Ralink RT2600 (RT61) PCI Wireless Card

pootify

19 posts in this topic

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've tried this installation a few times, and then gave up. I started again recently, and have now got Leopard running on my Dell Inspiron 531; something I'm going to document when I get it working perfectly. I used iDeneb 1.3, but didn't install a network driver, as that was a problem I banged my head against last time. I now have a beautiful desktop with perfect resolution etc, mouse and keyboard are working.

Now I want to get my network running so I can stop running files back and forth on a USB key. My mainboard has a nVideo nForce card built into it. 10DE 0eEF. I have installed the different kexts from the start of this thread, stepping through all four of the forcedeth flavors. All of them except forcedeth-d do the same thing- MacOS reports a new network connection etc.. and my router seems happy to see it etc, but as soon as that information appears, the keyboard and mouse (both USB) cease to function.

I have looked through the boards but have failed to come up with any more info on this problem. Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm a osx86 noob, but I'm a pretty experienced Win/Mac/Linux user... I just don't know how to get around this problem...

Thanks for any helps/tips/pointers.

• 6 months later...

ok, it appears that Ralink RT61 PCI Chipset is now supported.

r8cl1k.png

that screenshot shows the options previous the installation of iATKOS v7 10.5.7..

look under Wireless -> Ralink -> ... there's Ralink RT61 PCI !

i'm downloading this release and trying my Gigabyte WP01GS PCI card.. will let you know :P

that screenshot shows the options previous the installation of iATKOS v7 10.5.7..

i'm downloading this release and trying my Gigabyte WP01GS PCI card.. will let you know :D

Nice, hope it works flawlessly, please do let us know when you try it!

i'm downloading this release and trying my Gigabyte WP01GS PCI card.. will let you know :(

I believe someone already tried this and was not successful.. please let us know what your results are?

• 2 weeks later...

I have also modified the IO810211family.kext adding the card ID by myself:

"<string>pci14e4,0302</string>"

But it isn't still working. I'm so frustated right now... After all the time I spent making in front the screen instaling, reinstaling, instaling back again ... humm... and, now I realise that the oficial driver only works for PPC.

Well, I'd like to know if there is any other altenative to make it work... I may buy an ethernet to USB adapter on eBay (this time, I'll check quite well if it's supported)

• 11 months later...

Aye, that it does. But it didn't work for my AWLH5025, and I strongly suspect that it's not because of PPC compatibility issues but rather the way that Airlink chose to implement the hardware. I've tried all the suggestions to no avail, and I'm considering getting the USB version, which appears to be functional. I'd rather keep the AWLH5025 XR™ 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter with its cool antennas instead of a goofy looking USB dongle :thumbsdown_anim:

Cheers m8s!

Michel

r8cl1k.png

i'm downloading this release and trying my Gigabyte WP01GS PCI card.. will let you know :(