• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

superchase

superchase

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

??? Whatever, the hardware requirements will be an Intel Mac. Any Intel Mac.

It'll even run on a single core Intel Atom :)

Yes, but all those higher end apps will require higher end machines. I mean, if you look at the specs for the current releases of After Effects, Final Cut Studio, Maya, and even Premiere, they don't run on your plain jane Intel Mac. It's really only the high high end applications where X.6 will be of any benefit. So computers such as the Mac Mini which and low end iMacs will be tossed to the wayside, when it's the higher end machines with morehorsepower which are required to run them high end stuff. All the low end machines which are presently considered inadequate, will still be inadequate when X.6 comes out.

Jimmy Urine

Jimmy Urine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Yes, but all those higher end apps will require higher end machines. I mean, if you look at the specs for the current releases of After Effects, Final Cut Studio, Maya, and even Premiere, they don't run on your plain jane Intel Mac. It's really only the high high end applications where X.6 will be of any benefit. So computers such as the Mac Mini which and low end iMacs will be tossed to the wayside, when it's the higher end machines with morehorsepower which are required to run them high end stuff. All the low end machines which are presently considered inadequate, will still be inadequate when X.6 comes out.

i disagree with you the idea behind x.6 is not to give us new features but to give us better utilization of our cpus, hence applications that used to be a bit slow on any core 2 due mac would probably be faster now. and if the architecture would move up to cocoa than you can expect adobe to do the same which in other words means that you'll need a less and less horsepower to run most of them...
any mac/hack with a core 2 due should be feeling lucky since they'll be able to use more cpu devouring software now with better performance.

vic_os

vic_os

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm very excited about Snow Leopard :(
Just tried 10a286 and it already feels faster than Leo on my iMac 20" Core Duo.
I tried PS CS4 and Nikon Capture NX2 and they were noticeably faster!

MacVertigo

MacVertigo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
So is anyone running SL full time? I've been thinking about it.. but I want to wait until the last possible build. I don't want to get stuck with apps that don't run under SL. Like Microsoft office... I use it ALL the time and want make sure that one still keeps working.

What kind of problems are people seeing with it. Is it really worth the upgrade prior to the actual release?

I just installed iphone 3.0.. and I love that. It runs so much smoother and faster. I'm hoping SL delivers the same.

Jos Rodrguez

Jos Rodrguez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Given the enormous expansion of apple in the Latin world, you believe that the "snow leopard server" 10.6 will be translated into Spanish?
Thank you

fletch33

fletch33

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

So is anyone running SL full time? I've been thinking about it.. but I want to wait until the last possible build. I don't want to get stuck with apps that don't run under SL. Like Microsoft office... I use it ALL the time and want make sure that one still keeps working.

What kind of problems are people seeing with it. Is it really worth the upgrade prior to the actual release?

I just installed iphone 3.0.. and I love that. It runs so much smoother and faster. I'm hoping SL delivers the same.

i am running it as my main OS on my Unibody Macbook 2.4 and besides a few minor programs not working which are listed in the thread here i haven't had any problems and do not plan on going back to 10.5. i wasnt unhappy with 10.5 just excited to use 10.6.

StormPCs

StormPCs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Most everything works fine on my 09 Mac Minis, but I am going back to 10.5.7 for now. If I wanted an ALMOST functional computer I'd buy a PC. I will not buy the upgrade until it is fully functional.

I do enjoy the extra speed especially in Safari, boot up and shut down. It's pretty nice.

I'll put 10.5.7 on my SSD and possibly run SL from a FW800 drive.

fletch33

fletch33

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Most everything works fine on my 09 Mac Minis, but I am going back to 10.5.7 for now. If I wanted an ALMOST functional computer I'd buy a PC. I will not buy the upgrade until it is fully functional.

so you lost sme functionality on your mini? strange I would think that your mini and my MacBook would bebthe same. I have not come across in loss with the OS myself but as I mentioned above a few small 3rd party apps dnt work like istat menu but the widget does with no problems.

Anyway working great here with adobe cs4 suite, iWork09, iLife 09, Toast, adium, perian, skype, 1 password, basically everything that I use so it's fully functional for me :)

sorry for any typos on the iPhone at the moment

StormPCs

StormPCs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
If all I did was post on forums this would be fine, but I rely on my computers for much more than that so they have to be 100%. This version is not finished. It runs solid with 99% plus apps but the features are not all there.

It's not worth the trouble when the finished product will be here in a month or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy