PCWiz OS X Kernel Installer

~pcwiz

78 posts in this topic

Where can we get this, sorry PCWizzzz, you know this is what I'm looking for!! ;)

StiCMAN

picture2by6.png

Here's something similar to what yours does, just written entirely in Cocoa.

(Yes, the content in there really makes no sense, but it was just to show as an example).

Well I would release it, but to be honest, I don't want to be responsible for any troubles that might arise. I can't really test it myself, I don't use OSx86 (I know the copying works, but I didn't want to screw up my system will a full-on test).

• 5 weeks later...

hi guys,

I have a problem installing a new Kernel with this release! I have Leopard 10.5.2 (Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd) I want to update it to 9.2.2 but the Kernel Installer can't find my Leopard Kernel, I can see it under Leopard but I can't selected!

any idea?

its working now! :D all I did is reboot and start leo with -x safe mode and reboot again then run your installer and it is working!!!! thanks for your good work my firend..

can't freakin wait to try this out.....HUUUUUUUGE thanks pcwiz. i've been wanting to update the kernel, but was too afraid to crash my system and have to spend a few hours learning how to fix it. you just made my life a LOT easier. can't wait to be able to shut down and restart my pMac without holding the power button!!!!

pcwiz, can you tell me where the backup is located? I installed the TOH 9.2.2 kernel and now I have VMWare resetting over and over.

Please can you help, I would like to select the backup so that it is back to its original state

pcwiz, can you tell me where the backup is located? I installed the TOH 9.2.2 kernel and now I have VMWare resetting over and over.

Please can you help, I would like to select the backup so that it is back to its original state

does anybody know where the backup file you have this program create is stored?

Yes, the backed up kernels are backed up to the root of your partition. To restore it you would go into the F8 boot prompt and enter the backed up kernel name and hit enter (e.g mach_kernel.backup) Once it boots you can use the kernel installer to restore your old kernel.

i had many problems using your program, and then i figured out why.... the new mach_kernel has to be in the same directory as your program or else it just keeps giving a bunch of errors. hope this helps people out who might have trouble with this issue!

ya.... wierd... either way, got it working.

but now i have one small issue and that is i downgraded from vanilla 9.2.2 because it wasnt working out for me, so now i need the 9.2.0 system.kext to get my USB back up and working, and i have no idea where to get it!

any ideas?

• 1 month later...

pcwiz's OSx86 tools (all-in-one utility) is an improvement on this. You can find it in this (newer) thread.

Thanks pcwiz (I'm sure you're way to busy to be going back to all your previous threads to add this link, but I do think it's well worth shouting about. ;-) Of course having a link in your signature is also a good way to get us there (that's how I found it). Cool stuff! :(