2377 replies to this topic

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hi, dear master of this topic,

Could you even release an alpha build of driver with correct resolution for ati hd 3470, I'm really tired of looking at the transformed desktop.

Thanks in advance!

De_Bilbao

De_Bilbao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

wwwsn00per

i tried your guide.. it didn't work for me :hysterical:

I'm sorry xtrgr, but I've tested it twice and worked for me. My videocard is exactly an ASUS EAH3650 Silent HTDI/512M model, and ATI Radeon HD 3650 with Device ID:9598 exactly like this one

Posted Image

Let's try again my procedure. I've shortened the path to get a pure vanilla setup in 10.5.5 even more:
  • Installed 10.5.2 from retail DVD using DFE BOOT-132
  • Installed Apple Mac OS X 10.5.5 Combo Update
  • First reboot after update with -v
  • Next reboot with -x - f - v to avoid seeing the ugly disco screen
  • Opened the driver with Pacifist. Be sure the driver is the one in the first page for PCI-e ATI Radeon HD 3650. I used this one. It's name is ATI Radeon HD 3650.pkg and weighs 16912 KB
  • Right click over the package contents and installed to default location.
  • It replaces a lot of stuff in the system. I clicked "yes"up to 70 replacements.
  • Now DO NOT reboot.
  • Open OSx86 Tools and check Clear Extensions Cache, Clear System Application Cache, Clear User Application Cache, Run CRON Maintenance Scripts, Update Prebinding y Touch Extensions Folder.
  • Wait while OSx86 Tools cleans your system from unwanted files
  • Now cross your fingers and reboot...
It should be working now.

Hope this will make your card working. I have found the sequential combination of Pacifist for installing and OSx86 Tools for clearing the caches an invaluable tool to guarantee that the system is going to catch the drivers you want.

One more capture with Quartz Extreme, Core Image and Quartz GL enabled.

Posted Image

caenis

caenis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
i couldnt get your guild going either wwwsnOOper :)

scottishduck

scottishduck

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Mobility 3650 Ready to test any early builds ;)

xtrgt

xtrgt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
sn00per, it works the second time around, this time works with that particular driver package..

here is proof:

Posted Image

:D

thanks sn00per and lastXile !

• Guests
There are hopes for 2400xt 94c1 working on Leopard 10.5.5?
Don't works on Leo (all releases, all installers and kexts) for me.
Thanks, Giorgio.

00_FRACTAL

00_FRACTAL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
HELLO, i have aitkos 2.0i running on my dell 690 with saphire hd3650 this is clean install now without any optional drivers.
ive tried installing the hd3650 pkg but to no joy. i just get a black screen on reboot. ive been through this various ways but dont know what to do perhaps im installing in the wrong location or is there some form of activating the kext in terminal.
can some lovely person help me.
.........ive now tried with pacifist and i now get a black n white sort of stripe effect?????????help

ocw

ocw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Ohai

I need feedback on this installer for 2400,3850,3650 and 3870x2 users

Download

jas 10.5 server on a modded dell sc440:
- did not use the embedded driver from jas (when selected, installation would halt on the very end, could not be verified Posted Image )
- using: Sapphire HD 3650, PCI-E, 256MB DDR2/1GB HM
after installation i went into system/library/extensions
- deleted every file with ATI***
used pacifist to install only 3650 from your file
after reboot, in extensions there is only
- ATIRaedonX2000.kext and ATIRaedonX2000GLDriver.bundle
- quartz GL supported
- extreme not supported (on the client version of kalyway 10.5.2, after installing the entire driver package without any prior deletion extreme is supported)

prozector

prozector

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks, wwwsn00per!!!
I finally have 10.5.5 & QE/CI!!!

Reako

Reako

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Mobility 3650 Ready to test any early builds :)

Does this mean you GOT full support for the Mobility 3650? Or are you hoping like the rest of us?

Cupid

Cupid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
What's about the new Radeon HD4670???

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts

What's about the new Radeon HD4670???

