Leopard on a dell studio 15 and 17

pifou

489 posts in this topic

Yep, I'm on iATKOS 5i updated to 10.5.6 and i like it, I won't use anymore Ideneb , did someone try new IPC or XXX ?

Bastop, which appl. do you use to monitor CPU temp ? When I'm using Temperature Monitor I have always 15° less than with Voodoopower or old GenericCPUPwrMan... appl. monitoring... means my peaks to 50/55° with temp- Monit- appl. show 65/70° with GenericCPUPwrMan, but i don't know which is the right value...

I'm using justnthe i8kfangui

really great job ridgeline

I think I'm getting closer to a full reinstall, so I'll definitely enjoy your new installer

I'm sure you already thought most of this, but let me tell some things to add or consider:

. all drivers functional in 10.5.6

. the latest IDT driver, with headphones working (at least one of them)

. 2 finger scroll PLUS media keys working

Okay well my installer does include the latest audio driver... and I am working on the latest 2 finger scroll.

My media keys have always worked so I did not know this was a issue, and best I can tell all the drivers do work in 10.5.6 however you will have to reinstall the audio after you update to 10.5.6

What distro are you using Mitalca?

i'm using iDeneb 10.5.5 updated to .5.6

right now, my keyboard and trackpad aren't working

I need to borrow some usb keyboard so I can try installing some kext to try to work this out, or a PS2/USB adapter

I received my Dell Studio 17 this week, and was looking forward to installing Leopard on it til I heard about the ATI Graphics issues.

I still tried out OSX on a partition, keeping it ready for if the ATI drivers are released.

I managed to install Kalyway - the first step was to make sure the "cpus=1" parameter was set.

After install, I needed to use GParted to make my Windows partition bootable again, otherwise no OS was booting, and I got a "No operating system found" message.

I'm using the Windows Boot Loader to dual-boot from the Vista and OSX partitions - did this using EasyBCD software because I'm lazy.

Kudos to ridgeline for the post installer - all the drivers worked and I have working touchpad, media keys, power management etc.

Hopefully we'll start seeing the graphic drivers soon.

I have the Intel WiFi Link 5100 wireless adapter, any idea if that's going to be compatible?

i'm using iDeneb 10.5.5 updated to .5.6

right now, my keyboard and trackpad aren't working

I need to borrow some usb keyboard so I can try installing some kext to try to work this out, or a PS2/USB adapter

When you get a keyboard I can send you a installer that will fix your keyboard issue. unfortuantly you have to have a external keyboard to get it working.

yep, I know, I tryed copying my Administrator password letter by letter with only my mouse, but for some extrange reason it doesn't work. A lot of boooring time for nothing :blink:

I think I'll buy an adapter today, so when you have that isntaller, just let me know

thanks a lot for caring ridgeline

you can use a virtual Keyboard with a USB mouse :

Go in Apple menu/System preferences/International/Input Menu/

> select "Keyboard viewer" in top of the list (third) and selct "show input menu in menu bar"

> Now in menu bar you can click the flag and choose"show keyboard viewer", and a virtual keyboard you can use with mouse appears ! :rolleyes:

Mitalca, here is a archive of two kexts I can put them into a installer later today or you can just use kexthelper now that you can use virtual keyboard(great tip Boombeng) install the two files. after that just reboot but, I figured at least it would keep you from waiting.

Archive.zip

great!!

Thanks a lot to both of you!

My keys are back and so is my trackpad!! The kexts are working perfect, all my media keys also work.

I'll use your installer to install the 2 finger scroll once that is ready.

Once again: Thank you!!

Ridgeline and Boombeng, you guys are legends!!!

I've been lurking on this forum for a while waiting for the graphics to be sorted and an instillation package to be put together. But, now that I realize it could be ages before the 5100 wi-fi card is supported, I'll be holding off even longer.

So, I just wanted to say I've seen the work you guys have put in, and it's very cool.

Respect.

Well don't give up, we haven't and as time goes you never know I simply stumbled upon the Dell 1510-N wifi support but doing a system update via bluetooth through my blackberry. And that is one thing that was actually fixed by Apple. So have faith I am sure we will get more info put together as time goes and I will continue to work on the video issue as long as they keep producing new frame buffers. And thanks for the props....

Not too mention if things get going with the video card you could always buy a USB wifi dongle.

Okay everyone I have created a chat room for all Dell Studio owners on irc.osx86.hu channel name is #DellStudio

Please feel free to drop in and check it out, or post here if you have any issues finding it.

