Tutorial for installing KALYWAY on Acer Aspire 5920G?

kalyway

17 posts in this topic

Are there any out there? Or any tutorials similar to installing it on this notebook?

And anyone who has successfully installed this on their 5920Gs, does WLAN/LAN and the GeForce 8600M GT fully work? How about the sound and keyboard support? Heard some people had problems.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear All;

I have an Acer 5920g I can get sound if I install 10.5.1 iatkos.

iatkos will install to MBR partition (I've not had any joy with EFI) with no options selected, when I try to install Nvidia installer V1.9 or NVinstaller V4 the laptop will not boot.

Is it possible for for someone who has a working setup (or more working setup) to create an image of the working Hardrive?

Thanks

Jon

Update with Leo4All 10.5.2

Automatically installs EFI, installed stock kernal

Sound Working

Internet working with cheap USB 2 Lan adapter (£2 on ebay)

Nvidia card works with NVinstaller V.4 but causes the keyboard and mouse to stop working.

I can still use an external mouse and keyboard but its far from ideal

Has anyone had any more joy?

Regards

Jon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought Id post my Acer Aspire 5920G info,

I used the Leo 4 All install, choosing any of the following works

Stock kernal 9.2.0 works,

Stock kernal 9.2.2 works,

Netkas 9.2.0 works,

with STOCK ACPI, any version, work ( if you dont tick one with Leo 4 all DVD you will get 1.1.0 (i think), and if you choose power management, you'll even get battery icon(will only work with that early version of ACPI)

Keyboard works, Mouse works, (if keyboards stops try booting with -f switch.)

if you wont sound choose Azailla audio (this will give speaker output only)

you can do the Linux injext method and Apple HDA patcher version 1.7 put the internal speaker will not work, only headphones, but the line in's will become active.. with that method (ive a Codec dump if needed) ALC888

The Graphics works Fully. nothing wrong at all (using NVInstallerV.41 app)

Ive changed the WLAN module, (as intel are poo :D ) for a dell 1390, but this didnt work until i installed the following PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg. (beta 3 dont work causes kernal panic)

Also with this installed and the following AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext(with the Right ID put in, I can supply the kext!) you can get the internal LAN to work, BUT any hugh amount of IO on the card and then your system will Crash.. But its a start (also no MAC address, adding manually cause crash, well hang)

If i can help anyone with my findings, or anyone can help me, that would be great..

Im most interested in getting proper LAN support,

The Suyin(acer Crystal eye cam) works in ichat but not in setup or anything else ive found.

The CardReader Doesnt work,

Firewire is dicovered but i cant confirm it works,

DL-DVD writer works, with toast,

USB appears to work Fine, some appear as High speed.

The one problem you may have when installing most versions of OSX with this laptop(ive tried Lea4All, IAtkos2.0i kalyway 10.5.1 all work) but it seems to hand on booting from time to time, when booting from DVD Id always recommend pressing F8 and typing -v cpus=1 for install. if the screen stops just after 3/4 screen of text then its not going to boot, (i think the line around their mentions the Firewire port)

I find, that once OSX is installed setting the time out to 10 second in the startup is enough to make the machine boot 90% of the time)

sorry if ive rambled on this any comments are welcome, if i can explain anything better for you ask me, :-)

:D

Im planning on a tutorial very soon if still needed...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all:

I'm sorry but i'm a veritable beginer.

After the "Installation by Kalyway" when i start my pc, screen shows following message:

FireWire unable to set scurity mode (or some like this); defoulting to full-secure.

then,m i'm not able to start the OSX, neither by enter key, neither another one.

In order to solve this trouble, please, how can i sett the time out to 10 second in the startup ?

or... it's possible by some command line to set firewire, or change firewire driver from older version.. etc.