Ist simple :
No Mac ATI 4XXX cards = No OS X drivers = no patches for our cards = wait for ATI Mac Retail / buildin 4XXX cards

naplo

naplo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I am still waiting for a solution for the ATI HD3450. Is there any chance that theres something beeing released soon or which graphic card should I get instead. Other than the graphic card my system seems to be quite compatible so I would like to have a cheap graphic card that ist most compatible as possible to Leopard.

macoff

macoff

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
Some progress with the HD3470 Mobility using EFI string, no QE/CI and can not change resolutions...
Attached File  Imagen_2.png   765.19KB   342 downloads

MacOff

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Hi MacOff,

Could you indicate which way did you use efi string for your Mob HD3470, did you use Efistudio ? I've got a Mob HD3450, maybe it could work for it, it is stuck to low 1024x768 and i can see you have 1152x864!

Thanks

macoff

macoff

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Hi MacOff,

Could you indicate which way did you use efi string for your Mob HD3470, did you use Efistudio ? I've got a Mob HD3450, maybe it could work for it, it is stuck to low 1024x768 and i can see you have 1152x864!

Thanks

For change resolution, insert this in your com.apple.Boot.plist:
<key>Boot Graphics</key><string>yes</string><key>Graphics Mode</key><string>1??0x?00x32</string>
?= your monitor resolution, yes i use EFIStudio but you must remove all ATI kext...

MacOff

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
OK Thanks, i'll test this evening, but before i just have a few newb questions ;) : to remove all ati kext i just have to go to system/library/extensions select all and put all in the trash or is there a terminal trick to do it ? Do i need natit kext instead ? for the resolution is it the same way as in this post : http://forum.insanel...howtopic=128387

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

For change resolution, insert this in your com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Boot Graphics</key><string>yes</string><key>Graphics Mode</key><string>1??0x?00x32</string>
?= your monitor resolution, yes i use EFIStudio but you must remove all ATI kext...

MacOff

is that ur best resolution?

Mine stucks at 1152*864, while the best is 1440*900

macoff

macoff

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

OK Thanks, i'll test this evening, but before i just have a few newb questions ;) : to remove all ati kext i just have to go to system/library/extensions select all and put all in the trash

Yes

Do i need natit kext instead ?

No

for the resolution is it the same way as in this post : http://forum.insanel...howtopic=128387
Thanks ;)

And yes... :D

Good luck, MacOff

wikidomdom

wikidomdom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

First, I would like to thank you lastExile for your job, I cannot imagine how much time you could spend to work on some issues for these .pkg.

I tried Mac OS X kalyway 10.5.1 (upgraded fine to 10.5.3) few month ago and just forgot it somewhere on my hard drive. The problem is I cannot find any solution to get my graphic card to work (HD2900GT 256MB, device ID=9405)! I posted a message in July on the major topic relating to your .pkg, but I didn't get any answer for my problem... Could you please just have a look ? If you could do anything to help me that would be marvelous cause i'm now stuck @ res 1024x768 using a 1680x1050 monitor... Aouch x)

From July, 15th :

Hi guys,

First, please excuse my english, i'm french.

I installed kalyway 10.5.1 two days ago and updated it to 10.5.3 without any problem this afternoon (but didn't do it for the kernel for the moment). It works fine but the problem is I still cannot use my graphic card, so i cannot get more than a 1400x1050 res, and i need 1680x1050 to don not kill my eyes.

I have got an ATI HD2900GT 256Mo. I thought it should work fine with the HD2900XT&PRO package for the 10.5.3 version...

In the system profile i can see i've got 9405 as Dev ID but the hd2900 .pkg obviously got 9400,9401 and 9403 as dev IDs. Will it work if " someone" would add my ID to this package ? If so, can someone do it please? :P

If not, is there any way I can get my HD2900GT working ? I would like to get my res ok with my screen at least :s

GC : HD2900GT 256MB DDR3
PCIe x16
Dev ID : 9405

I'm using a full DVI cable. I don't get any display with a VGA cable and a VGA/DVI adapter plug on my GC on kalyway for the moment. Only one of my two DVI slots work on my GC (the left one, I don't get any display with the other one, but I don't use any other screen so it's fine for me).

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for reading my message. I hope you could answer me soon!
Have a nice week-end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy