Leopard on Dell 700m for Dummies (Dual-boot with XP and shared partition)

Ziegler

60 posts in this topic

Kewl, keep us posted on the outcome. I'm not going to mess with

mine right now since I have a working installation with stable wifi, but I'm sure

there are others who will be interested in how you make out.

OK got iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 to load to the installation screen but I have to clue what to check off in the customize installation window. If anyone can help that would be really great.

Also to note when booting the CD in I typed -v then it appeared that the optical drive stopped spinning but I just left it alone and did some things around the house and came back and I was at the install screen. So just let it sit there. Not sure if it helped but I also took the battery out.

• 2 weeks later...
OK got iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 to load to the installation screen

but I have to clue what to check off in the customize installation

window. If anyone can help that would be really great.

So how'd ya make out with the 10.5.6?

I know I have to select voodoo 9.5.0 and I'm supposed to select seatbelt fix but I cannot find it in the customize screen. I still have no clue what selections to make. But it installs then reboots then just hangs at the white apple boot screen with no actions going on.

I also found out I am using XxX 10.5.6 installer instead of iDeneb. I am going to try iDeneb since I had luck with other versions of the installer which this may be the case.

If anyone can tell me what selections to make I can test them out.

IMG_3563.jpg

hi guys, my first post here yippee!!

awesome thread running here, its cool to see other pple trying the same thing on the 700m.

im experiencing a little hiccup though, would appreciate if someone could shed some light:

I've successfully installed Leopard using iAtkos 5 and setup dual boot via chain0. But after it prompts me to select the drive on which OSX is installed, it simply reboots back to BIOS screen instead of starting up!!

Has anyone had this problem before? Is this a driver issue or does iAtkos 5 not work with 700m? (which i'd find hard to believe!)

butterfingarz - your pic is super helpful but unfortunately i believe you're using iDebeb instead of iAtkos :huh:

super appreciate any help... thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I followed the instructions in the first post and got the dual boot w/ OSX and WinXP running fine but there is definitely a video problem w/ OSX. Anybody figure this out yet. Basically, DVDs and Videos won't play at all. The error message was

"There was an initialization error"

A valid video device could not be found for playback. [-70017]

Audio works fine. Basically, everything works on my 700M except the video. Really annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to try 10.5.7? I have the combo update and have been reading up on how to do it but still a little confused.

P.S. got bored again the other night and put windows 7 on my 700m and works/performs great. Still working on a fix to get native resolution just like OS X.

• 3 months later...
Anyone want to try 10.5.7? I have the combo update and have been reading up on how to do it but still a little confused.

P.S. got bored again the other night and put windows 7 on my 700m and works/performs great. Still working on a fix to get native resolution just like OS X.

I also followed the same steps for XP/OSX dual boot.. worked fine using 10.5.1 and got wireless/battery/sound working fine.

On the XP side, wont boot says its missing a certain file.

Since this thread is pretty much dead, any new updates on a newer OSX version higher then 10.5.1/10.5.2 ?

I also followed the same steps for XP/OSX dual boot.. worked fine using 10.5.1 and got wireless/battery/sound working fine.

On the XP side, wont boot says its missing a certain file.

Since this thread is pretty much dead, any new updates on a newer OSX version higher then 10.5.1/10.5.2 ?

OK Here is my update.. loaded Windows 7 then used partition magic to create my fat32 partition for OSX.

Was able to install 10.5.1 and now running Windows 7 + Mac OSX 10.5.1 dual boot and both OS running good.

BTW, I have the 710m

• 3 months later...

Well I messed up my XP/Kalyway dual boot so

am now dual booting xp and windows 7.

Tried to reinstall Kalyway again but for

some reason it wouldn't take this time around.

Oh well. Have iDeneb 10.5.8 lite on a drive on the desktop PC

so still am able to get my hackintosh fix on as needed. ;)

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, So I have a 700m, Kalyway 10.5.1. Followed the instructions to the T and everything is working great.

Except when I go to restart I get the You need to restart your computer. error.

I can't figure it out.

I searched and came up with deleting the AppleintelCPUPowerManagement.kexts file, which i've done. I just dont want to restart to have to REINSTALL this a third time.

Anyone have an idea???