Patch Solution v1.0a for Security Update 2006-001

a8ne

27 posts in this topic

Just to notice

I installed it here and don't know why

but safari stop to crashs (maybe their fixed it for us)

i have no other problems with applications that crashing here with kernel panic prob

works great for me :) (10.4.5 dvd install "ppfed", native, p4 2.6ghz, 1gbram, ata, sse2)

i tried it a few hours ago, but after installation osx hangs at the step before starting gui...last thing i can see is the string with airport and mac adress...

i tried to update prebindings again, used disk utility from the install dvd, but still hangs..

my osx died and i had to reinstall :-(

i tried it a few hours ago, but after installation osx hangs at the step before starting gui...last thing i can see is the string with airport and mac adress...

i tried to update prebindings again, used disk utility from the install dvd, but still hangs..

my osx died and i had to reinstall :-(

I had the same problem: I've installed OSX and the patch and it worked, but I reinstalled OSX and the patch didn't work. :)

Now I'll retry to install OSX in 2 partitions and apply the patch only on one of them, maybe it works.

Sherry Haibara

hi, is any way to roll back the update? i think i messup in some point of the installation, when i click on "about this mac" the desktop restart and close my opens appz.

sorry for my bad english. :)

I don't know about rolling back the update.

what has been succesful for me is taking the mach_kernel from your 10.4.4/5 install DVD and use it to replace your updated corrupt mach_kernel.

kaos

with the mach_kernel from de installation disc or from my patches kernels i get the same result, i fix it installing the second update and do the update solution again, so i do something wrong with the first update.