Thanks, Mark

Boom and Ridge, Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Ridge good job on that post installer, it is very well put together. I have a friend who works on Osx86 Hp's and he wanted to know how you put that together, he would want to package up all the fixes he has for the community.

Okay I have a few questions.

No one seems to have mentioned any sleep issues, but I am having a few. I have a 1535 running kalyway updated to 10.5.5 and when my computer goes to sleep it does not turn on, so i set a corner to wake it up from sleep, and that worked, but when it wakes the mouse does not work?Is there any fix for this?

In "about this mac" it shows my Processor as 1.2 Ghz unknown, instead of T8100?

How can I get I8Kfan to start at boot up?

Help will be greatly appreciated!

ik8Fan starts at boot there is a driver for it the gui that you seen in Apps is to modify the settings so unless you want to monitor it you don't need the gui to run at startup

Tell your friend to PM me or find me on IRC

#DellStudio

Also what distro are you using?

Hey! To all Dell Studio 1735 owners : tester needed for HD3650 Mobility here

@MehdyMehdy :

>If you want to have I8Kfan to start at boot up you should Install the GUI application in your Application folder, then run this in Terminal :

chown root:admin /Applications/I8kfanGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/I8kfanGUI 
chmod 4755 /Applications/I8kfanGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/I8kfanGUI

Then you can go to your account options in Preference Panel, go to your loggin Items and add I8kfan

> Your CPU problem must come from SMBios kext you use, I recommand you to use the Vaniilia SMBios.kext and to install SMBiosResolver.kext from SuperHai

> About your Sleep problem, may be you can try to install EHCISleepEnabler.kext also from Superhai (don't forget to follow readme indications)

Both Superhai kexts are here

Hey! To all Dell Studio 1735 owners : tester needed for HD3650 Mobility here

@MehdyMehdy :

>If you want to have I8Kfan to start at boot up you should Install the GUI application in your Application folder, then run this in Terminal :

chown root:admin /Applications/I8kfanGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/I8kfanGUI 
chmod 4755 /Applications/I8kfanGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/I8kfanGUI

Then you can go to your account options in Preference Panel, go to your loggin Items and add I8kfan

> Your CPU problem must come from SMBios kext you use, I recommand you to use the Vaniilia SMBios.kext and to install SMBiosResolver.kext from SuperHai

> About your Sleep problem, may be you can try to install EHCISleepEnabler.kext also from Superhai (don't forget to follow readme indications)

Both Superhai kexts are here

Your amazing dude, i will try it out later on tonight!

Has anyone tried installing osx86 on the new studio xps16?

I searched and can't find anything

Thanks! :D

You could be the first what are the system specs and I will tell you how likely you are to run vanilla

Boombeng I commend you for your contributions you have been very active on the boards in a short time

hi, I posted here a long time ago, when I installed iATKOS v2 I think on me Dell, just had it for a couple of hours, since no WiFi or Eth worked. I have a Xmod (usb device), and I'm currently downloading iATKOS v5, could you please guide me to install OSX?

I currently have Vista and Ubuntu in Dual-boot, I'll be freeing up some space to leave an unpartitioned space for OSX, is it ok if the partition is the third one on the disk?

I'll be having:

1. Partition: Vista

2. Data (NTFS)

3. OSX

4. Extended: Ubuntu + Swap partitions

Please guide me to the best version of Hack OSX that should be used, I have downloaded, iATKOS v2, Kalyway, iATKOS v5 and Leo4All v3 (I think...).

Thanks!

hi, I posted here a long time ago, when I installed iATKOS v2 I think on me Dell, just had it for a couple of hours, since no WiFi or Eth worked. I have a Xmod (usb device), and I'm currently downloading iATKOS v5, could you please guide me to install OSX?

I currently have Vista and Ubuntu in Dual-boot, I'll be freeing up some space to leave an unpartitioned space for OSX, is it ok if the partition is the third one on the disk?

I'll be having:

1. Partition: Vista

2. Data (NTFS)

3. OSX

4. Extended: Ubuntu + Swap partitions

Please guide me to the best version of Hack OSX that should be used, I have downloaded, iATKOS v2, Kalyway, iATKOS v5 and Leo4All v3 (I think...).

Thanks!

Hi Rafucho,

iATKOS v5 is a good choice i use it and it works very well, under customize choose :

- Bootloader: PC_EFI V9

- Decrypters: AppleDecrypt

- SMBIOS: SMBiosResolver

- Kernel: Don't choose nothing, default one is Vanillia 9.5

- ACPI: x86 ACPI

- Disabler

- System/SATA IDE: Intel AHCI SATA

Good luck for your multiboot management