Discontinued

iNoob

155 posts in this topic

Sorry i want to know that can it use in leopard 10.5.2?My Motherboard is nForce 550,but i find a driver which can only use in tiger,need one for leopard.Do you have a MSN?I Have some questions to ask you.thxi test it in My leopard,it can't workbut thanks for your kext!

Reporting success here so far. Worked flawlessly with cpus=1 and so far its also working fine with both cores enabled as well. I tried transferring a few large files to and from my file server to test it with both cores and it hasn't panicked yet. It also seems to be much faster than the older driver, but I might be imagining that.I have an Asus M2N-E with the nForce 570 chipset and thank you very much for working on this driver.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Leopard panicked while downloading a torrent and then again when loading some thumbnails for movies stored on a network share. Everything seems fine with cpus=1 added to the boot plist again.

OK, thanks for the feedback. Try this one.

Sorry i want to know that can it use in leopard 10.5.2?My Motherboard is nForce 550,but i find a driver which can only use in tiger,need one for leopard.Do you have a MSN?I Have some questions to ask you.thxi test it in My leopard,it can't workbut thanks for your kext!
Try this one on Leo and report if it works. Also try the kext on the above post and tell me your results. If you have a dual-core CPU, try it with both cpus=1 and nothing when booting. Test also its stability, transfering large files.

Edit: the kext is here below, sorry :D

||

\/

forcedeth.kext.zip

Ha ha ha ha ha I am Doctor Frankenstein :) I have made an nForce LAN driver using Forcedeth and nForceEthernetController, but I need subjec... er... testers! to make it work properly. So, please help me doing this! Also give me your opinion! Thx planetbeing and MikeInS for this!

Hey great job man... I have a m61p-s3 mobo nforce 430 built-in lan. It recognizes it but it cant connect to the internet i get a weird address when i use dhcp... it is starts as 168.***.***.*** . I dont know what the problem is, but you have made some great progress. Thanks

OK, thanks for the feedback. Try this one.Try this one on Leo and report if it works. Also try the kext on the above post and tell me your results. If you have a dual-core CPU, try it with both cpus=1 and nothing when booting. Test also its stability, transfering large files.

Edit: the kext is here below, sorry :)

||

\/

It works in Leo but freeze mouse and keyboard on my MSU platinum while loading large files.

Solidus,

My apologies if my suggestion is equivalent to asking is "it plugged in". But did you go to the network preference pane and set up the network card in the preference pane manually. You should also check the network card's setting under the advanced, ethernet, pane to ensure that your card is being set up properly.

That address usually comes up due to some type of set up issue not due to a kext issue. (Usually).

The freezing problem is an odd one because as far as I can tell it happens when there is a lot of different connections at once and not necessarily in a high throughput situation. For example transferring a 4GB file from a network share full of video files works fine but creating the thumbnails for all of the video files causes a panic.

Torrents seem to be the easiest way to cause a panic, I get one pretty much instantly after I load a torrent with lots of peers.

thanks for pickin up on this project iNOOB, glad its finally back in the works :)

Both boot the machine successfully, DHCP functional, full-duplex 100, 1500 MTU, 2 cores

1. If i set full-duplex 1000 i get a kernel panic

2. I tried downloading a single file, seemed to be stabile, this was repeated 4 times on different restarts, downloading the MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.2 from apple at 1.6mb/sec, one time i got a panic at about 75% downloaded...

3. Torrents... seems as reported, under load, will induce a panic.

it would be nice to actually be able to use the onboard dual gigabit ethernet ports on the osx side of things... even tho i've resorted to using the linksys pci card w/tulip is rock solid

Looking forward to see some improvements :)

Here are screenies:

Panic 1 is under kext from first post

Panic 2 is under kext from your 2nd post

post-165348-1203900396_thumb.jpg

post-165348-1203900406_thumb.jpg

i have tried both kext,

both work well in cpus=1, (tramissions + comboupdate dl )

but got kernel panic with all core enabled ..(when dl comboupdate from apple @3.6mb/s)

--------------p.s.

those symptoms is the same when i use my belkin usb adapter,

and got network drops instead of panic for 8139 ...

so i think it's really some others prob. of nforce chipset or kernel :/

Thx for your kext,it work with my leopard 10.5.2 and everything is great. Now i downloading some games to test it.When i got a resul,i will reply U.Sorry my english is so pool.ha i am a chinese.

nForce chipsets are somewhat unstable under OSX. The worst in support are the ATI ones, but I am glad I don't have one!(In fact, everything ATI makes are lousy :hysterical:) I don't have Leo(yet) and a 2-core CPU so...
haha my graphics card is ATI X1950 GT. And i have a dual-core CPU.But thry works well in Leopard. Thank U for Your kext. I will post it to Chinese BBS.Many people like me need it.

I would probably not choose to run my hackintosh with only one core fulltime but for testing purposes... i tried it with one core, network seemed to pick up, everything seemed to populate in system profiler, network preference panel looked good. but no internet.

I tried running w/ one core: 100 full & half duplex, 10 full & half duplex, dhcp, force to ip

nothing worked for me

Hello there Dr. Frakenstein. I loaded your kExt, the one you have on your post for Leopard to my Zephyr 10.5.2 Hackintosh. It's a Asus M2n-SLI Mobo with 2x Forcedeth controllers (nForce 4). Works just fine and dandy for webpage browsing, but when i attempt to transfer a 2.5GiB DMG from our server (or try to mount it, this is done via NFS), my machine kernel panics and gives me the "you need to reboot" screen.

Any ideas?

Hi iNoob,

I have a K9N Neo rev 1.0 that uses MCP55 chipset / NIC ..

I tried the use the kext from your 1st post and NIC gets detected .. but I'm having problems with DHCP .. it gives me 169.... IPs, instead of 192 .. BTW, I have a wired router.

I also tried using the forcedeth kext .. and still nogo. Tried cpus=1 and still nogo. I also tried manually putting ip add/subnet/DNS/etc and still nogo .. tried Relasing DHCP and stuff .. still nogo.

I have a working Intel Hack which is connected to the same router and is working fine.

*This is my first time in installing on an AMD PC.

I used Zephyroths 10.5.2 release.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much for your great work!

Specs:

AMD 64 3000+

K9N Neo rev 1.0 MS-7260 (Latest BIOS)

80GB IDE hdd

Toshiba IDE DVDRW

2 x 512mb Apacer memory (dual channel mode)

etc