Thanks in advance

Stecnico3

Netkas 9.2.0 works,

with STOCK ACPI, any version, work ( if you dont tick one with Leo 4 all DVD you will get 1.1.0 (i think), and if you choose power management, you'll even get battery icon(will only work with that early version of ACPI)

you can do the Linux injext method and Apple HDA patcher version 1.7 put the internal speaker will not work, only headphones, but the line in's will become active.. with that method (ive a Codec dump if needed) ALC888

Ive changed the WLAN module, (as intel are poo :jerry: ) for a dell 1390, but this didnt work until i installed the following PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg. (beta 3 dont work causes kernal panic)

Also with this installed and the following AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext(with the Right ID put in, I can supply the kext!) you can get the internal LAN to work, BUT any hugh amount of IO on the card and then your system will Crash.. But its a start (also no MAC address, adding manually cause crash, well hang)

If i can help anyone with my findings, or anyone can help me, that would be great..

The Suyin(acer Crystal eye cam) works in ichat but not in setup or anything else ive found.

The one problem you may have when installing most versions of OSX with this laptop(ive tried Lea4All, IAtkos2.0i kalyway 10.5.1 all work) but it seems to hand on booting from time to time, when booting from DVD Id always recommend pressing F8 and typing -v cpus=1 for install. if the screen stops just after 3/4 screen of text then its not going to boot, (i think the line around their mentions the Firewire port)

I find, that once OSX is installed setting the time out to 10 second in the startup is enough to make the machine boot 90% of the time)

sorry if ive rambled on this any comments are welcome, if i can explain anything better for you ask me, :-)

:)

• 2 weeks later...

This might be the problem i get from time to time,

ive read post that suggest its to do with USB if you remove the kext for USB im told it doesnt do this.(but thats not helpful on the DVD you got is it)

I get around it by rebooting and trying again generally if try about 10 times it should work eventually sorry its a rubbish responce but it does get past that eventually....... as soon as its hung you might as well turn off then it WILL NOT contiunue

hope that helps a little ....

Hi to all:

I'm sorry but i'm a veritable beginer.

After the "Installation by Kalyway" when i start my pc, screen shows following message:

FireWire unable to set scurity mode (or some like this); defoulting to full-secure.

then,m i'm not able to start the OSX, neither by enter key, neither another one.

In order to solve this trouble, please, how can i sett the time out to 10 second in the startup ?

or... it's possible by some command line to set firewire, or change firewire driver from older version.. etc.

Thanks in advance

Stecnico3

• 4 weeks later...

Netkas 9.2.0 works,

Ive changed the WLAN module, (as intel are poo :) ) for a dell 1390, but this didnt work until i installed the following PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg. (beta 3 dont work causes kernal panic)

:P

hey thx 4 your help.

can u help me to get the microphone/line in working with your method?

thx

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

i have installed kalyway 10.5.2 and it seems the best option .... i have tried others many times.

no wlan - no lan and no camera also no sd card reader. - firewire does work and u can get internet access that way...

sound thru the speakers as option - there is a way to patch it to line out - but dont bother cos ull use the speakers more often

i got the dual boot to work almost by accident - leopard on first partition and vista on second...it happened automatically after i installed kalyway which comes with some NICE apps - i own LEOPARD original and it has an app that will install the iLife apps onto Kalyway -i recommend that!

i use a cheap USB audio stick with mic/line out for that and a usb to LAN converter -loads of USB products are instantly recognised by Leopard - I love it...but also have windows blister to boot up with for gaming ... and wireless browsing for virus infections etc lol

• 2 months later...

Ok ome on guys we have to get this working. I have some info which may help.

I have swapped the intel card with a 4315 Broadcom Corporation BCM4310 PCI-e and the issue is still the same.

Both the network card and wifi reconises under DPCImanager but doesnt work for some reason. I believe the devices do have power. See below.

I heard somewhere that I may have to remove the network card for the wifi to work ? Also I have tried setting the ID in the kext file too 4315 but this doesnt seem to work either.

Comments ? Ideas ? I feel we are so close with this. Has anyone swapped another supported wifi card in the acer?

8086:2a00 Intel Corporation Mobile Memory Controller Hub

8086:2a01 Intel Corporation Mobile PCI Express Root Port

10de:0425 nVidia Corporation ERROR: Unknown Device

8086:284b Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller

8086:283f Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1

8086:2841 Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 2

8086:444e Intel Corporation ERROR: Unknown Device

8086:2845 Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 4

14e4:4315 Broadcom Corporation BCM4310 USB Controller

8086:2849 Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 6

14e4:1693 Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express

8086:2830 Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller