GMA 3100 (desktop version!)

bazz38

21 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to get leopard to work on a new second pc; a shuttle SD30G2. Everything is working, except the integrated video. I already expected it, but there must be fix :D

So i've been looking for days here, but it looks like there aren't any GMA 3100 drivers. I know there are GMA X3100 "drivers" (read: fixes), but as far as i can tell the GMA 3100 is a completely different architecture.

I have problems getting my resolution right, as expected, i only get 1024x768. I've already tried switchresX, but that doesn't work.

my specs are:

C2D E6750, chipset; Intel G31 + ICH7

2x 1gb dual channel (800 Mhz)

GMA 3100 integrated (256 bit)

LAN, SATA etc all working. I'm running Kalyway's 10.5.2 now.

Anyone has a solution?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Video playback is perfect, and so are the effects. Does anyone know of a trick for the 1680x1050 res. because I assume as soon as you change the res., everything will be fine with the native OSX display driver. Just won't be able to play Halo and such.

• 1 month later...

You are better off buying an os x compatible pci / pci-e graphics card. You can get them off ebay for not too much, then you should have a fully compatible hackintosh :censored2:

Or you could try hexing one of the intel drivers 950/x3100 with the id's of the desktop 3100 using a hexeditor (google).

• 5 weeks later...