Dreamweaver Help

nate256

14 posts in this topic

So i got my domain name and web space, in dreamweaver i went to site manager and it conect to the server and i am wonder now how do i upload the pages i made? should it do it automatically? or do i need to go to like an upload button? sorry but i am new at this! when i do export and gives me a .ste file. So what do i need to do to get the site i made onto my server?

thanks and sorry, but i am new at this!

so i figured out the upload thing, but when i upload my html file only the text goes, no backfround or any other imagines. also when i go to the site i get a site index page, how do i make my "home page" come up first?

thanks!

Firstly, your "home page" should be called "index.html".

Second, to upload your whole site images and all, select the base folder of your site in dreamweaver on the right, and then click the green "up" arrow above. It should ask you if you want to upload the entire site.

where do you select the base folder? i can find that button. sorry im so new!

In file panel on the right there should be a folder that looks something like "Site - your site name":

pict.jpg

Select that folder (by clicking on it), then press the BLUE up arrow (I know i said it was green, but was mistaken).

• 4 weeks later...
$ ftp ftp.yomomma.com
Connected to yomomma.com.
220 ProFTPD 1.2.9 Server (Main FTP Server)
Name (ftp.yomomma.com): foo
331 Password required for foo.
Password: 
230 User foo logged in.
ftp> put lolita.html

Who uses FTP these days. Version/Revision control FTW!

Anyway the easiest client to use by far is Transmit for the Mac. It just works :(

What is Version/Revision control? The only version/revision control I know of is in programming to control the versions of your software. Is there actually a file transfer thing called Version/Revision control??

:P P

:P C

:P W

:P I

:P Z

Well it's not a client. More of a manager but it is excellent for development because all you need to do is get the revision you want and apply it. Excellent for testing :P