Oblivion 100% Playble

sonicjam

95 posts in this topic

yeah there is a problem i noticed in that version of cider in the regular spore game when you have the monster in the creator in test drive and do some of the animation i don't know which one was it the mouth body piece will get huge then back to normal. that problem could be from the config file i'm probably going to use the creature creator config to see if the gfx can look good.

I founded oblivion cider port torrent in d...noid, but i can't donwload that. Can anyone send that torrent in my email x82@kapsi.fi?

its really not worth the time (as you can see form the comments) its best to build it yourself

and does any one not get K-tron's error message if so please up load you wine config and oblivion.ini

I had to post some of my tests and findings, Via Cider and Oblivion as well as managing to get HDR running on Oblivion! I know there is allot to read and I dunno what results other will get, Like I stated Below I am running the 2.4 Ghz Dual Pentium using the Radeon HD2600(256 Vram) and 2 Gigs of Ram. Am not familiar on what other Cider Programs will do, I used this Method on Puzzle Quest.app...

Hey I managed to get Oblivion HDR working as well, after fidling with the Ini Files and Fiddling with the Config Files in the Cider Program... Simply put, go into the config files in Preferences in your Cider program, Scroll down to GL extension and put 'Y' on it...(Open the config File using Text Edit)

So my Configs look Like this

[d3dgl]

"AnisotropicTextureFiltering" = "Y"

"VertexShaders" = "Y"

"PixelShaders" = "Y"

"PixelShadersLevel" = "2.1"

"ClipSpaceFix" = "Y"

"FragmentOffset" = "Auto"

"FixedProgram" = "Y"

"RectangleTextures" = "Auto"

"DynamicVBO" = "Y"

"IndexVBO" = "Y"

"FBO" = "Y"

"GLSL" = "M"

"VertexShadersLevel" = "2.1"

"FloatTextures" = "Y"

"OcclusionQueries" = "Y"

"fbobackbuffer" = "0"

[opengl]

"FixedGLExtensionBuffer" = "Y"

"GLExtensionBuffer" = "4096"

(I also Got VertexShader and Pixel Shader converted from 2.0 to 2.1 (aka Pixel Shader 3.0 for folks that don't understand the lingo) Simply type in the quotations 2.1

Am using the Cider program from Puzzle Quest so its a fairly recent Build.....

My ini looks like this for the Multi Thread Users... Did allot of research and it works, my system spec is the 2.4 Dual Pentium with the 2600hd Radeon and 2 Gigs of ram...

First off Yer ini Pref is located in Main hd/User/owner(aka the main user of the Mac)/Documents/My Games/Oblivion... You Open the ini File Using Text Edit...

Memory Tweaks:

uInterior Cell Buffer=3

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

The above values determine how many cells (whether for interior or exterior areas) are buffered into RAM. Note that usually the value of the Exterior Cell Buffer variable is automatically set by the engine based on the size of the uGridstoLoad variable. The higher that variable is, the higher the engine will raise this value. However if you want to smooth out your FPS, try manually setting a higher value for both of these, depending on how much RAM you have. For 1GB I recommend doubling the values (6 and 72 respectively). For 2GB of RAM, I use 16 and 102 respectively. For higher amounts of RAM, try raising them higher, however note that you should also raise the iPreloadSizeLimit value below.

iPreloadSizeLimit=26214400 - This setting appears to determine the maximum amount (in bytes) of RAM allowed for preloading game data. The higher the value, the more chance you have of reducing stuttering. The default value equates to around 25MB (divide the setting by 1024 to get KB, then by 1024 again to get MB). For those with 1GB of system RAM, try doubling the variable to 52428800. For those with 2GB, try double again at 104857600 (100MB). You can raise these values even further to experiment, however note that raising this to a large amount doesn't force all the game data to sit in RAM, and can actually cause crashes. I suggest the maximum anyone should set this to should be around 262144000 (250MB), even for 2GB of RAM. Make sure to raise your Cell Buffer values accordingly (see above).

