OS X & Active Directory

crypticknight

8 posts in this topic

Ok so here is my situation.

The company i work for has 1500+ Computers spread out around the country. The company is entirely windows based. The executives and sales reps are starting get the macs..and i have had the duty of supporting them as well as the windows machines, and making sure they work with our network.

Active Directory will be referred to as AD from here on.

In our AD, each users profile points to a H: drive, or the home drive. and also to a *.bat file that runs when the user logs into a windows machine. WIthin this *.bat file aka login script, are the network mappings for that user.

On the mac it will allow the users with a windows network id (nt id) to login and it will actually map the home drive that is listed in their profile in AD.

What i need now iswhen a user logs in on the mac with the network login, to automatically map the network drives listed in the *.bat file..

is there a way for me to do this? IF i have to replace the *bat file with an applescript i can do that as well. but i can't figure out how to make it do this. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks for the link, but i need it to be like when any user logs into a mac it automatically maps the network drive in there own AD profile. they are not mapped to the same drives. and for each user i woul dhave to write an apple script to run at login. that wont work.

anyone else have any ideas.

it is joined to the domain, and it does map the H:\ drive listed in active directory as the home directory.. i just need to do more than 1 network drive... so i know its got to feasible.

yes, but will the OS X know to run the pearl/bash script? if i replace the username.bat file with a pera/bash script in active directory woudl it work?

if so any advice on how to write the script?

IE... need user johndoe when he logs in to any mac machine that it maps

cifs:\\DOMAIN;johndoe@SERVER\SharedFolder1

cifs:\\DOMAIN;johndoe@SERVER\SharedFolder2

or via smb either work.

• 2 weeks later...