68 posts in this topic

tried to install XXX 10.4.11 this weekend ,but I am unsuccessful

my notebook:

CPU:Intel Celeron M 520 (1.5 GHz)

MainBoard:Intel 945GM

MEM:533Mhz DDR 1536MB

GFX:Intel G950

LAN:broadcom 440X

Could you please give me some clue for install..

Thank you

Installed 10.4.11 with 10.4.8 Universal Kernel AOK.

Had been trying to use the 10.4.11 kernel for ages now, seems like one obstacle after another. So I used the 10.4.8 universal kernel, almost problem free.

These are the ioptions I used:

10.4.11 updates -all

10.4.8 universal kernel (all 3 options)

all recommended kexts (I left out CPUPowerManagement kext remover as I have HPET)

all no-efi kexts

ATI 7500 Pack

AGPGart1.1

chun_nan IOPCI kext

I can also confirm that the ATI 7500 pack works very well (other versions I found before had been modified so they dont work without tweaking). If I install to 10.4.8 with ATI 7500 pack, QE enables from the start.

If I Install to 10.4.11 with 10.4.8 unversal kernel, minor tweaks needed (ethernet, sound & AGP werent working) specifically:

1)switched IONetworkingFamily.kext, AppleHDA.kext & appleAC97 with the older versions -taken from a JaS 10.4.8 ppf1 & ppf2 dvd.

2)edit the Info.plist inside AGPGart.kext to show your IONameMatch vendor & device ID's. for my T42 that was

<string>pci8086,3341</string>. That is for a ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 32Mb M7 LW card.

[i][b]Quote BlackCH[/b][/i]
Now lets understand something:
You cannot run kalyway EFI and XxX no-efi at the same time in the same HD. My guess is that Leo panics because now theres no EFI bootloader in your HD (you install the no-efi-darwin with Tiger).

Actually I got efi & no-efi installs running quite well on the same  disc. just installed pc_efi_v8 in my linux partition, to run  Leopard_efi I just call pc_efi bootloader from GRUB. To run  Tiger_no-efi I just chainload it from GRUB. That was always my plan,  couldn't ever understand the logic of why it "can't work".

Maybe i'm missing something but I now have a quite flexible multimedia setup which I what I was aiming at.

my only problems now, cant use QE output in vlc player. DVD player plays but shows blank screen, vlc player can play them but drops 2 out of 3 frames. USBUHCI debug driver registered, have had that on every install Ive tried I think, cant seem to get around it, USBEHCI is fine.

I was always really impressed by this dvd, now I know to use the 10.4.8 kernel it installs even easier than the JaS dvd.

Many thanks BlackCH, I am now happy enough to stop endlessly tweaking.

BlackCH:

Installed bluetooth with no problem ( working).

But, i dont have any option to turn it OFF in System Profiler. There is no option for me to click the "Turn Off".

How could i fix this?

Hi on i am a noob at all this i have tried findong the download but i can't find it

My system is:

Dual Core 1.8

Biostar 7050 nvdia motherboard

and chipset

140 gig hdd

2 gig ramm

Will this work on this spec and can anyone help me with

where and how to find it.

i have trued to find it so many times and just fails and also

will this work on a 20 gig hdd as i don't want to lose all my work on my 140.

Well,

Congrats to anyone with success installs.

Attempt #1.

I tried to install on Acer Aspire AMD T180-X42.

1x WD250 PATA IDE - 4 partitions (Vista/XP/Partition For OSX and 1xFAT32)

1x Hitachi HT250 SATA - 4 Partitions (3x NTFS partitions and 1 FAT32)

Upon boot the XxX 10.4.11 displays continuous wild text as "UNKNOWN SIGSEGV Code 0" until I power off the system.

Attempt #2.

I love to have this 10.4.11 for it's Brushed Metal GUI - then I made some attempts to another PC C2Q6600 [3 Hdd = 10 partitions Vista/XP/+user files at other partitions but this time it displays "waiting for root device".

Attempt #3.

I end-up installing Leo4Allv3 then erase because it does not display on my old 15" Samsung LCD.

Attempt #4.

I burn again this 10.4.11 with 4x speed - no luck - same "SIGSEVG ... " thingy. Lastly I opted to install Kalyway 10.5.2 and works perfectly on Abit IP35E.

I really love to have this 10.4.11 Tiger to work on any of the above machine Intel/AMD and I would like members to advise me for the two error messages above as where do I go wrong.

Please, Thank You.

Well,

Congrats to anyone with success installs.

Attempt #1.

I tried to install on Acer Aspire AMD T180-X42.

1x WD250 PATA IDE - 4 partitions (Vista/XP/Partition For OSX and 1xFAT32)

1x Hitachi HT250 SATA - 4 Partitions (3x NTFS partitions and 1 FAT32)

Upon boot the XxX 10.4.11 displays continuous wild text as "UNKNOWN SIGSEGV Code 0" until I power off the system.

Attempt #2.

I love to have this 10.4.11 for it's Brushed Metal GUI - then I made some attempts to another PC C2Q6600 [3 Hdd = 10 partitions Vista/XP/+user files at other partitions but this time it displays "waiting for root device".

Attempt #3.

I end-up installing Leo4Allv3 then erase because it does not display on my old 15" Samsung LCD.

Attempt #4.

I burn again this 10.4.11 with 4x speed - no luck - same "SIGSEVG ... " thingy. Lastly I opted to install Kalyway 10.5.2 and works perfectly on Abit IP35E.

I really love to have this 10.4.11 Tiger to work on any of the above machine Intel/AMD and I would like members to advise me for the two error messages above as where do I go wrong.

Please, Thank You.

This disc is INTEL only. And the 2nd computer you tryed probably has an unsupported HD/IDE controller.

HELP!!!

After mixed results with a Leopard install I've decided to re-install the 10.4.11, the problem is I can't remember for the life of me (after many attempts) which kext, kernel and EFI to select, help is appreciated :hysterical:

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2 (for this I select ICH7, RLT8110, ALC888 and GMA950) and my processor is an Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo.

Thanks in advance.

HELP!!!

After mixed results with a Leopard install I've decided to re-install the 10.4.11, the problem is I can't remember for the life of me (after many attempts) which kext, kernel and EFI to select, help is appreciated :hysterical:

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2 (for this I select ICH7, RLT8110, ALC888 and GMA950) and my processor is an Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo.

Thanks in advance.

Get the lastest revision (2.0). Try:

SSE3 EFI or SSE3 EFI vanilla (MBR/GUID, depending on your hd scheme)

from the 'Base Install Combos' menu.

on top of this add:

GMA950

ALC888 (3 or 6 ports)

RTL 1000 (maybe)

ICH7 is supported out of the box

I see that there is 8 series driver/injector included in the install disc. I am just wondering does that mean cards like 8800GT would work with 10.4.11?

Many thanks for answering this question.

i've just installed the 10.4.11 rev2

Thanks BlackCH .. everything is working fine

Except for the sound and video problems..I think this is connected to the Speedstep in which makes my cpu underclocked from normal..

Do you have any ideas or anyone can help me with this?

p.s Even the clock is tickling slower than normally

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is kind of old... But I need it.. Can't use OSX 10.5 with Pro Tools 7.5, need 10.4: Can't load projects recorded on HD systems if you use 10.5. I've GOT to have 10.4 any version...

Actually I also need a 10.3... Cos my other Digi 001 will only work upto Pro Tools 6.4 which will nto work under 10.4 even

This is no longer on TPB or EmonDoid... Anyone got it that can seed it for me?

(edit.. never mind, I found this finally)

(Edit, I gave up on that "uphuck" version)

I've gotten this version here to install and even boot, but when LoginWindow starts, I get:

localhost mDNSResponder: mDNSPlatformSendUDP sendto failed to send packet on interfaceID 01807C00 lo04 to 224

• 2 weeks later...

This install worked really well after I figured out which kernel to use. For some reason the 8.11.1 would always cause my system to hang with an Unresolved Kernel Trap on boot. I'm not sure why that is since that kernel is suppose to work with the Core 2 Duo.

The only other weirdness I noticed is that the About This Mac section displays the wrong speed. I'm showing as a 3.8 Core 2 Duo right now when it should be 3.12. I have added the proper fsb flags to com.apple.Boot.plist but that did not solve the problem. When I was running an older xxx 10.4.10 disc the About section displayed the correct speed.

One other unsolved problem is that running Logic Studio 7 or 8 shows both cores of the cpu but will only load one core and activity monitor is showing only 48% of my total cpu used. This has been a problem for me on my 10.4.10 AMD, 10.4.10 Intel, and now my 10.4.11 Intel. Any clue why Logic is the only program not using both cores? I never have an issue with Ableton or Cubase using the cpu.

• 2 weeks later...

10.4.11 might be the perfect system for the msi wind (or the akoya clone in my case) but I couldn't install it. The install DVD won't boot from an external DVD drive connected to the akoya and if I boot from it on my desktop PC, install the system on an external USB drive, connect this drive to the akoya and boot from it (this method works with kalyway 10.5.2 installs as the chipsets on the desktop and the wind are similar) it ends up in an error reporting trouble with AppleACPICPU.