Multithreading Tweaks:

bUseThreadedBlood=1

bUseThreadedMorpher=1

bUseThreadedTempEffects=1

bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1

bUseMultiThreadedTrees=1

bUseMultiThreadedFaceGen=1

iNumHavokThreads=5

iThreads=9

iOpenMPLevel=10

Also to Force the 3.0 Shader

bAllow30Shaders=1

(simply use the find fuction in Text Edit to locate all of the thigs needing to be tweaked icon_wink_anim.gif )

Next in the same folder to where your ini folder is at is called Renderinfo.txt

Get the Shader packet info which if yer using the set up I am the standard iMac setup the packet will be 2...

Now go into the Ciderized Oblivion Data file Scroll down to folder Called Shaders, Rename shaderpackage002.sdp to something else, I jes added a letter to mine so it looks like this shaderpackage002a.sdp, Now if yer using the same setup system that I am then For Bloom based Game use Shader packet 8, (jes Duplicate it and rename it shaderpackage002.sdp) and if You want to try out the HD Format Duplicate Shader 10 and rename it shaderpackage002.sdp... Do not delete Your renamed shaderpackage002.sdp, for back up purposes. If you have Shader Packet 8 Active HD wont work and if You have Shader 10 active Bloom wont work so it all varies on taste.

Experiment a little, I am running Oblivion on Full everything, Plus OOO and MMM as well as all the Trimming Addons working. I am still trying to Fig a way to fix sound, but doesn't seem to figure out anything else atm... I am still getting random Crash's, but I believe that might be because of the massive addons I am running on it, but I don't know yet.

I dunno if posting here was of any use, I hope it helps ^^ If any Ideas on how to fix the sound send my way. Jewel Quest uses the 1560 Cider Build, Side note Don't Forget to get yer hands on Direct X Program to install in System32 .. I got my hands on d3dx9_24 on to d3dx9_34 all installed in the directory... Hell I even got D3dx10_33 and 34 installed, (Its usless atm but might come in handy for future releases of Cider icon_wink_anim.gif )

Allot to say, lol I had to post my findings Hope it helps!

Still working on the sound Bug, seeing if the actual Cider Program is the sole issue of the sound... Or if anyone has a newer Cider working with Oblivion that doesn't have the snd issue I would love te get it and be able to disect it...

Update: I wanted to see what happens if I went further then 2.1 on the Shader configs in the Config CIder file, I did 3.0 and it seems to run faster... Does anyone have an understanding to why?

Here is more info! I Got all the SDK files implemented in Cider Config it looks like this

[DllOverrides]

"commdlg" = "builtin, native"

"comdlg32" = "builtin, native"

"oleaut32" = "builtin, native"

"ver" = "builtin, native"

"version" = "builtin, native"

"shell" = "builtin, native"

"shell32" = "builtin, native"

"shfolder" = "builtin, native"

"shlwapi" = "builtin, native"

"lzexpand" = "builtin, native"

"lz32" = "builtin, native"

"comctl32" = "builtin, native"

"commctrl" = "builtin, native"

"advapi32" = "builtin, native"

"crtdll" = "builtin, native"

"mpr" = "builtin, native"

"winspool.drv" = "builtin, native"

"d3d8" = "builtin, native"

"d3d9" = "builtin, native"

"d3drm" = "builtin, native"

"ddraw" = "builtin, native"

"dinput" = "builtin, native"

"dinput8" = "builtin, native"

"dmusic" = "builtin, native"

"dsound" = "builtin, native"

"opengl32" = "builtin, native"

"msvcrt" = "native, builtin"

"rpcrt4" = "native, builtin"

"msvideo" = "builtin, native"

"msvfw32" = "builtin, native"

"quartz" = "builtin, native"

"mcicda.drv" = "builtin, native"

"mciseq.drv" = "builtin, native"

"mciwave.drv" = "builtin, native"

"mciavi.drv" = "native, builtin"

"mcianim.drv" = "native, builtin"

"msacm.drv" = "builtin, native"

"msacm" = "builtin, native"

"msacm32" = "builtin, native"

