an old issue that staff knows about and is being worked on.

Sorry, they are working on it and will have it to us eventually, remember; good things come to those who wait.

~MoC

Also not to be blunt, but 6+ months with a broken search leads folks to believe it isn't being worked on and hence posts like this.

Known issue, yes. Fix in progress? ;)

Use google site search? Not much better than using the search all forums here (which does work for me).

Searching individual forums or within a topic, google site search doesn't appear to be helpful with those.

Also not to be blunt, but 6+ months with a broken search leads folks to believe it isn't being worked on and hence posts like this.

Known issue, yes. Fix in progress? ;)

Use google site search? Not much better than using the search all forums here (which does work for me).

Searching individual forums or within a topic, google site search doesn't appear to be helpful with those.

Actually, fix was announced almost 12 hours before your post :D

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry819594

Seems to be working pretty well too!

Looks like the annoucement was about including better search features but not about correcting the broken ones.

Example 1

Go to Search

Select "Hardware and Drivers" in the Search Where

Make sure "Any Date" is in "Search Posts From"

Search for X3500

Should get at least 4 posts

Side Note: You selected "Any Date" on "Search Posts From" but these results are limited to active topics for today by default and need to change that again to something else to see other posts.

3 of the results are in the sub forum "Graphics Cards" at the time of this post and using the default "Today" in the results page.

Now select Graphics Cards in "Search Where"

Search for X3500 again

0 results

Example 2

Start a new search and look for posts on a username

0 results

Example 3

Go to the Search Topic at the bottom of this page and put in "blunt"

0 results

I'm sorry, the introduction of this new platform meant we had to rebuild the indexes. It hadn't been done yet but just got it done now.

@Signal64: All the issues you posted were to do with this issue, now try your search. It should work as normal

Sorry for the delay

- Suhail

• 1 month later...

I'm getting the following error no matter what I search for:

There was an error processing the request. Please go back and try again, or contact an administrator for assistance.

connection to unix:///var/socketproxy/insanelymac.com/searchd:0 failed (errno=2, msg=No such file or directory)