Show Your Connection Speed!

189 posts in this topic

Our town is so small, We have 5 wireless routers in the whole town! I helped them all set them up! We do have a lot of normal fixed cable ADSL routers though!

SticMAN

Probably getting interference on the channel your wifi is using. Channel 6 is so crowded in my neighborhood (because it's the default on most routers) that I get awful speed using that channel. I switched to channel 9 and everything is fine.

Wow, I am such a beast:

286325908.png

Again, there is no way that is a residential connection.

And if it is not, it should not count. Last time I checked most work places will not let anyone take advantage of that kind of bandwidth (ie torrenting, downloading, streaming video)...

....broadband you say?

I'm still on dial up! My dad has been holding out for the longest time, we finally get broadband today (the line is activated and so on) and BT didn't deliver the router!!

We call them, and it turns out theres been a logistics error, we wont get one till Wednesday....

this is torturous....

....broadband you say?

I'm still on dial up! My dad has been holding out for the longest time, we finally get broadband today (the line is activated and so on) and BT didn't deliver the router!!

We call them, and it turns out theres been a logistics error, we wont get one till Wednesday....

this is torturous....

Once you go high-speed, you will never ever ever go back...

Numberzz, we have the same thing basically. I'm getting 20/20 Fios soon so this should go up. It's only 64 a month, too.

Right now I have just regular comcast, it's 45 a month IIRC.

286537486.png

There is no FiOS on the west coast. :)

As i'm not at home right now i'll post link to my speedtest from a few months back :)

256384382.png

Looked that up and it says that its UKs fastest broadband, and I'm guessing its true. Wow, 56Mbps connection.

Looked that up and it says that its UKs fastest broadband, and I'm guessing its true. Wow, 56Mbps connection.
It's actually 25mbit both ways but they let you have any free bandwith as well...i often reach 100mbit both ways ;)
How many MBPS is that?
25/25 but i often reach 100/100 because they give you any free bandwith on the network.

287162608.png

Should be 20mbs but am downloading.

My ISP is upgrading to 50mbs soon and is trialing 100 so cant wait.

VM's 100Mbit trial stopped AGES ago as it was a huge failure.

The 50Mbit comes trial comes to an end soon and starts rolling out around december.

How can you be happy with all day STM though? (10am-3pm and 4pm-9pm)

50Mbit has STM as well