"midimap.drv" = "builtin, native"

"psapi" = "builtin, native"

"wininet" = "builtin, native"

"dbghelp" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_39" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_38" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_37" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_36" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_35" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_34" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_33" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_32" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_31" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_30" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_29" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_28" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_27" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_26" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_25" = "native, builtin"

"d3dx9_24" = "native, builtin"

"x3daudio1_3" = "native, builtin"

"x3daudio1_2" = "native, builtin"

"x3daudio1_1" = "native, builtin"

"x3daudio1_0" = "native, builtin"

"xaudio" = "native, builtin"

"xaudio2_0" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_0" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_1" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_2" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_3" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_4" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_5" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_6" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_7" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_8" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_9" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine2_10" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine3_0" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine3_1" = "native, builtin"

"xactengine3_2" = "native, builtin"

"xaudio2_1" = "native, builtin"

"xaudio2_2" = "native, builtin"

"XAPOFX1_0" = "native, builtin"

"XAPOFX1_1" = "native, builtin"

I implamented the latest DX 9c August addition in it as well, as the snd drivers.... thinking maybe the Loud obnoxious snd bug could be rectified. No Dice on that matter, yet.... So its the Cider Library I theorize. So we'll see on that matter... I was able to get the Shader pack 17 to work and it is beautiful running on HDR format. The only issue, which is rather minor is that the gfx kinda blurs a lil bit.. Am going to do some research to see if I can disable that blur effect in the ini files.. We shall see then...

Good stuff. My imacs at apple right now getting its dead hard drive replaced but I can't want to try this out on my box. I made the mistake of running Oblivion under XP again for a visual comparison and the graphic goodness there made me cry :)

• 4 months later...
UPDATE i ran oblivion on the full version of spore, which is a new version of cider its now version 1632. I ran oblivion guess what its a lot more faster but the problem is that sound issue is still there i'm guessing its the game's problem. Also the mouse problem is not there i didn't needed the mouse fix but that mean there's a new mouse fix for now. but don't get to happy that the game runs faster because the land or buildings in the game some of them will be fine but a good small part of it will have gfx issues

Sonicjam, you are awesome! thank you so f***ing much! I have a really bad compaq presario lying around and the only reason I kept it was because It could play oblivion on mega low settings. Now, I can play it on my really fast mac.

You're a genious, please talk like one.

:)

*UPDATE

I need some help. So I followed all of the instructions and I'm getting serious graphic anomalies.

see attached images.

Oh, and when I go outside or press tab, it crashes.

post-337620-1232329717_thumb.png

post-337620-1232329734_thumb.png

post-337620-1232329749_thumb.png

• 5 weeks later...

if downloaded oblivion game of the year edition for mac

no sound glitches no grass glitches no voice glitches no loading glitches ;)

so if i were you id download it to:

Link:http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4679267/Oblivion_GOTY

Or:http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/63036097/oblivion+mac?tab=summary

you may want to move on to this post as its more up to date and uses a newer version of cider I am currently working on getting oblivion to work on 2060 but that's a different story in its self

It works fine in 2097.

Millenium BT, no sound and voice glitches? How'd you pull that off? I'm not really interested in downloading 5gigs.

What were the grass and loading glitches? Never had that.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seam to get mine to work. What do I put in the data folder? I put everything that came with the mod download, and typed it in the list, and it still doesnt work.

Here is some photos of what I'm doing.

My data folder

post-392895-1237058827_thumb.png

My txt

post-392895-1237058864_thumb.png

post-392895-1237058839_thumb.png

Any more luck on the collision volume problem?

Here is my fix, not a great one, but it's more bearable than having NO collision sound.

change these values in the .ini

fDefaultEffectsVolume=0.9000

fDefaultFootVolume=0.8000

fDefaultVoiceVolume=2.0000

fDefaultMasterVolume=2.7000

And then turn down your mac's volume before starting the game.

What this does is bring up the volume of everything else in the game to match the rediculously loud collision noises. Then you just attenuate it all with the mac's master volume.

The in-game audio sliders can only max the values at 1. However, changing them in the ini allows you to go beyond 1.

• 1 month later...

Hello there

Here is my problem : I've downloaded your app but i don't understand what to do of it...

Is it a launcher for Oblivion ? I don't find it anywhere so i suppose it is.

I do everything you explain, step by step, but i think i don't put your app where it has to be.

So, i can't play with mods because i can't launch the launcher ;)

Edit :

Ok, if i understood, i have to put the original Bethesda Sofworks folder in the Program Files folder of your app, is it right ?

If it is, the game is working well, but i don't have the launcher yet :/ Where can i choose the data files the game will use ?

Yarrrrrrgggghhhh

Sorry about my english :P

Re-edit :

Finally, i've found how it works :P

There's no launcher at all, all the mods are automaticly taken by the game, once they're where they have to.

Thanks to you sonic for the tutorial, now i can play Oblivion with mods, and it's really better than without.

Ciao

Hi there, i have a big problem...the console dont appears...i tried to use the "ring of god/console" mod, the ring appers is in my inventory and i can put it on...but the console still does not appear.

i checked the ini and there were no command like bAllowConsole=1 , i added it in both ini's and nothing happens if i hit the ^ i looked around in different forum and it seems to be a win probelm, why doses this happen on my mac? i am at the end of my knowledge and i hope you could help me...

• 2 weeks later...

Help! I have Cider Oblivion, and the machine I'm on is plenty powerful to play...

But 1) the launch screen doesn't show when I open up the game, and 2) that means it Won't Let Me Disable HDR Lighting!

Where do I go and manually edit the files to disable HDR Lighting?

I've checked the package contents, I've checked my user preferences. I can't find any place to turn HDR Lighting off!

Please help!

(Not interested in modding... yet...)

can you send me a print screen at may19c19@hotmail.com or post it plezz .sad.gif

Help! I have Cider Oblivion, and the machine I'm on is plenty powerful to play...

But 1) the launch screen doesn't show when I open up the game, and 2) that means it Won't Let Me Disable HDR Lighting!

Where do I go and manually edit the files to disable HDR Lighting?

I've checked the package contents, I've checked my user preferences. I can't find any place to turn HDR Lighting off!

Please help!

(Not interested in modding... yet...)

Disable HDR Lighting in the game and there in no launch screen

• 4 weeks later...

Well... I swear I've followed the tut to the letter, but I still can't get the bloody thing working. I've put the files in the right place and everything, but I have yet to see Midas Magic shop show up outside of the Mage's Guild. Sorry I have no idea how to take a picture of my folder for ya'll to see.

I hope someone can figure it out >.<

right I think it has something to do with the version of Oblivion I'm playing on... only problem is I can't seem to update it. It asks me to update everytime I launch it but when I try it says it's missing some files n' can't patch it. The only other patches I've seen were all in .exe files... help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This stuff is all great, thank you all for the time you've put into this. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get mods to run on this, because there is just so much detail stuff that Beth-soft missed or did a poor job on that the mod community takes it upon themselves to remedy.

I downloaded the Oblivion GOTY from pirate bay a few months ago and have been following users instructions in the comments section there. Almost the exact same stuff as the directions here. I did a lot of modding in TESIII Morrowind, so I'm not new to putting mods in the data folder. I am almost positive I have everything in the correct places there, and my two .txt files are set up just like the directions.

Despite all this, I can not get things to work in game. The shop for MidasMagic isn't there, I can't get any different hairstyles, IlluminationWithin doesn't work, etc and etc. I have gotten parts of some mods to work, and some texture replacement stuff seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if I sound like I have no idea what I'm doing (I really don't)

But I don't have a bethesda softworks folder or a data folder or anything, I only have the application...oblivion...which works out if I want to play it but not if i want to use any mods.

I'm not sure if I need to activate hidden files and folders or something........

help?

Right click on the "Oblivion" icon in the application folder and select "Show Package Contents" then from the Contents folder navigate to the Oblivion folder. For my copy, it's Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks.