• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
@bastop, are you refering to the pixels on your screen and if so it maybe video card related I personnaly do not use the 2 finger scroll bur, I would think it should have no real effect to you graphics .

@kpitstupidsimple, I for your audio did you use the hda enabler? and my driver? if not you should check out this link

@kpitstupidsimple, if this does not work for your audio get me a copy of you audio codec dump. you will need a copy of linux for this, but I can walk you through it if need be.

bastop

bastop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

@bastop, are you refering to the pixels on your screen and if so it maybe video card related I personnaly do not use the 2 finger scroll bur, I would think it should have no real effect to you graphics .

@kpitstupidsimple, I for your audio did you use the hda enabler? and my driver? if not you should check out this link
@kpitstupidsimple, if this does not work for your audio get me a copy of you audio codec dump. you will need a copy of linux for this, but I can walk you through it if need be.

thanks ridgeline

1. No, what I mean is: Before scrolling starts, the mouse moves a little bit. Afterwards it stays fix. But at the bginning of moving the two fingers downwards or upwards or whereever the mouse cursor changes the position a littlebit. There is no way for me to prevent that. Not even through moving the fingers very slowly or waiting after having touched the pad before moving the fingers.

Probably the driver needs the first millimeter to recognize the movement, before actually changing from moving the mouse to scrolling the text.

Do you have all the same problem? Or is it just me?

2. Sleep? Is there a way to make it work on a Studio 1535? Is it working for the one with the intel Graphic chip?

Thanks

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
It works with the system but due to lack of video card control at this point it leaves the last image on the screen and sleeps the HD. I turned that feature off and just setuyp my screen saver the way I like it.

And as far as 2 finger scroll yes that sounds right I had an iBook and it did that to when I used the 2 finger scroll.

elsworth

elsworth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Can anyone with the Intel X3100 chime in on a small problem I have?

I like to hook my laptop up to an external monitor when I'm at home, and when I treat the two displays as two separate windows everything works fine. However, when I try to mirror the displays, both screens go crazy and I have to reboot in safe mode to get the resolution back to normal. Has anyone found a way (new kext, hexediting, info.plist edit, etc.), and if so, can they share it?

Thanks!

edsterNG

edsterNG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Elsworth, I also like working with multiple displays at home. Ive tried getting my other display connected by the VGA port onto my dell, and select " Detect Displays" in System Prefs. -> Displays. However, both of my screens go nuts showing white, green and black blocks all over. Im guessing this only happens when mirroring displays as you say. So how do you make the other display capable of dragging other windows onto it?, I cant see an option for it in System Prefs. Thanx

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Hi

Dell Studio updated to 10.5.6 without major problems using iAtkos v5 with PCefi V9 and a patched DSDT.
The update removes all specific drivers like BCM4312, BCM5784, appleHDA etc... even the keyboard and touchpad one, so prepare a back up of this kexts before and it will be OK :D
@ Ridgeline = It seems there is a way to replace HDAenabler kext by an add in the DSDT (see the King's thread), are you already working on that or not yet ? However i'll soon have a look and report...

bye

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
@Bombeng, No I have not looked at that yet but I will..... I went back to boot132 method and updated tp 10.5.6 with dsdt patch and have been trying to get my keyboard and touchpad back, got a driver you can point me to? I was looking at doing an efistring for audio through efistudio, but have been busy working on video until last night. I will def. check out the dsdt method though.

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

I went back to boot132 method and updated tp 10.5.6 with dsdt patch and have been trying to get my keyboard and touchpad back, got a driver you can point me to?

Ridgeline, if the kext you used before your 10.5.6 update was ACPIPS2Nub.kext, just remove it and use this one, it's quiet the same except a little edit in plist (more details here, thanks to Macgirl).
If you were using another kext to run your keyboard and trackpad, i can not help you...

Attached File  ACPIPS2Nub_10.5.6.zip   17.77KB   60 downloads

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay, I would like to say that I am running a retail install with the 10.5.6 update...... PCEFIv9 at that and I finally got it working with my internal keyboard and trackpad. I am here to help anyone that may need it and compcrasher, the iAtkos is nice but, I prefer the Boot 132 method....

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Nice Supa R :)
Well, i've never tried the boot 132 method, i'm actually in 10.5.6 with iATKOS 5i updated and i find it better than Ideneb, the boot time is shorter.
May be you can begin to give informations about 132 method on Studio, i gonna read the specific thread about this method
Thanks

vorguees

vorguees

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Dear member, I'd like to thank you all for the support, I got my 1535 fully working now (from video to SD card reader, even the remote control!) and I cannot ask for anything else, and everything is thanks for a all your hard work.

I wiped out my Vista partition and I havent had a problem for the last 3 weeks.

Thankyou all!

Ps. I'll wait for a "safe" update to get 10.5.6,

Again THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

I got my 1535 fully working now (from video to SD card reader, even the remote control!) and I cannot ask for anything else

Hi Vorguees,
happy for you ;)
Just for info, does the remote control work out of zee box ? If not, how did you manage to make it work ? (i don't have one on my laptop)

Thanks

vorguees

vorguees

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
@ Boomberg:

I used the PS2Keyboard Kext (with stop key enabled) posted by MacGirl in the Compilation for Dell Thread here:

http://forum.insanel...;hl=dell vostro

I mapped the keys using the Buttler App, and got it working.

Tweeling

Tweeling

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
HI all,

(blablabla) :)

edit: I managed to install leopard succesfully. The only thing i changed when i tried to install it again was checking the box with ps2-controller(something like that) and now it is up and running. But i still have a few questions,
1. At "about this mac" it says my processor runs at 1.03GHz while it's supposed to be a 2Ghz processor. Is this because I enabled the speedstep, and thus will it run faster when i use cpu heavy apps?

2. I don't have a battery meter. Is there a fix for that?

thanks in advance.

robin

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Hi, you need to use Sonotone's dell laptop post installer : install battery meter, you can also use speedsep if you want. Once done find superhai's SmbiosResolver.kext here and it should be OK

Mitalca

Mitalca

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I used Sonotone's but can't get the battery metter to work
in a previous install, I had it, with the iDeneb 10.5.5. Is there a way to install only the Power Management package from the iDeneb DVD??

vorguees

vorguees

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I used Sonotone's but can't get the battery metter to work
in a previous install, I had it, with the iDeneb 10.5.5. Is there a way to install only the Power Management package from the iDeneb DVD??

You can use the Powermanagement bundle from Jaro12345 from this post:

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=80425

It has worked for me...

Mitalca

Mitalca

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I'll give it a try later today, if it works, will be a nice new year's gift

PS it doesn't turn off the speedstep and all the others improvements you get with Sonotone's, right?

mac1535

mac1535

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi ridgeline, could you please upload your latest HDA kext. Thanks

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
I personally have not made any further advances at this time as I am working on video for those with mobility cards.....

I will check into the HDA some more in the near future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy