XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Rev2

BlackCH

68 posts in this topic

it will be at TPB. Includes the PPF1, PPF2 patches and adds more features to the

installer; all Apple Software Updates till april 2008, a few more drivers and some utilities.

-X11

-X11 update 2006 1.1.3

-Airport Utility update 5.2.1

-Compatibility update for QuickTime 7.2

-Java for MACOSX 10.4 release 6

-Safari 3.1 update

-iTunes 7.6.2 update

-Security update 2008-002

-QuickTime 7.4.5, AirPort Extreme update 2008-002

-GMA900_10.4.5 drivers

-BroadcomWiFi patch

-New Jmicron and Marvell ATA controller driver

-Realtek RTL8111/8187/8187B

-SSE2 DVD player patch

-Generic AC97 Audio driver

-Radeon 7500 patch

-SpeedStep.app

-Little Snitch

-Sowndflower

-Perian

-SlimBatteryMonitor

-KextHelper

Installer Screenshot:

10411rev2zx3.th.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry guys; It seems my ISP is blocking my connection!.

Keep your downloads, I'll try to sort something out

edit:

Now is back. I dont know whats wrong but I dont think is just a coincidence...

I cant find in on TPB, it was in recent, But now its unavailable.

Now is there again; and in the demon as well

Great job once again BlackCH.

can u upload that "XxX 10.5.2 Install DVD" in your signature.

Not yet. Isnt any better that what is already out there (kalyway, etc)...I'll release a 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 probably.

Yes, I know. The thing is that the Airport Utility update 5.2.1 and 5.3.1 has the same package ID and one of them would need to be repack in order to include both...

I dont think you can update to 5.3.1 without having the 5.2.1 first. I tryed and I got an error;

BlackCH, thank you very much,

I can confirm ATI 7500 patch, works very well..

I select just ATI 7500 patch and AGPgart light vertion.

And got my ati 7500 16 mb ready with QE enabled right after installation.

But i still have this system crash from time to time... it's just stop to respond and freez. Can't do anything.

Really have no idea what to do. In addition I install wi-fi 2200, last stable from developers. The one on DVD is kinda old. Could this be a problem? Also Adobe CS and MS Office 2008, is very slow to start. Toast Roxio 8 and 9, just buncoing and burn my CPU.. never managed it to start.

I have ThinkPad T30.

Pentium 4M 1,8 (SEE2 only), i select this option for SSE2.

512 Ram

I really sad it's crash sometimes. I live it overnight, and found it with frozen screensaver at the morning.

But i still have this system crash from time to time... it's just stop to respond and freez. Can't do anything.Really have no idea what to do. In addition I install wi-fi 2200, last stable from developers. The one on DVD is kinda old. Could this be a problem?
Jeah, its still buggy stable driver ;)
Toast Roxio 8 and 9, just buncoing and burn my CPU.. never managed it to start.
Take Toast 7, its working and its UB.
Yes, I know. The thing is that the Airport Utility update 5.2.1 and 5.3.1 has the same package ID and one of them would need to be repack in order to include both... I dont think you can update to 5.3.1 without having the 5.2.1 first. I tryed and I got an error;
Yes, you need the 5.2.1 for 5.3.1.But the USB Driver Install Bug is still there, I have to install it again after install to get USB to work. ;) USB Driver from 10.4.10 works, but the 10.4.11 one gets Symbol Errors on loading.

I also checked the USB driver package; I couldnt find anything wrong with it....

maybe you want to replace the one that works for U inside the ISO....

You can also send it to me; but I'll have a very busy time till the end on the month, so I cannot ashure I would be able to work something out.

Glad to hear the 7500 pack is working! I wasnt shure it would...

BlackCH,

Yes 7500 works well, I will insert booting screenshot.

I want to test other options with other KERNEL.. I used 8.9.1 KERNEL for now. I've seen post about succes 8.11.1 on SSE2 (northwood).

Could you please give me some clue for start.. what options would be a choice.

"If you want to give a try to the 8.11.1 kernel then choose the 8.11.1 no-EFI kernel instead of the 8.9.1 (deselect all 3 choices)... Probably you will need to boot with '-legacy' flag."

Something else? What about patches?

Thank you

BlackCH,

Yes 7500 works well, I will insert booting screenshot.

I want to test other options with other KERNEL.. I used 8.9.1 KERNEL for now. I've seen post about succes 8.11.1 on SSE2 (northwood).

Could you please give me some clue for start.. what options would be a choice.

"If you want to give a try to the 8.11.1 kernel then choose the 8.11.1 no-EFI kernel instead of the 8.9.1 (deselect all 3 choices)... Probably you will need to boot with '-legacy' flag."

Something else? What about patches?

Thank you

-Apple 10.4.11 combo update (you can add all the updates from this menu)

-base combo SSE2

-8.11.1 kernel no-efi

-All recommended patches

-Graphic,sound,etc drivers for your pc

at boot you get a countdown, press any key and type:

-legacy (ENTER)

Thats your best shot (there a few more combinations that could work; I guess you can figure those out). If that doesnt work you will have to stick to the older kernel.

-Apple 10.4.11 combo update (you can add all the updates from this menu)

-base combo SSE2

-8.11.1 kernel no-efi

-All recommended patches

-Graphic,sound,etc drivers for your pc

at boot you get a countdown, press any key and type:

-legacy (ENTER)

Thats your best shot (there a few more combinations that could work; I guess you can figure those out). If that doesnt work you will have to stick to the older kernel.

Thank you, i will try. Should I add something from "no-EFI kexts" section? Also should I select 10.4.5 logwindow?

Some problem at TPB that is preventing me to download the .torrent file.

Is working fine here. Did you tryed at the demon?

Thank you, i will try. Should I add something from "no-EFI kexts" section? Also should I select 10.4.5 logwindow?

Every 'Base Combo' install many packages from the installer at once (so you dont have to select them). Read the documentation to see which ones. Make shure you have all no-efi kexts and you could add the loginwindow too.

I installed 10.4.8 now looking to update 10.4.8, so can i go directly to 10.4.11 rev 2 by skipping the previous versions?

It's not an updater, and it doesn't require any previous version. So, yes, you can simply install 10.4.11. You can even install to another partition and have both 10.4.11 and 10.4.8 on the same disk, which is what I do while evaluating new releases.

It's not an updater, and it doesn't require any previous version. So, yes, you can simply install 10.4.11. You can even install to another partition and have both 10.4.11 and 10.4.8 on the same disk, which is what I do while evaluating new releases.

thanks for the reply

i d/l 10.4.8 which is 4.3GB in size , but this new install is just 2.5GB in size, any differences?

First, the ISO is compressed with RAR. Uncompressed it's actually about 3.1GB. Second, there are some uneeded drivers and fonts that have been removed. So it's has been cut down with stuff that most users will never miss. And at the same time it has many, many drivers and additional programs that make it work better for mere PC users. And we don't have to go hunt them down and download them separately.

So basically it's smaller, better, and customized for us. This has been the best release that I have has the pleasure to use.

tried to install XXX 10.4.11 last night - but I am unsuccessful on my Acer 5315 -

put the dvd into the drive and restarted the system, it started installation and halfway my system shutdowns randomly.

I am not sure what the problem is.

at last tried to install with JaS 10.4.8 , same problem halfway installation is fine -and shutdown middle way.

No success with the 10.4.11, 10.4.8

I am using Intel celeron M 550 @ghz processor and Intel x3100 graphic card

any help